Eclipsing Northern Europe by cruise : Basic black , and Baltic blues

scubacruiserx2

What would the water temp be like for diving in December, I suppose it is only slightly above the equator so not too bad.

The water is still nice then and usually gets a little cooler at the end of the December through March . But what really got me cold in February was the air temperature , and the constant wind on the unsheltered moving boat . My biggest mistake was not bringing a fleece , a jacket or a towel ! Lesson learned ;)

The water is still nice then and usually gets a little cooler at the end of the December through March . But what really got me cold in February was the air temperature , and the constant wind on the unsheltered moving boat . My biggest mistake was not bringing a fleece , a jacket or a towel ! Lesson learned ;)

Yes, the best things about mistakes are the lessons learned from them so we don't make them again.:D

We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Tyler wanted to go to Murano .

DSC06515_zpsbsjppnwq.jpg

But there's something magic about the word 'Lobster' in Tyler's vocabulary which makes him ( and us ) willing to dress Evening Chic .

DSC06520-001_zpskmj4ghpm.jpg

No tux , no ties

DSC06522_zpsumqqi7at.jpg

We were seated in a separate room , but I must say , Tyler's behavior and manners were impeccable on this evening !

DSC06539_zpsgzjmwdpt.jpg

What would you like for dinner ?

DSC06528_zpsng5s5ibh.jpg

DSC06521_zpst8e03snc.jpg

Very dapper and you scrub up okay as well;) You all look great, Murano's is certainly worth dressing for even if you skip the lobster. My favourite is the Pork belly and then the Venison.:D

Thank you Mic , we do do enjoy dining there ! I had the pork belly but didn't get a photo and Pat did enjoy her Venison . :) :D

I removed the one menu and scrubbed it up a bit , and will re post it .

There really is not one thing that I don't like on that menu. Although, I haven't had the Caviar or the Fois Gras as menu items, although they had some with a chef's table one time.:D

Total agreement Mic !

Tyler asked us what he could have on the menu , we told everything ( meaning multiple starters ) . When he asked us what Fois Gras and Caviar were , the look on his face was priceless when Pat explained . I wish that I had photographed his reaction !

It was like the classic scene in the movie Big where Tom Hanks first tries Caviar :

The Maine Lobster bisque.

DSC06536_zpsduh5z2nr.jpg

The photo looks like I had too much wine , but the blur is from a slow shutter speed conveying movement .

Lobster Bisque

DSC02271_zpsqc8kbjdm.jpg

Smoked Salmon and Crab Parfait

DSC02272_zpsbtfdo90r.jpg

Porcini and Morel Risotto

DSC02274_zpsepv0p3cw.jpg

DSC02275_zpsvmr4rfyg.jpg

Phyllo Backed Anjou Pear

DSC02281_zpsh9sg0pam.jpg

We loved them all but our favorite was the bite size sampler for sharing . It's like a Martini Flight of desserts !! :) :D

DSC06556_zpsu8jmlnob.jpg

Totally agree.. that dessert flight is AWESOME!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our 'Caribbean' like day at sea ended with a Caribbean like sunset from our Veranda

IMG_2467_zpslryx9hnl.jpg

wide angle stitch

IMG_246920Stitch-001_zpsnamtuskz.jpg

IMG_2510_zpse9pdwhjl.jpg

but , after all , we were headed South .

IMG_2473_zpsombxrvi2.jpg

IMG_2486_zps9rkzqhtv.jpg

I can't find our last day at sea Celebrity Today , but I had planned on getting up early , the next day for a final ship's photo session .

IMG_2486_zps9rkzqhtv.jpg

I can't find our last day at sea Celebrity Today , but I had planned on getting up early , the next day for a final ship's photo session .

Love your sunrise pictures.....I always take several sunrise/sunset, full moon(when we're lucky) on each cruise..... great background pix for the computer!!

I agree, all the photos are fabulous whether it is food, ship features, architecture art etc, but the natural beauty ones such as the sunsets or sunrises are most impressive. I wonder if it is a deep down subconscious awareness of what was vital for survival or curiosity of what is out there or if it is a just an inbuilt pyromania.

Love your sunrise pictures.....I always take several sunrise/sunset, full moon(when we're lucky) on each cruise..... great background pix for the computer!!

Thanks Gracie , I must say that I've always loved the Florida sunrises ! It goes back to my first taste of freedom when surfing at sunrise with friends in high school . :)

I agree, all the photos are fabulous whether it is food, ship features, architecture art etc, but the natural beauty ones such as the sunsets or sunrises are most impressive. I wonder if it is a deep down subconscious awareness of what was vital for survival or curiosity of what is out there or if it is a just an inbuilt pyromania.

And thank you Mic !

Our sunsets here are over a swamp , and with the colors during winter - it can be very dramatic and beautiful . But it's hard to beat a sunset into the sea , as viewed from a cruise !

Post sunset at this time of the year ='s the thrill of the grill where I can channel my inner hunter/gatherer . :) :D

More photos from the morning walkabout

IMG_2564_zpsg7oihj6y.jpg

The end of the line , stern access denied !

IMG_2566_zpskrbujubl.jpg

The review has officially gone into the toilet

IMG_2571_zps7pyj2w2k.jpg

Toilet trivia for those who can read the writing on the wall ( answer below ) .

IMG_2576_zpsaxaz5aje.jpg

A new twist on the tree ( pano stitch)

IMG_258320Stitch-001_zps7ljlxnxz.jpg

IMG_2576-001_zpsnlvq2c7t.jpg

Q: So what rooms are best for seeing a lunar eclipse?

(answer below).

A: The bathroom or the bedroom.;)

:)

I'm just grateful that I didn't see a full moon in the men's room :eek::eek:

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Heading downstairs to the MDR

IMG_258920Stitch-001_zps0hysmm2p.jpg

another view of the tree

IMG_2593_zpsec4s7swo.jpg

and outside of the MDR on stairway landing is more writing on the wall

IMG_2596_zpsuvjyvhfb.jpg

"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?" ... the Queen from Disney's Snow White .

Wine holder pano

IMG_260220Stitch-001_zps2xkz0jh8.jpg

Wine holder to stairs pano

IMG_261020Stitch-001_zpsaypznhel.jpg

pano from the second level

IMG_261520Stitch-001_zpspfxntktu.jpg