No steak & lobster night?

bailey57

Prime rib? It used to be filet, or medallions (mini filet :D ) at least.

It's been prime rib and lobster on first cruise elegant night for a long time.

Edited by jimbo5544

On a 7 or 8-day sailing, prime rib is served 2 nights. We always get 2 orders of Lobstertail/shrimps on Elegant night & save the prime rib for the 2nd night it's offered.

On a 7 or 8-day sailing, prime rib is served 2 nights. We always get 2 orders of Lobstertail/shrimps on Elegant night & save the prime rib for the 2nd night it's offered.

True, that is why I said the first cruise elegant night.

That's the old menu (as in non American Table). Here are the new ones (American Table or Feast for Elegant night). I don't see brisket anywhere:

b3cc436d85a630ff5e149979dade97c5.jpg

31d21132e0f966ea4bd62bc240ce3714.jpg

It probably was short rib all along and I got it wrong. Don't like the short ribs since they taste like brisket.

Just not on the same entree. Many will just order both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me what they serve on a 4 night cruise on elegant night?

Don't remember everything. I had the scallop appetizer and the ravioli in a vodka sauce. IIRC DH had prime rib(?). I know ribs are on the menu as our waitress brought out an order for us. (We've sailed with this waitress many times. It's become a standing joke with this waitress because one time, several years ago they were icebox cold.)

Don't remember everything. I had the scallop appetizer and the ravioli in a vodka sauce. IIRC DH had prime rib(?). I know ribs are on the menu as our waitress brought out an order for us. (We've sailed with this waitress many times. It's become a standing joke with this waitress because one time, several years ago they were icebox cold.)

Thanks!

The lobster is so small now they added shrimp to the dish. But at least you can still order as many tails as you like.

I imagine that and multiple entrees will be the next cutback.

It has always been a tail from a pound to a pound and a quarter lobster. Standard size. They are not shrinking tails and they can't catch them any smaller. So that is nonsense.

It has always been served with the shrimp. Nothing has changed there in the 17 years I have been cruising with them.

Bookbug, Fl publix stores sell 3-4oz tails. Same I have always got on a CCL cruise.???

I agree. I have never been served a 1lb. tail on CCL. That's why I order 2 when ordering the lobster.

I agree. I have never been served a 1lb. tail on CCL. That's why I order 2 when ordering the lobster.

No, probably not a one pound tail (I imagine that boy was huge!) but the tail from a 1 pound lobster? Probably! They weigh around, oh, maybe 3-6 ounces.

Edited by Bookbug53