Princess laundramats

HazeGray

Yes, you use your cruise card to purchase tokens from the vending machine in the laundry room to use in the washer and dryer. Tokens are $3 each. Same to purchase small, one-time use boxes of detergent. Not sure on their price since I always bring a few Tide pods and my own Bounce sheets.

On our last 2 cruises, the token machine ran out and folks had to go to another floor to get tokens. We called it in, but don't know how long they take to "service" the token machine. I'm assuming you might be able to get the tokens at Passenger Services desk, but don't know for sure.

Laundry rooms gets very crowded last couple days of cruise.

I also (mostly!) bring my own detergent but when I haven't, I've been able to get 2 loads out of one of the little boxes. I do laundry mid-7 day cruise and might have 1 dark and 1 light load with both being small loads (even for 2 people). So a half a box for each of those loads is enough, at least for me.

Don't do like I have done: DH is in the cabin while I juggle the clothes bag and detergent pods and walk all the way from forward to aft on Regal Princess only to have left my card--didn't think I'd need it to get back in cabin since DH is there--and was unable to buy tokens!!

Edited by gotta cruise again

it has been a few cruises since we used he self service laundry. I have heard that you can use your cruise card. is that to get coin or can you use your card in the machines.

thanks

Cruise card it is.

I am bringing the Purex sheets that have detergent and fabric softener in one sheet! Just pop sheet in washer and then transfer to dryer. Have only seen these in US not Canada. Very convenient for travel. Weighs nothing and easily slides into suitcase pocket as a just in case... I just keep a couple in my suitcase always now. Though I hope not to touch a machine on my cruise, helpful if I need to...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am bringing the Purex sheets that have detergent and fabric softener in one sheet! Just pop sheet in washer and then transfer to dryer. Have only seen these in US not Canada. Very convenient for travel. Weighs nothing and easily slides into suitcase pocket as a just in case... I just keep a couple in my suitcase always now. Though I hope not to touch a machine on my cruise, helpful if I need to...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I use these too. I have used them for hand washing on ships that do not have laundromats as well.

Edited by iluvcruzin

it has been a few cruises since we used he self service laundry. I have heard that you can use your cruise card. is that to get coin or can you use your card in the machines.

thanks

Swipe your card, get your tokens use them to but detergent if you need to and feed the washer and dryer.

Don't do what one poor soul did.He put the detergent and clothes in a dryer.

Then once that mess was sorted,someone else came along and put wet clothing straight out of washer into dryer.

End result.

Dry clothes but very,very,itchy.

Not good that one.

Don't the machines take quarters anymore? I always have brought a roll of them, so I wouldn't need to get some on board. My last cruise on the Star, Apr. 2015 still took cash. Appreciate feedback!

I believe most if not all have been converted to tokens.

The passenger services desk usually has quarters available if needed.

Great video about the laundromat on the Grand (though most are pretty much the same fleet-wide.) It's been awhile since I've needed to use quarters on a Princess ship. Even though I can send out my laundry for free (second best Elite perk) I still do some things myself in the laundromat. (Socks have a way of disappearing when they go down to the ship's laundry.) Those little Tide Pods are easy to carry with you in your luggage and work great.

Great video.

I noticed the video showed side by side washers/dryers. We were recently on the Coral and Star. The Coral had stacked machines and the Star had side by side, so it does vary from ship to ship.

I also noticed that the minutes shown aren't exact since I set my timer and came back early only to discover that the load was already done. Maybe they're Princess' minutes which are shorter. Just kidding.

I also noticed that the minutes shown aren't exact since I set my timer and came back early only to discover that the load was already done. Maybe they're Princess' minutes which are shorter. Just kidding.

Depends if you are sailing east to west or sailing west to east. :D

The self service Washers/Dryers are a nice option for those that prefer to do their own laundry and not subject clothes to potentially very harsh commerical

laundry facilities. Were always very clean, comfortable room temps and machines in good working order on the Diamond Princess in June.

Token machines which used cruise card always worked.