Is my luggage too big to carry on?

Lindalou76

We recently purchased an extremely light suitcase with amazing spinner wheels and it is 27 " high but only 18" wide and 11" deep. It will easily fit through the scanner at the cruise port.. We are usually carryon people only but are seriously considering bringing just this suitcase and a tote bag. If we have FTTF on our Carnival ship would the elevators be less busy? We've never had FTTF before so I'm not familiar with crowd levels and honestly it has been 25 years since I've cruised!

We recently purchased an extremely light suitcase with amazing spinner wheels and it is 27 " high but only 18" wide and 11" deep. It will easily fit through the scanner at the cruise port.. We are usually carryon people only but are seriously considering bringing just this suitcase and a tote bag. If we have FTTF on our Carnival ship would the elevators be less busy? We've never had FTTF before so I'm not familiar with crowd levels and honestly it has been 25 years since I've cruised!

You will get a better answer on Carnival sub forum, but on my only Carnival cruise the lifts were very busy.

Would be helpful to share a link to your bag. Others may also like to know about a good lite weight bag also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would be helpful to share a link to your bag. Others may also like to know about a good lite weight bag also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.ebags.com/product/delsey/helium-titanium-25-spinner-trolley/283247?lastSearchTerm=delsey+helium+titanium+25"+spinner+trolley&pl=hdr_srch_as_l1

The description at the eBags website says it's 10 lb but I just weighed my almost empty bag and it was 8 lb. We literally used two fingers pushing it through the streets of Strasbourg.

Hi there

Even if the elevators were busy you will get there. You just have to be patient and eventually you will be on board.

I see you mention a "tote bag". Have you considered a back pack type, depending on your choice they can have large carrying capacity (up to what you can carry comfortably) and they allow for your hands to be free.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Aside from the "opening" on scanners there is a scan factor inside that they have to consider - that is, the field of vision for that the scanner can see.

high_image_resolution_x_ray_strong_style_color_b82220_luggage_strong_scanner_for_railway_station.jpg

But this is probably equivalent to the belt width which probably has a couple inch margin over the stated limits. Sounds like the OP's bag would be fine for fitting through as long as the operator is OK with the scan.

Edited by Sequim88