Cabin on 24 hour hold... Advice please

beacha

Is that this October 2016? I just went on the website to try to compare it and it is no longer showing that sailing which most likely means it is sold out and you have the last room on hold. To book an Ocean View for Jun/Oct 2017 your looking at $600-800 pp on a 5 night, because those are not sold out and are pretty far in advance. Seems like since you booked late, even though October isn't soon, since the ship was pretty much sold out the rates jumped up.

In reality your spending $200-250 more pp, yes it might seem like a lot for a 5 night cruise in October, but I'm assuming you live close to Norfolk so for you to jump on something out of Florida in October it wouldn't be worth the savings.

Is that this October 2016? I just went on the website to try to compare it and it is no longer showing that sailing which most likely means it is sold out and you have the last room on hold. To book an Ocean View for Jun/Oct 2017 your looking at $600-800 pp on a 5 night, because those are not sold out and are pretty far in advance. Seems like since you booked late, even though October isn't soon, since the ship was pretty much sold out the rates jumped up.

In reality your spending $200-250 more pp, yes it might seem like a lot for a 5 night cruise in October, but I'm assuming you live close to Norfolk so for you to jump on something out of Florida in October it wouldn't be worth the savings.

Yes, we live within easy driving distance. It is such a simple excursion for us. I was just looking at Bermuda cruises from NYC and they were less expensive. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

You aren't going to find a "better deal" if you want to sail Carnival out of Norfolk this year!

If you're past final payment date, some of the cabins that TAs were holding could become available. So, if that sailing is past final payment, that may be the reason there's anything available at all. Betting they'll go quickly.

Go check the Roll Call for that sailing. Someone there might have a group booking that has something available. That's the only "shopping around" that you'll probably find.

It's a 1-time sailing, right? I've done a 6-night to Bermuda from Norfolk (Glory 2011) and went last fall on Splendor 7-nights. Prices were sky-high on Splendor and sold out quickly. I've done several 1-time sailings the past few years. If you don't jump on them quickly, you're pretty much out of luck. It's pretty simple, really: unique itinerary, 1-time sailing, high demand = sells out at high prices.

Personally, I'd never do a 5-night to Bermuda. On Glory, we were only there 1-1/2 days and that wasn't nearly enough time to see things (sailed at noon the 2nd day so no time to go exploring). Last year, we had almost 3 full days (docked Monday morning, sailed at 4 pm on Wednesday) and that still wasn't enough time.

Cruises to Bermuda are always expensive, but there are other lines that sail there all summer. If you want to sail out of Norfolk just because of the convenience, you have very few options since Carnival has very few sailings.

Micha's Grandad, it is expensive, but hubs won't sail from anywhere but Norfolk this year, and we don't want to leave our dog for 7 days. Guess we're stuck!

Bermuda is probably the best place we have been to on a cruise so have a great time.

It's crazy expensive for a 5 day but given the type of cruise it is and the circumstances it seems to be your only choice. So you just have to decide if you are willing to pay it or not. That's way too personal of a decision for us to make for you. Depends on how bad you want to go to Bermuda.

Thanks , Poobears.it is really a personal decision. I appreciate your thoughts. Darn Carnival just opened insides for $879 and now I'm thinking of switching to that. This is the part of traveling that I don't like. Decisions!

Thanks , Poobears.it is really a personal decision. I appreciate your thoughts. Darn Carnival just opened insides for $879 and now I'm thinking of switching to that. This is the part of traveling that I don't like. Decisions!

Don't switch. Keep the oceanview. A couple hundred bucks a year from now means nothing but the memory of looking out at the ocean and the overall better room will still be yours