Will most shore excursions still be available if I wait to book

stipmom

Yes - great majority - if not all - excursions will be available to book onboard.

The ones that say that they have limited availability (like overland excursions, etc) you want to book early.

I have seen quite a few shore excursions sell out, and can recall at least a couple of excursions which were filled months prior to departure.

On our next cruise, I chose the OLife shore excursion option rather than the OBC because I wanted 2 specific shore excursions. I was unable to book independent tours for these, and expected that they would sell out prior to departure (in part because I couldn't book independent tours...) and I wanted to book well in advance.

It may depend on the port & the availability to DIY

If the excursion involves a flight or VISA (Russia) you might want to book early if it someplace/something you really would like to do/see

You could always book then when onboard see if you can cancel & rebook to use an OBC up

sometimes it works sometimes not

• 2 weeks later...
When are the online bookings available for a cruise? I can look at my options but can't seem to bok yet. We sail November 2nd.

Thanks!

Odd! I booked my Nov 1, 2016 excursions last November. I assume you logged into your account, using My Account (on the black nav bar, extreme right, just above email a friend). Then click on Manage this booking - in the top right of the beige box. Click on Shop for Shore excursions (blue).

Edited by Tansy Mews

When I go under Manage My Cruise and look for excursions, I get the message "Due to Excursion Restrictions, You can not shop at this time. My cruise is April 2017. This is my 1st 'O' cruise so don't know what to expect.

I would like to sign up for a Culinary class too, but when I click on that tab, nothing happens at all. Same for the Air Deviation tab.

It there a specific number of days before the cruise when these tabs start working?

When I go under Manage My Cruise and look for excursions, I get the message "Due to Excursion Restrictions, You can not shop at this time. My cruise is April 2017. This is my 1st 'O' cruise so don't know what to expect.

I would like to sign up for a Culinary class too, but when I click on that tab, nothing happens at all. Same for the Air Deviation tab.

It there a specific number of days before the cruise when these tabs start working?

It might just be too early for the shore excursions to be posted sometimes it can be 6 mths out before they show up

Cooking classes try about 9mths out

The air deviation you need to wait until 270 days from the sailing date but best to talk with your TA if you used one or Oceania air dept if not

When are the online bookings available for a cruise? I can look at my options but can't seem to bok yet. We sail November 2nd.

Thanks!

Under My Account does the cruise show up when you log in?

If not you may have to enter your booking number & date of sailing then it should show up

What are you trying to book?

Since the O Life program offers free shore excursions, which must be booked at least 14 days in advance of sailing, I would think that many of the ship's more popular excursions would be full and not available if you wait until after embarkation. Also, if you are participating in the O Life program, no excursion would not be free if booked on board.

Since the O Life program offers free shore excursions, which must be booked at least 14 days in advance of sailing, I would think that many of the ship's more popular excursions would be full and not available if you wait until after embarkation. Also, if you are participating in the O Life program, no excursion would not be free if booked on board.

So you're saying that if you have the O Life excursions you MUST book them in advance, otherwise you pay for them? I've never seen that talked about here, but this is the first I've ever heard that. I'll have to run that by she who knows all(not my wife, my TA)

I always thought they held a few back for people that didn't book them all in advance.

Here is what the website says.

Terms and Conditions OLife Choice

*Standard terms apply. View complete terms and conditions in addition: OLife Choice offer expires on 9/30/16. OLife Choice amenities are per stateroom, based on double occupancy and subject to change. Free Internet is one per stateroom; Owner’s, Vista & Oceania Suites receive access for two devices per suite. OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Choice, Oceania Exclusive and Executive Collection. Voyages up to 9 days receive 6 free shore excursions; 10-12 days receive 8 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 10 free shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing. OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity and amenity must be chosen by final payment. Not all promotions are combinable.

Edited by phillygirl63

Yes, agree with the above. We recently booked our OLife excursions for a cruise leaving late in August. I hadn't noticed the condition, but our agent had reminded me that they definitely needed to be booked at least 14 days prior to sailing.