Is it possible to book chef's table and ultimate ships tour as a gift?

Travelntanya

Hello everyone,

Traveling on July 19th on the Crown to Alaska with 8 family members (four cabins) for my Mother's 75th birthday. My siblings and I are wanting to book (we realize there is no guarantee they will be chosen for either activity but hoping we get lucky) the chef's table and ultimate ships tour as a surprise for her and her boyfriend.

After doing some research on the boards, it looks like I need to call the dine line ASAP after boarding and put in a request for the chef's table. I'm hoping they will be chosen and get a surprise letter delivered to their cabin and then pay for both of them on my account. Has anyone done this for another cabin?

For the ship's tour, it looks like I need to high tail it to the customer service desk and put in a request for them. Am I right on this? Again, has anyone done this for other passengers? Lastly, as anyone traveled to Alaska this season and knows what day the tour was on?

Thanks for any and all replies!!

You're correct on the procedure...ASAP call the DINE line for the CT & go to the PSD to get on the UST list.

I have not paid for another passenger but have made reservations for things such as specialty dining for a group of us in different cabins by giving them their cabin #s and names.

At worst you can add money to her shipboard account at Guest Services.

This is the easiest way to pay for the gift.

Alternatively, once their account has been charged, you can go to the front desk and ask to have the charges moved to your account.

Hello everyone,

Traveling on July 19th on the Crown to Alaska with 8 family members (four cabins) for my Mother's 75th birthday. My siblings and I are wanting to book (we realize there is no guarantee they will be chosen for either activity but hoping we get lucky) the chef's table and ultimate ships tour as a surprise for her and her boyfriend.

After doing some research on the boards, it looks like I need to call the dine line ASAP after boarding and put in a request for the chef's table. I'm hoping they will be chosen and get a surprise letter delivered to their cabin and then pay for both of them on my account. Has anyone done this for another cabin?

For the ship's tour, it looks like I need to high tail it to the customer service desk and put in a request for them. Am I right on this? Again, has anyone done this for other passengers? Lastly, as anyone traveled to Alaska this season and knows what day the tour was on?

Thanks for any and all replies!!

I was able to sign up for both the Chef's Table and the UST at the Passenger Services Desk. The cost of the UST is $150/pp and the CT about $95/pp. The UST is usually held on the last sea day.

The only thing I am not sure about is if you can ask them to charge it to your cabin on signup. I remember the form for the UST indicated the charge would go to the person on the list if it happened. And for the Chef's table we signed a charge slip at the dinner. What you may end up having to do is go back to guest services and see if the charge can be transferred.

On a related note, we're on the Coral this fall. My in-laws are now joining us and are celebrating their 50th anniversary. My wife and I wanted to take them to the Chef's Table to celebrate. If we call when we get on (and assuming we get picked), can I bill all 4 to our account?

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

I've never done it for another passenger, but to the best of my knowledge, you must put in for the ship's tour once you are on board the ship. At least that has been the case on the Princess ships that I have been on!

Tom

The only thing I am not sure about is if you can ask them to charge it to your cabin on signup. I remember the form for the UST indicated the charge would go to the person on the list if it happened. And for the Chef's table we signed a charge slip at the dinner. What you may end up having to do is go back to guest services and see if the charge can be transferred.

No......You won't be charged for the UST until you make the list and do the tour.

Just because one signs up does not guarantee a spot. Like the Chef's Table.

Right, but for the UST we didn't sign, the charge just showed up on the bill. So if you were to put another parties cabin number and name, they would see the charge. The signup sheet was used to process the charges.

No......You won't be charged for the UST until you make the list and do the tour.

Just because one signs up does not guarantee a spot. Like the Chef's Table.