Alcohol delivery

No liquor in the cabin is a prime reason we are exploring other lines for cruising out of Seattle. We had booked a NCL transatlantic a couple years ago (later cancelled) and were pleased to see we could buy a bottle of brandy on board (at their inflated price) for late night "nightcaps" on the balcony without the inconvenience of waiting forever for room service. RCCL has been very strict on monitoring consumption since an incident a bunch of years ago and a rumored lawsuit settlement that involved tighter controls on alcohol.

Is Celebrity policy different? We would be Platinum C&A next cruise and that transfers to X's 2nd tier.

Also saw them post about the pool problems on the Jewel the other day. Thought it was interesting.

Most of their posts are made between 3PM and 7PM Eastern. I think it's more than one person responding.

Hello there.

Unfortunately, guests aren't allowed to bring their own beverages onboard (with the exception of a beverage in hand upon boarding, and 2 bottles of wine or champagne).

Additionally, the only alcohol that can be pre-purchased for stateroom delivery is wine or champagne.

We hope this info helps!

It's funny how you can post so quickly on here, yet if one of your customers has a real issue that needs solving it typically takes you 8-12 weeks to respond to them.

Get a real job!

Hello there.

Unfortunately, guests aren't allowed to bring their own beverages onboard (with the exception of a beverage in hand upon boarding, and 2 bottles of wine or champagne).

Additionally, the only alcohol that can be pre-purchased for stateroom delivery is wine or champagne.

We hope this info helps!

Since this is an official post by Royal Caribbean International, any soon to cruise folks should print this response and bring it to the pier with their two, yes, two bottles of wine per guest.

That's the way I read it. Did anyone know that Royal changed their carry on wine policy? I sure didn't, but we all know Royal knows everything.

Enjoy your wine folks!! You've gotten the proof!!:):):)

No liquor in the cabin is a prime reason we are exploring other lines for cruising out of Seattle. We had booked a NCL transatlantic a couple years ago (later cancelled) and were pleased to see we could buy a bottle of brandy on board (at their inflated price) for late night "nightcaps" on the balcony without the inconvenience of waiting forever for room service. RCCL has been very strict on monitoring consumption since an incident a bunch of years ago and a rumored lawsuit settlement that involved tighter controls on alcohol.

Is Celebrity policy different? We would be Platinum C&A next cruise and that transfers to X's 2nd tier.

Celebrity is "worse". They still charge a corkage fee for the wine that you are permitted to bring, if you take the bottle into a dining venue. Royal Caribbean does not.

Google "rum runners."

Disclaimer: I don't use them. I don't smuggle booze. I don't carry on extra wine. I just don't care.

:)

Since this is an official post by Royal Caribbean International, any soon to cruise folks should print this response and bring it to the pier with their two, yes, two bottles of wine per guest.

That's the way I read it. Did anyone know that Royal changed their carry on wine policy? I sure didn't, but we all know Royal knows everything.

Enjoy your wine folks!! You've gotten the proof!!:):):)

I don't read it that way at all.

If you want to carry on extra wine, it has been posted many times how to do that.

I don't read it that way at all.

If you want to carry on extra wine, it has been posted many times how to do that.

We get the drink package so it's moot to us, but their post does say guests may bring on two bottles.........nothing about cabins :cool:

We get the drink package so it's moot to us, but their post does say guests may bring on two bottles.........nothing about cabins :cool:

Drink package doesn't do much good if they don't carry your preferred vino. ;)

Google "rum runners."

Had a set but they got left in MN when we moved. They worked very well. We've even considered them for buying nightcap drinks early in the day and saving them in a RR or pocket flask.

I firgit as last cruises i did the package deal. So, if i forego the Premium package what is the average price for a Heiniken or Margarita? I am just trying to figure out the 'break even' on a package vs. non-package. If it takes too many drinks to break even over 7 days the pay per drink price may be better for my wallet and liver:D. What say ye?

I firgit as last cruises i did the package deal. So, if i forego the Premium package what is the average price for a Heiniken or Margarita? I am just trying to figure out the 'break even' on a package vs. non-package. If it takes too many drinks to break even over 7 days the pay per drink price may be better for my wallet and liver:D. What say ye?

About $12 for a margarita plus gratuity. Not sure on the beer sorry. Generally if you drink 5 alcoholic drinks a day plus water or soda you would break even on the premium package. If you also like coffee, add 2 specialty coffees and a juice then you would break even on ultimate.

It can vary though, the price for the package is no longer the same on every ship or every sailing, I've seen the premium as high as $64 a day which makes the break even point different.

Here is a link to one of the 5,308,127 threads on this topic:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2340709

About $12 for a margarita plus gratuity. Not sure on the beer sorry. Generally if you drink 5 alcoholic drinks a day plus water or soda you would break even on the premium package. If you also like coffee, add 2 specialty coffees and a juice then you would break even on ultimate.

It can vary though, the price for the package is no longer the same on every ship or every sailing, I've seen the premium as high as $64 a day which makes the break even point different.

Thanks.

You can purchase a bottle of many different liquors to be waiting in your cabin. We do this on almost every cruise on Celebrity. Also comes with a box of giant cashews. This is not inexpensive $100 for a $25/30 liter of Crown Royal or Grey Goose. We like the convenience only problem is that it has to be preordered do you cant utilize OBC