Will I lose my current perks if The price on my cruise drops?

stipmom

I am a first time Oceania cruiser and price of my cruise has gone down. I booked with an O life promotion that offered free internet, free gratuities and 4 shore excursions. On Celebrity,which I frequently travel, I could get the new price but would get whatever the current promotion is. How does Oceania work it?Thanks

it should not affect the perks but do ask before you make any changes

Unfortunately it does. If you refare using a new fare, you get the promo at the time of the new fare.

Happened to us last cruise. Lost PP Grats but got free internet. Fortunately we are O Club Silver so the delta was not much.

Unfortunately it does. If you refare using a new fare, you get the promo at the time of the new fare.

Happened to us last cruise. Lost PP Grats but got free internet. Fortunately we are O Club Silver so the delta was not much.

Thanks Paul

This fare drop & new perks is a mystery to me :eek:

I did not recall losing any perks when we got a new deal

Edited by LHT28

Thanks Paul

This fare drop & new perks is a mystery to me :eek:

I did not recall losing any perks when we got a new deal

Doesn't it depend on whether there are still rooms open in your category?

We never get to play this game because there never is in ours- :o

I am convinced there is no rhyme or reason to rebookings, price drops, etc. You really need to call (o rave your travel agent do the leg work) as there never seems to be a consistent answer and it likely depends on whether there is an opening in the cabin category, and even then, other factors seem to come into play (not that I can explain what they are!).

John

We recently saw our cruise advertised at around $930 AUD lower than what we paid, as well as a choice of four free shore excursions, a drinks package or $400 credit per suite. I asked our travel agent to ask for the same package. We were eventually offered an on board credit of $930 each which we accepted and are quite happy with. The thing that puzzles me is that these new prices and conditions are the headline on the first page when you log on to your upcoming cruise.

First are their cabins still open

Second your travel agents relation with O

third... your past relation with O as a customer

On a Sept Cruise as an example, as a 5 x cruiser, I booked a PH-1 under the Benefit of Gratuities, 5 Shore Ex's Free internet, which was good for bookings prior to Dec31. However, in mid Jan O suddenly dropped the price some $800, and opened up PH3's for another $1000 savings..

However, at that time, O had switched to O choice from O life. where you get OBC Internet or Shore Ex... pick one and no gratuities. with the $1800 reduction

My agent was able to re book me, at the new rate, retain the O life and all my benefits plus added in some more of his own !!! Since he books a lot he went to his O rep and got the deal..... and retain all my past benifits.

I dont think that it hurt me that I had 4 more cruises booked and either paid for or deposited for then the next year....

Moral, it is a combo of getting a GOOD top agent and being a loyal long term customer...if the cabin you want is available.. Its all business as to what you get. As the Karras school touts," you wont get what you deserve unless you negotiate for it"

Well, my category was sold out so I did not get the rate change on it.I just went up a category. I lost my free gratuities but stiil wound up saving over $800

Sorry about the loss of free grats....However next time book with an agent who will organized a thing called a group. He can do it for any number and can add you if he has been sharp enough to have formed a group. If no group has been created for your specific cruise, then he should be able to create one and give an immediate booking...you to that!

Because O likes to have an agent working to fill its ships and sell to a group of people, they will give the agent special things he can offer clients to book his group...Like almost always free grats, and sometimes too extra OBC and of course They turn a blind eye to the agent discounting the fare , as much as 9-10% off published discounts.... ( Just as long as the agent dosent advertise his deep cuts.) and every one is happy

So look for agents who know the ropes, know the in and outs of group formation and have the business savvy to quietly give you a price discount not available to anyone but him... and knows how to reward his clients....... Know before you book and if your agent dosent know about this....find one who does....