Family friendly comedy shows?

ladyaero

Hi Everyone!

I will be taking my first Princess cruise in a couple of weeks and have a question about the comedy shows. On my previous Carnival cruises there has always been one comedy show designated as an "all ages" (ie family friendly/clean) show. Is there such a thing on Princess? My son and I enjoyed taking in a comedy show together and I'd love to do that again, but want to make sure it would be reasonably age appropriate for a 15 yo. I know comedy is subjective and one person's "clean" is another person's "raunchy", but I'd appreciate feedback anyway!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I will be taking my first Princess cruise in a couple of weeks and have a question about the comedy shows. On my previous Carnival cruises there has always been one comedy show designated as an "all ages" (ie family friendly/clean) show. Is there such a thing on Princess? My son and I enjoyed taking in a comedy show together and I'd love to do that again, but want to make sure it would be reasonably age appropriate for a 15 yo. I know comedy is subjective and one person's "clean" is another person's "raunchy", but I'd appreciate feedback anyway!

Thanks!

The majority of the shows that we have seen during normal hours were for everyone.

Some comedians do a late adult only show but I have not seen that offered in quite some time. (years) :(

I was seriously underwhelmed with the comedy shows on our last Princess cruise. Hoping for better on the upcoming voyage. It was certainly not G rated...but a 15 year old probably hears more in the halls at school than on that stage. It was just bad--poor singing, not funny jokes from a semi-retired "never was" who doesn't even rate as a "has been."

Comedy shows on Princess are family friendly. (They use to have some late night shows that were adult only... but haven't seen one offered lately.)

Sometimes, there are outstanding comedians. It varies.

I think they might not be exactly R rated but they aren't exactly G rated either. There is definitely adult humor (inuendos) when I have seen a comedy show. Even some of the on board game shows can get a little adult humored. I remember our last cruise we played in one of the games on board in the evening and I noticed a young girl, maybe 12 or 13 with her parents. As the game kept going on the passengers got more reckless with their answers and the parents and young girl left.

This is a difficult one to answer as everyone's tolerance with inuendos etc is different. Personally I think you need to be careful. I must say that I have experienced a number of shows where I would feel uncomfortable having my early teenage grandaughters being there. I agree that they will hear a lot in the school grounds and also on television/movies but it is not the same as having it put to you in a show. Most performers do more than one show so maybe you could check it out then make up your mind for the second show. As I said, not an easy one. You may call me a bit of a prude but I have heard very few stand up comics that pass the test.:)

On the first day you board the ship there is a Welcome Aboard show in the Princess Theater which gives you a taste of what's to come for your sailing ... especially the guest performers which will normally include the comedian. :)

We wouldn't feel uncomfortable with a 15 yr. old. Actually we find the comedians more often gearing their jokes to the older generation with references to years ago cultural things a young person wouldn't understand or appreciate. We have seen young people leave because of boredom.

The adult game shows that begin at ten or later are another thing. Those depend on the cruisers chosen and where they go with their replies. A few post dinner drinks can loosen inhibitions. ;)

Edited by eandj

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

Yes there is .

After seven Princess cruises, seeing most of the comics, we've seen nothing nearly as raunchy as one we saw on Carnival in 2012. Just disgusting.

Princess comedians are not all great, but some are, Steve Moris and Carlos Oscar are among the best.

Jim

Comedy shows on Princess are family friendly. (They use to have some late night shows that were adult only... but haven't seen one offered lately.)

Sometimes, there are outstanding comedians. It varies.

I agree with you. I haven't seen a late night comedian in years.

Tony

The Carnival "adult" shows are usually poor jokes with swear words thrown in to make them rated XXX.

The Princess comedians will not use swear words, but some may have a few jokes with sexual innuendo.

The usually enjoyable Marriage Game (may be under a slightly different name) will definitely have Q&A that do not need the innuendo.