RCCL 20% off beverage packages

FYI . . . my particular cruise, and perhaps others on RCCL currently have a 20% off their Ultimate, Premium and Select beverage packages. Personally, I don't drink enough to make it a 'good' buy but might be worthwhile for other cruisers.

:)

The 20% off made it closer to what I would need, but I still don't think it's enough. It comes out to $388 for our 7 day cruise. At $13/cocktail, I'd need 30 drinks over the week to break even. That's just over 4 drinks a day, figure 5 a day to make up for port days. I don't drink coffee, rarely drink soda, and am not a big beer drinker.

But, a late morning drink, an early afternoon drink, one at dinner, and one at the show would be four. Add in some bottled water... crap, I'm just not sure.

Does anyone know if I get the drink package and on Day 2 (or 3) realize I'm not getting my money's worth, can I get a refund (knowing I'd then have to pay for the drinks I've gotten a la carte)?

You can get the drink package on day 2 or 3 but you will be paying the current package rate on the ship. There will not be a 20% discount.

Right. I'm wondering if you go the other way though... pre purchase the drink package (getting the 20% discount), and then "returning" the package on day 2 or 3 (and then being charged a la carte for the drinks you've had so far).

We are among those for whom it's just never been worth it, even with a discount. The biggest bar bill we've ever had on a 7 night cruise (for both of us combined) was about $420, and that included several bottles of wine at dinner. We also bring a couple of bottles of wine aboard to drink in our cabin plus we can enjoy the lounge, or our vouchers, before dinner. It seems to me that we really do drink quite a bit on cruises, but still not enough to make drink packages worth it.

So we don't ever worry about it! We just drink whatever we want, pay as we go, and then we add up all the bar charges at the end and compare to see how much we'd have lost if we'd bought drink packages!;)

Judy

I had added the ultimate package to my basket last week, but not paid for it. Using the Irish site, so the drink prices are usually inclusive of gratuities/taxes etc.

Last week it was showing as $67 per day (coming to $1,005 for 15 days).

Today there's a warning saying price updated - it's now $59 per day, + 18%, coming out as $1,044.30 for the 15 days.

I have no idea what they're doing with the pricing.

I had added the ultimate package to my basket last week, but not paid for it. Using the Irish site, so the drink prices are usually inclusive of gratuities/taxes etc.

Last week it was showing as $67 per day (coming to $1,005 for 15 days).

Today there's a warning saying price updated - it's now $59 per day, + 18%, coming out as $1,044.30 for the 15 days.

I have no idea what they're doing with the pricing.

RCCL's pricing for cruises are also crazy. When they have Canadian $'s at par, Canadians save 35%, or their 'so called' third night free, the prices always seem more than when there wasn't even any discounted rates. Just nuts!:cool: Who are they kiddin'?

I just checked and they are NOT offering the 20% discount on my upcoming sailing, but they are offering 30% off on internet packages!!

Just checked my December sailing . . . still offering the 20% discount on drinks. Different strokes for different folks.:confused: RCCL pricing at their best.:rolleyes:

Now, if they'd offer a discount on their excursions.

Edited by westerngardener
additional info