Radiance Questions?

You have a connecting cabin that will have a double connecting locking "door" between you and #8518...much like you've probably seen in hotel rooms...these doors will stay double shut and locked...so no need to worry. The balcony isn't connecting in any way...the partition on each side of your balcony will go all the way to the railing.

Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
:):):) I wish I was still on board!!

Hello, "Daphne0218."

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions about the Radiance of the Seas. Sorry that we are so late in responding to your offer, but we hope that you notice our message. If not, we hope that another member who has cruised on the Radiance in 2016 will chime in.

We were aboard the ship in 2013. We are not sure, but we seem to recall that, when the Windjammer Cafe (buffet restaurant) would open for full breakfast each morning, there would be set up, in the center/approach aisle, a table or cart at which freshly-squeezed orange juice was sold. Is our memory correct about this, or has RCI stopped doing this on the Radiance (if it ever did)? If it has been stopped, do you know where we could get the fresh-squeezed juice very, very early in the morning (i.e., when, or even before, the full buffet opens)?

Thanks, in advance, for all helpful replies.

[One final try.]

I was just on radiance for her last Alaskan trip and I'm sure they did have the freshly squeezed orange juice in the windjammer in the morning. I'm not sure where else did it as I never got any myself but I did see that in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on radiance for her last Alaskan trip and I'm sure they did have the freshly squeezed orange juice in the windjammer in the morning. I'm not sure where else did it as I never got any myself but I did see that in the morning.

Thank you so very much for that helpful assistance! We are very relieved to get this news, because that kind of juice is part of a beverage package that we purchased, and we were not sure where we could find it, early in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I am glad to hear good things about the Radiance. For two years now, my husband and I have discussed going to Alaska. My kids even chose it over a trip to Hawaii. We just assumed we would sail with Disney, since our last 4 cruises were with them. But after comparing prices and itineraries, we chose a northbound cruise on Radiance in June 2017. This is our first time on any Royal Caribbean ship. We are all looking forward to the cruise. I have seen so many pictures of the ship and she looks beautiful. I can't wait!!

How did you like the cruise with the kids? We too have been previous Disney cruisers with the kiddos and did the Granduer last summer and was very disappointed. We checked out Alaska and decided to go with RCCL again in 2018. Would love to hear how your trip was!!

How did you like the cruise with the kids? We too have been previous Disney cruisers with the kiddos and did the Granduer last summer and was very disappointed. We checked out Alaska and decided to go with RCCL again in 2018. Would love to hear how your trip was!!

The OP disembarked the Radiance over a year ago. You will get more information on the Alaska boards.

We loved our Alaskan cruise on Radiance. We did the northbound from Vancouver on June 16, 2017. Here our my thoughts on how it compared to Disney. Keep in mind though, my kids are now 14 & 16.

I chose this cruise because my #1 priority was too see Alaska. Disney did not offer a great itinerary.

Radiance is a nice ship, and I would not hesitate to take another cruise on her. I did notice more wear and tear on Radiance than I have noticed on the Disney ships (I have been on Wonder & Magic) but it was minimal and I had to be really looking to notice.

We booked 2 inside staterooms and put the kids in one. It was great to have the extra bathroom, and it still cost thousands less than one stateroom on Disney. Our staterooms were extremely clean.

Disney has soda included and even though I drink soda, I didn't buy a drink package for this cruise. I really didn't miss it. There was lemonade, coffee, ice tea, hot tea, and hot cocoa available. I did buy the coffee card and thought it was worth it.

My kids did not go to the teen club. They spent their time playing miniature golf, using the pool tables, and ping pong tables. We did go to the talks given by the RCMP and my boys liked them. We also played trivia one day which was fun. Our room was close to the Centrum, so we would also stop to see what was going on in there. As for shows, we only went to 3. Two of those were the same guy, who we thought was good. Disney is going to beat Royal in the show department, but on my last cruise with Disney, we didn't go to many shows because we had already seen them. We had early seating for dinner and normally we just spent our time after dinner on deck looking at the scenery. The inside passage is beautiful. Keep in mind we are not the type of people that have to be entertained all the time. When we were in port, we were hiking and walking all day, so on the ship we relaxed.

I did request a table for 4 in the main dining room before we left, and we were accommodated. In fact they gave us a great table by the window. Food was decent, but I do like rotational dining that Disney offers. We went to Giovanni's for dinner one night and the food was amazing. All the staff on board were excellent. We had a problem with the drain in the shower, and it was fixed within an hour.

In my opinion, if my kids had been younger I might have booked with Disney. But my kids are older, we have done Disney, and I wanted to see more of Alaska. My 14 year old was actually upset when we decided not to go on Disney. On the second day of the cruise, he admitted that he really liked it. I am also a DVC member, so I obviously like Disney. They are excellent at theming, entertainment, kids programs, cleanliness, and service. That being said Radiance was a great ship that was clean and offered good service and a much better itinerary at half the cost. Only you can decide if the theming and entertainment are worth the extra cost.

On our cruise, we got within a 1/2 mile of Hubbard Glacier. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I know it is not a guarantee to see it up close, but I would take the chance again. In fact, we are hoping to book this cruise again for my older son's high school graduation.

Do the ships still happily provide those any longer? I had heard they stopped.

We have indeed had hit and miss on mattresses. The new ones on Freedom were

awful!

I asked for additional padding on my bed in our JS on Radiance last month. No egg crate. They just put an extra pad like the ones already on there. It helped, but the bad was still pretty hard. And I normally prefer a hard bed.