ms Westerdam & Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau, AK - July 4, 2016

Boytjie

On America's Independence Day both Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam are making their weekly appearances in Alaska's state capital .

The ships are scheduled for a 13:00/1:00 PM AKDT arrival with WEDM assigned the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock while NADM, on a weekly dock/tender swap with Celebrity Solstice, will be tendering to the Anchored Marine Park (AMP). Both ships are scheduled to depart at 22:00/10:00 PM.

The webcam is at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Also in port will be Crown Princess (11:00-22:30) going the Franklin Street (FKL) dock, as well as the aforementioned Celebrity Solstice (13:30-22:00) at the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock.

Meanwhile, John/Copper10-8 will be spending the 4th out at sea as the Veendam makes its way to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. You can follow his cruise vacation here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2374225

Peter: I really enjoyed watching the operation at Juneau today. Thanks for covering this while Copper 10/8 is enjoying the Veendam

I haven't either. In fact, most days it doesn't even pan. Maybe a new "webcam person" at the helm???

I think it was on an auto setting with nobody operating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Peter: I really enjoyed watching the operation at Juneau today. Thanks for covering this while Copper 10/8 is enjoying the Veendam

I am happy to stand in for John. :)

I have enjoyed this webcam too, maybe too much. I wonder how we well experience the Port Everglades cams next season after this? It does have it's own special things with the sail-aways and identifying groups, though.

There was so much going on Sunday. I was watching the Grand Princess' arrival and it was interesting to see that the tenders were being prepared for lowering while the ship was moving. When they were still dropping anchor, the first tender boat already appeared from behind the ship!

dqhouu.jpg

After that there were some close-up shots of the tendering operation:

29vnzaw.jpg

11972j7.jpg

A tender just returned to Nieuw Amsterdam, but there is another at the dock that doesn't look quite like one of "ours".

Panning has stopped but no zoom. I wonder if cam operator is waiting for action!

Last (?) tender heading out - it is one of ours!

Edited by Vict0riann

Looks like you had a pretty nice day in Juneau.

Thanks for the picture. That's a view we don't get!

The camera is in the blue building.

The day was amazing. Spent most of it at Tracy Arm. Got some awesome views from Robert's Tram.