When do you receive embarkation confirm email?

ColoradoCruiser88

Hello,

We will be embarking on our first Oceania cruise July 17th. From reading this forum, I was expecting that we should have received a final email confirming our boarding times, dock, etc. , but haven't received it yet.

I'm not certain if the email should come from Oceania Cruises directly, or if it's from our TA?

We have already received the beautiful blue books - thanks to the information on this board, I knew to contact Oceania and our TA to get that accomplished - THANKS!

Now I just need that email confirm.

Thanks for your help.

I would call Oceania and your TA. We received our confirmation email two weeks ago for our July 15 cruise. Just because you received the "blue book" doesn't mean it is accurate. Our embarkation dock changed in the time the booklet was sent out and the final email sent. You don't want to miss the ship. On another cruise our embarkation port changed from Tilbury to Southampton. Several missed the first couple of ports because their TA never told them and they went to the wrong place.

The final email confirmation must be a new concept. This is the first one we have received.

I would call Oceania and your TA. We received our confirmation email two weeks ago for our July 15 cruise. Just because you received the "blue book" doesn't mean it is accurate. Our embarkation dock changed in the time the booklet was sent out and the final email sent. You don't want to miss the ship. On another cruise our embarkation port changed from Tilbury to Southampton. Several missed the first couple of ports because their TA never told them and they went to the wrong place.

The final email confirmation must be a new concept. This is the first one we have received.

That is strange as they have been sending them out (they say Final Documents) for many years...

Jancruz1

That is strange as they have been sending them out (they say Final Documents) for many years...

Jancruz1

You're correct as usual Jan, but I would guestimate that about 30% of Oceania Passengers don't have a current email address registered with Oceania.

Robots make us confirm our Email Addresses on a regular basis, IMO Email verification should be a part of the Passenger Information Form (or whatever they are calling it, now), so that people are:

A) aware of the Email Address that is on file for them.

B) expecting that they will receive E final documents in addition to the printed Blue Book.

Edited by StanandJim

the subject line usually says

Important - Oceania Cruises Final Cruise Vacation Summary

Dear Guests,

We are pleased to present you with our new Final Cruise Vacation Summary for your upcoming voyage with Oceania Cruises. These new electronic documents are easy to use and there are no documents to lose. Simply open the attached document and print them.

The attached documents include all applicable information for your voyage:

• Detailed flight schedule & E-Ticket Information
  • Pre- and Post-Cruise hotel arrangements
  • Pre-purchased shore excursion information
  • Emergency contact information
  • Embarkation port information and local representative contact information

Should you have any questions about the attached document, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800.531.5658.

~Please note that this eMail address does not accept replies.~

Warmest regards,

Oceania Cruises

it has attachments with the actual documents

It looks like an invoice with some other important info ...not sure about port information

My TA also will sent me the email or at least check to make sure I got it from Oceania

Maybe check your Spam or trash folder & make sure in your Account page on Oceania site has your correct email

Your TA should also have it so they can forward it too you

I just received my "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" for a July 27 departure on July 6 - just as jancruz said. However, I received it from my TA - and my correct email address is correctly listed in the passenger information form that came in the packet. So I assume Oceania does not send the email directly to the passenger if booked by a TA.

Sounds like the OP should contact the TA - especially if they had to track down their 'blue book' as well.

We've just had the Blue Book and I hadn't registered that there was an email confirmation to come. The TA we used last year sent a lot of info by email so I don't remember the confirmation email specifically.

I'm pleased to hear this as the berth listed in the Blue Book is not the one I was expecting to sail from. You learn so much on Cruise Critic!

Everyone-

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your responses! I learn so much, especially since this is a new cruise line for us.

My husband will call our TA today - she didn't know about the blue books nor anything about a final email.

I think? I read that all you need to embark is a copy of this email and your passport?

Thanks again!

CC88

Everyone-

I think? I read that all you need to embark is a copy of this email and your passport?

Thanks again!

CC88

Or you can take the personal information pages in the Blue book pages 2-4 I think

Don't forget the credit card too you will need that at check in

Enjoy the cruise

I just received my "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" for a July 27 departure on July 6 - just as jancruz said. However, I received it from my TA - and my correct email address is correctly listed in the passenger information form that came in the packet. So I assume Oceania does not send the email directly to the passenger if booked by a TA.

not correct

I receive the emails from Oceania

It may depend on how your TA has asked for delivery to be done

Some people also do not get the Blue book sent directly to them it goes to the TA

Ours comes direct to us from Oceania

Your TA has the option of how these are delivered

+1

Our TA reached out to Oceania shortly after we started cruising with them to ensure that all correspondence (and the blue booklet) come directly to us. He does get a copy of the final cruise documents, but we do get it direct from Oceania. Makes for much smoother sailing :)

So to bring closure to my original question - we finally got the email this morning, after spending over an hour on the phone with Oceania.

Again, thanks so very much to everyone who posted their advise.

1. We had the correct email address on file with Oceania.

2. However, Oceania had sent the confirms to our TA 2 weeks ago, but she didn't forward to us, and moreover, had no clue about the summary confirm.

She left us a voicemail saying the confirm was at the printers and be mailed to us next week. Which is why we got on the phone to Oceania this morning.

3. Oceania, for whatever reason, couldn't forward the email directly to us, but instead forwarded to someone at the travel agency who forwarded to us.:mad:

When I checked the port departure terminal - of course it had changed from what it was listed in the blue book!:rolleyes:

Thanks again, everyone - saved us some grief at the port next Sunday!

So to bring closure to my original question - we finally got the email this morning, after spending over an hour on the phone with Oceania.

Again, thanks so very much to everyone who posted their advise.

1. We had the correct email address on file with Oceania.

2. However, Oceania had sent the confirms to our TA 2 weeks ago, but she didn't forward to us, and moreover, had no clue about the summary confirm. Time for a new TA me thinks

She left us a voicemail saying the confirm was at the printers and be mailed to us next week. Which is why we got on the phone to Oceania this morning.

3. Oceania, for whatever reason, couldn't forward the email directly to us, but instead forwarded to someone at the travel agency who forwarded to us.:mad:

When I checked the port departure terminal - of course it had changed from what it was listed in the blue book!:rolleyes:

Thanks again, everyone - saved us some grief at the port next Sunday!

Probably because when you use a TA they OWN the booking

but I suspect the TA can tell Oceania to send you the Blue book direct as well as the email