My biggest complaint on Majesty of the Seas

Smoking should be limited to the lower muster station deck. It has no place by the pool or the jogging tracks. There is ample space on those decks down there to smoke, and it is much less frequented on all ships. I've barely seen a soul down there at any hours when I walk. Mostly crew and smokers.

Oh god no -- then all the non smoker whiner crowd on here would be wailing about the clouds of smoke "wafting .. no, BILLOWING .. inside the ship and causing untold misery and cancer to the entire passenger population and ruining everyone's cruise .. " .. blah blah blah ...

Keep it where it is .. but yes .. RC should add tables to the other side too ... seems weird they don't have any there.

You know what. Your right. I am sorry

There are so many people that do nothing but complain. And most of the time I bite my tongue, becase I truly dont care. In this instance your post got the best of me. It's my fault. I just dont understand.

Instead of askiing someone to help you solve the problem so you could have a happy outcome ( which you consider a hassle) you would rather post a negative comment online and complain about it. I guess thats how I see it.

Typically I post when I have a specific question or when someone asks a question that I have direct first hand expereience to answer ( I think that is helpful) Cruise critic is full of people with 70k posts who constantly give the wrong information,, people who seem to relish and rejoice when a child could possibly be drowned, and those that get mad when they get their case of water taken from them even when the rules say they cant bring it on board. This used to be a great resource. Not so much anymore and it makes me sad. I guess I should have just not reponsed to your thread... it just seemed like you had so many other "suitable" options, as opposed to logging in and bashing the ship when you did not try to seek a solution. thats all

I am done with this thread. Since this is only your 2nd cruise i know it's not your fault. you are new here, and for anyone new they would think, seeing every other post is a complaint that it is only normal... For me it's sad and truly NOT helpful, I wish you many happy cruises. Nothing is ever perfect. I hope you have a great cruise

You're on vacation.

There are so many people that do nothing but complain. And most of the time I bite my tongue, becase I truly dont care. In this instance your post got the best of me. It's my fault. I just dont understand.

Instead of askiing someone to help you solve the problem so you could have a happy outcome ( which you consider a hassle) you would rather post a negative comment online and complain about it. I guess thats how I see it.

Typically I post when I have a specific question or when someone asks a question that I have direct first hand expereience to answer ( I think that is helpful) Cruise critic is full of people with 70k posts who constantly give the wrong information,, people who seem to relish and rejoice when a child could possibly be drowned, and those that get mad when they get their case of water taken from them even when the rules say they cant bring it on board. This used to be a great resource. Not so much anymore and it makes me sad. I guess I should have just not reponsed to your thread... it just seemed like you had so many other "suitable" options, as opposed to logging in and bashing the ship when you did not try to seek a solution. thats all

I am done with this thread. Since this is only your 2nd cruise i know it's not your fault. you are new here, and for anyone new they would think, seeing every other post is a complaint that it is only normal... For me it's sad and truly NOT helpful, I wish you many happy cruises. Nothing is ever perfect. I hope you have a great cruise

I appreciate the apology passive aggressive as it was. I had a great day. It's less smoke than going to a genuine blues venue or any other bar where you can experience music with some soul. Honestly I probably relate to the smokers better. They are more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, there are only 7 people with 70K posts, and I only know one that fits your descriptions. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Here is my command center for the day in smoking unfortunately.

12e585ff2e77ee153e4010f32cc7aa66.jpg

I love your "command center" idea. The family knows where to find you and you have all the creature comforts!

I love your "command center" idea. The family knows where to find you and you have all the creature comforts!

It's a proven concept. World Wars, SWAT teams, teenage girl chaperoning. Works for all.

I agree. On these 3-4 day cruises there is probably a higher percentage of smokers on board than with other demographics. It's really not too bad for me or I wouldn't sit here.

I grew up in the 60's with 2 chain smoking parents. Road trips in the winter were something else when we were forbidden to roll a window down

If you were to say there are more drinkers on a short cruise maybe, it doesn have a more 'party atmosphere' and they don't have to drive anywhere and thankfully they are not steering the ship....but I don't think there is any reason (nor factual evidence) to make the assumption that there is a higher percentage of smokers on a short cruise.

If you were to say there are more drinkers on a short cruise maybe, it doesn have a more 'party atmosphere' and they don't have to drive anywhere and thankfully they are not steering the ship....but I don't think there is any reason (nor factual evidence) to make the assumption that there is a higher percentage of smokers on a short cruise.

I think there is factual evidence that people smoke more when they drink as well as some folks only smoke when they drink. So, if there is more drinking there must be more smoking

Drinking and smoking go hand in hand. At any rate Royal made a decision to allow smoking on half of the pool deck. I seriously doubt half of the adult cruisers onboard smoke.

If you smoke by all means book this ship. They give you the best real estate at the pool and many will avoid that area giving you a less crowded situation.

