So we went cheap and.....Accessible Room

bohaiboy

So with the oil and gas economy in Houston the way it is, we went really cheap on this cruise as we have been to AK 4 previous times. We were assigned Room 2517 which is an accessible room with portholes. Has anyone ever had one of these rooms? I know there is not a tub as the shower is roll in, but what about the rest of the room. Is there a make up area for wife etc? I know there are two twin beds convertible to one queen. TIA

BTW, this is on the Amsterdam July 1o sailing.

This is the best of the porthole cabins and not as small as the rest. Did you book an inside guarantee?

And what makes you think this is an accessible cabin? It doesn't show that on the HAL Deck Plans.

Edited by SilvertoGold

So with the oil and gas economy in Houston the way it is, we went really cheap on this cruise as we have been to AK 4 previous times. We were assigned Room 2517 which is an accessible room with portholes. Has anyone ever had one of these rooms? I know there is not a tub as the shower is roll in, but what about the rest of the room. Is there a make up area for wife etc? I know there are two twin beds convertible to one queen. TIA

BTW, this is on the Amsterdam July 1o sailing.

This is a link for a video of cabin 2700 which is also and accessible cabin. The deck plan doesn't say your cabin is accessible tho.

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Joyously Sailing Away

Thansk all, I was mistaken about the accessible. The room rendition shows a small sofa, but the 360 view does not. Anyone know about this?

Good for you. Just get on the ship and have a good time. After all, there are so many other areas and activities on the ship that are available.

Smart move. Better than staying at home or spending more than you really want to.

Edited by iancal

Thansk all, I was mistaken about the accessible. The room rendition shows a small sofa, but the 360 view does not. Anyone know about this?

The floor plan is most likely of a Large Oceanview, not one with a porthole - look at the 360° view of one of the E category cabins.

The floor plans and 360° views are usually general representations and not of the specific cabin you may be looking at.

Edited by Boytjie

If you look at this cabin on a deck plan, it is located where the ship begins to curve forward. I suspect it has a few less square feet as well as the porthole instead of the window. I actually will be in this cabin later this summer.

If you look at this cabin on a deck plan, it is located where the ship begins to curve forward. I suspect it has a few less square feet as well as the porthole instead of the window. I actually will be in this cabin later this summer.

I know that the cabin one forward from 2517 is small, with no sofa, but just a small chair in the corner. 2517 itself should be a bit bigger.

Edited by SilvertoGold

And there are less cooties floating around vs a tub. A lot of hotels are doing away with tubs also, just nobody wants to use the nasty old things.

From past experience, accessible rooms mean that you have a roll in shower. You do give up the sofa for space to accommodate a wheelchair. The dressing table is also an item that can go away, depending on the cabin and the ship.

Prior to booking, we have found the space description and pictures very accurate.

And there are less cooties floating around vs a tub. A lot of hotels are doing away with tubs also, just nobody wants to use the nasty old things.

We had one of those lovely walk-in showers in the Fairfield in San Angelo. It was about the same size as a tub. The old Celebrity Century had walk-in showers in their concierge class.