Luggage question

Kevin308

Is there any reason we could not carry on all of our luggage? Normally I don't think it would be worth the trouble. But we have Faster to the Fun so our room will be ready. It would be nice to be able to unpack and not have to wait on luggage.

We always carry our own luggage!

It is not an uncommon thing at all.

Just make sure you can handle it yourself!

BTW we do this on planes and in hotels too but we travel light so that we can easily do this!

Be careful though. I made sure mine was within limits before my cruise because I wanted to carry on in Miami. I got turned away. The lady wouldn't even let me through the front door with my luggage (she worked for the port, not Carnival). I pointed to sign RIGHT BEHIND her that had bag specs and told her mine were good...she didn't care. She refused to measure them or even acknowledge the sign, saying that she was told all big bags need to checked in by her boss. I asked for a manger, but it was taking forever. I ended up checking them just to get off the side of the sidewalk.

Is there any reason we could not carry on all of our luggage? Normally I don't think it would be worth the trouble. But we have Faster to the Fun so our room will be ready. It would be nice to be able to unpack and not have to wait on luggage.

It depends how big it is.

If you have FTTF, there really isn't a need to shlep your luggage on. Are you aware that early luggage delivery is part of FTTF? It should be delivered shortly after you board. The three times that we've had it, our luggage arrived within a half hour after we in our cabin.

If you have FTTF, there really isn't a need to shlep your luggage on. Are you aware that early luggage delivery is part of FTTF? It should be delivered shortly after you board. The three times that we've had it, our luggage arrived within a half hour after we in our cabin.

This experience is not universal. It is the one thing about FTTF that I have been disappointed in. The two times that we have had FTTF, our luggage arrived after others in our hallway that were not labeled as priority.

OP, I say go for it. If DH wasn't using a scooter, I would as well.

This is true and has been my experience as well. But you must make sure the porters put the bright orange sticker on. No orange sticker-no priority luggage delivery no matter what else your tags say. That's the ONLY thing they look for when sorting.

This is true and has been my experience as well. But you must make sure the porters put the bright orange sticker on. No orange sticker-no priority luggage delivery no matter what else your tags say. That's the ONLY thing they look for when sorting.

that's a really good point that I didn't consider....I have tipped my room steward to go find my luggage early, but instead of doing that, if I don't get FTTF for my next cruise, hit the porter with a $10 tip and say to him/her "can you slip and put the orange sticker on my luggage"....that may work....something to think about

Edited by First and Ten

that's a really good point that I didn't consider....I have tipped my room steward to go find my luggage early, but instead of doing that, if I don't get FTTF for my next cruise, hit the porter with a $10 tip and say to him/her "can you slip and put the orange sticker on my luggage"....that may work....something to think about

I suppose that's a possibility. Never thought of that. Unless I'm going with DH and the kids, I travel with only a true carry on sized suitcase and under seat case or tote bag so I wheel my own on and off.

Edited by firemanbobswife