Let the hotel director know you'd like some tables set up on the non-smoking side. It's a reasonable request. If you don't let them know, they don't have the opportunity to do so (although it would seem logical to set it up like that without special request).

Drinking and smoking go hand in hand. At any rate Royal made a decision to allow smoking on half of the pool deck. I seriously doubt half of the adult cruisers onboard smoke.

If you smoke by all means book this ship. They give you the best real estate at the pool and many will avoid that area giving you a less crowded situation.

I know plenty of people who drink and don't smoke (nor have ever smoked). I believe that if someone is a smoker, when they drink they may smoke more.....but that is not the same as saying their are more smokers on a short cruise, because it is a short cruise.....nor because it is a short cruise that attracts drinkers, more of them are smokers.

Let the hotel director know you'd like some tables set up on the non-smoking side. It's a reasonable request. If you don't let them know, they don't have the opportunity to do so (although it would seem logical to set it up like that without special request).

John Denton, Hotel Director on Her Majesty would love to hear more from cruisers onboard as to what he could do (and tables on the non smoking side is easy) to make the cruise better for them.

Smoking should be limited to the lower muster station deck. It has no place by the pool or the jogging tracks. There is ample space on those decks down there to smoke, and it is much less frequented on all ships. I've barely seen a soul down there at any hours when I walk. Mostly crew and smokers.

I agree with all of this.

John Denton, Hotel Director on Her Majesty would love to hear more from cruisers onboard as to what he could do (and tables on the non smoking side is easy) to make the cruise better for them.

Thanks

I appreciate the name and if I can find an email address will contact him after the cruise. Keep in mind this thread title was My Only Complaint. The staff has been great, weather is wonderful and the beer is cold.

Thanks

I appreciate the name and if I can find an email address will contact him after the cruise. Keep in mind this thread title was My Only Complaint. The staff has been great, weather is wonderful and the beer is cold.

Rather than wait until AFTER the cruise find him while you are ON the cruise....and if John Denton is perhaps on his vacation, then tell whomever is the Hotel Director at the time.....waiting until after your cruise, makes no sense.

I had a problem on my last Her Majesty cruise regarding water dispensers, which they did not have as they do on many other ships. I left a note for the Food and Beverage Manager with Guest Services and received a call from the Food and Beverage Manager and came to a happy solution.

Don't wait....

Rather than wait until AFTER the cruise find him while you are ON the cruise....and if John Denton is perhaps on his vacation, then tell whomever is the Hotel Director at the time.....waiting until after your cruise, makes no sense.

I had a problem on my last Her Majesty cruise regarding water dispensers, which they did not have as they do on many other ships. I left a note for the Food and Beverage Manager with Guest Services and received a call from the Food and Beverage Manager and came to a happy solution.

Don't wait....

I get where you are coming from but for me to seek out staff to have the pool deck reworked would detract from my vacation. If I took the time to complain in this manner and was told nothing could be done it would piss me off more.

I suppose I could have done it last night but I was busy enjoying other parts of my cruise. It's all good. I can tolerate a little smoke.

I get where you are coming from but for me to seek out staff to have the pool deck reworked would detract from my vacation. If I took the time to complain in this manner and was told nothing could be done it would piss me off more.

I suppose I could have done it last night but I was busy enjoying other parts of my cruise. It's all good. I can tolerate a little smoke.

It took less than 5 minutes to write a note and leave it at Guest Services for the Food and Beverage Manager....if it isn't important enough to spend 5 minutes doing that, in your case a note to the Hotel Manager, then it really isn't much of an issue at all, is what I surmiss.

You probably spent more time on here complaining about it, rather than trying to resolve the issue.

In my case, if I got no response, I would have taken steps when I got back.....actually I did take steps when I got back. I made sure that the VP of Food and Beverage at the Royal corporate offices knew exactly how cooperative and helpful the Food and Beverage manager was onboard.

It took less than 5 minutes to write a note and leave it at Guest Services for the Food and Beverage Manager....if it isn't important enough to spend 5 minutes doing that, in your case a note to the Hotel Manager, then it really isn't much of an issue at all, is what I surmiss.

You probably spent more time on here complaining about it, rather than trying to resolve the issue.

In my case, if I got no response, I would have taken steps when I got back.....actually I did take steps when I got back. I made sure that the VP of Food and Beverage at the Royal corporate offices knew exactly how cooperative and helpful the Food and Beverage manager was onboard.

You are right but I chose not to go that route.

By the way there are still no water stations at either pool bar on this cruise. I would think a top notch organization would incorporate positive criticism into future SOP when it makes sense.

I did not want to be the guy standing there while they unconvinced others rearranging the pool deck. My only purpose in posting this thread was a hope that the Director in charge reads this board in an effort to improve the product he is responsible for. Reading your experience and noting nothing changed be ready to complain again.