Leaving CC on file

I can't decide if I want to leave my CC on file. I read about problems with pre-paid gratutites and having trouble getting credit on CC. Our gratituties have been pre-paid. Can you just leave cash and then get the remaining balance? Am I worried about nothing? ;)

You can opt for a cash type onboard account and then use your credit card at the end of the cruise. They don't even require cash up front, they will let you accumulate up to $500 in charges before they ask you to pay it down.

Was on the Adventure a couple weeks ago with prepaid gratuities. They never appeared on our bill. I wasn't sure if they'd show up, but then be credited or what.

We also had a small credit balance at the end of the week and it went straight back to the card with no issues. (Had some refundable and non-refundable OBC)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'd say you are worried about nothing. We have done pre-paid gratuities a few times. We always leave a credit card on file for any other expenses. We do use the Royal Caribbean Visa, so we get double points for anything spent for a RCCL cruise. A credit card on file means no need to visit Guest Services at the end of the cruise to settle the account. Guest Services can be very crowded the last day or so.

The crew gets a list of everyone who has pre-paid their gratuities so they know you aren't "stiffing" them. No gratuities show up on your account. It should show up on your Booking Invoice that gratuities are paid. I would have some paper validation (we keep the invoices, email confirmation, etc. in our computer) in case there is ever a question.

Edited by papaflamingo

You ARE worried about nothing. We have done 19 cruises with prepaid gratuities. We always use a card & have never had a problem. If you are still worried just check your account on the tv.

There is really nothing to worry about. We always have a CC on file so that we don't have to worry about it and never had any issues.

Like others have said, just check your account regularly...which you should anyway whether paying with card or cash.

Ever stayed in a motel or rented a car - now a days both require a credit card on file before you can check in to the motel or leave with the rental car. RCI is a business just like those -- can and do errors happen on occasion, sure but not very often in my experience.

putting a credit card on file sure beats standing in line on the last day of your vacation to pay the bill for a cash account. The have always delivered a paper copy of the bill before i left the ship - we generally prepay everything to include a drink package so for us it is a zero balance anyway