New to RCCL - Enchantment Questions

My husband and I are looking at booking a 4-day Bahamas cruise on Royal. We have sailed several times before, but only on Celebrity. The cruise we are looking at is on Enchantment, and we are considering an Ocean View cabin either on deck 3 or 4. We've always booked balcony cabins in the past, however for this cruise I'm having a hard time finding any, and the ones that I have found (on certain TA website) they are twice the price of the ocean view. So we're thinking we'd rather save the $$ and spend it on excursions and other things. I know this is completely a personal preference, but has anyone gone from always booking a balcony, to booking ocean view, and didn't miss the balcony? I was also wondering, for those who have been in cabins on deck 4 on Enchantment specifically, are these cabins noisy due to whats on deck 5? I would prefer to be on deck 4, but I'm worried about the noise. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

We just finished a cruise on Majesty in an OV stateroom, and we would normally have booked a balcony or JS. However, we could not justify the prices, so went in the OV. We did miss having the balcony a bit, but it turned out not to be a huge deal.

On a 4 day cruise you will be ok with an OV room. Especially for the price - think of all the money you are saving!

One time we had to cancel a 7 day cruise with a balcony room because a grandchild was due - she was born earlier than expected - and then we decided to re-book the cruise. We could only get an OV room and we survived:rolleyes: We "missed" a balcony, but so enjoyed those 7 days at sea.

Deck 4 will be fine - you will not have noise.

Enjoy your cruise!

The cruise we are looking at is on Enchantment, and we are considering an Ocean View cabin either on deck 3 or 4. I know this is completely a personal preference, but has anyone gone from always booking a balcony, to booking ocean view, and didn't miss the balcony? I was also wondering, for those who have been in cabins on deck 4 on Enchantment specifically, are these cabins noisy due to whats on deck 5? I would prefer to be on deck 4, but I'm worried about the noise. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

On Enchantment we always do OV on Deck 4. On 7 nights we never do anything but balconies. For us an OV on a short cruise is fine. We like the cabins just inside the doors from the RBar. We never hear any noise and it is great to be right by the entrance to the centrum.

My husband and I are looking at booking a 4-day Bahamas cruise on Royal. We have sailed several times before, but only on Celebrity. The cruise we are looking at is on Enchantment, and we are considering an Ocean View cabin either on deck 3 or 4. We've always booked balcony cabins in the past, however for this cruise I'm having a hard time finding any, and the ones that I have found (on certain TA website) they are twice the price of the ocean view. So we're thinking we'd rather save the $$ and spend it on excursions and other things. I know this is completely a personal preference, but has anyone gone from always booking a balcony, to booking ocean view, and didn't miss the balcony? I was also wondering, for those who have been in cabins on deck 4 on Enchantment specifically, are these cabins noisy due to whats on deck 5? I would prefer to be on deck 4, but I'm worried about the noise. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

I sometimes get an OV or even an interior, and I always *miss* the balcony, but I survive. ;)

not many levels of balconies on these older ships I am guessing is one reason for the high prices.

There are plenty of balcony cabins on the Enchantment. Perhaps you are thinking of Sovereign class ships?

I can let you know for sure in a couple of weeks when I'll be staying in my first Oceanview after only staying in Balconies and Junior Suites before, but I have no reservations about the Oceanview. As much as I like a balcony, I actually never spend much time on it. Personal preference, perhaps.

Nope, didn't mean Sovereign class.....been on Enchantment 4 times..I meant there aren't many levels of balconies compared to the newer ships. Just a thought as why such a huge price difference between OV and balcony on EoS.

2 decks with balconies compared to 4 or 5 on Radiance class I think? And seeing as both ships hold almost the same amount of passengers, there are a lot more balconies available which should mean cheaper pricing and this seems to be the case from my few cruises on both classes/ships.

Edited by monctonguy

• 2 months later...

We've done balcony cabins for many years now, with the exception of a last minute Spring Break cruise a few years ago. We booked an OV on Enchantment for December. We want to be on the ship while it's decorated for Christmas and we're treating my Grandson and a friend with a cabin so we're trying to keep the cost down. We spend less and less time on the balcony in recent years anyway. On our last cruise, the most use we got out of the balcony was to put our swimsuits out there to dry, so I think we'll be fine.

We just finished up on Enchantment on Friday. We had an OV on deck 4 (4090). Loved the location. No noise from above at all but tons from the centrum at night. We will do the same in February but near the forward stairs. I am sure that it will be quieter. Cabin was tiny but efficient with lots of storage.

For both cruises we wanted a balcony but they are not availible. We keep watching for Feb but there has been nothing and not really expecting that to change. They do seem to be very hard to get.