Aqua class

Randolphkay

Although all veranda cabins are the same size and configurations (bed alternating between being closer to the bath and closer to the balcony), your bathroom has some special features. The mirror has a large oval portion that is heated from behind so that it will not steam up. The shower features a vertical bar of adjustable jets that can be very relaxing. It can also be hard to figure out, but ask your cabin steward for pointers if necessary. You'll also receive spa slippers, lip balm, and a white drawstring mesh bag in addition to amenities that the other cabins receive. You'll have a plate of fruit and a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin on embarkation.

You can expect a card in your stateroom on embarkation letting you know that your assigned dining room is Blu. There will be a suggested dining time for that first night, but that is not an assignment. All dining in Blu is open dining - you'll be seated as you arrive. No reservations are accepted. You can also eat breakfast in Blu, but you need to check the daily the night before for hours. There's a short window for breakfast seating. Blu is closed for lunch.

We love Aqua Class.

We love Aqua as well, if only for Blu.

The mirror is nice, but I've found the shower to be, meh. Water goes everywhere and the nozzles aren't in places where I need them (back/shoulders).

The fruit plate is just apples - anyone can get fruit in the buffet and bring it back. The afternoon canapés are....meh. We tell the steward to not deliver them. The daily "tea" is -ok - more like lightly flavored water.....but it is refreshing after a hot day.

If you want, you can bring the sparkling wine to the dining room and you get a credit toward a bottle of your choosing. I think it's value is $35 or thereabouts.

We DO like that you have access to the Persian Gardens. Not something that I would pay for, but the showers in there are really nice. The S-class ships have huge windows, the M-class ships have the Persian Gardens in the middle of the ship, so they are pretty dark. It is a nice way to spend a few hours on a sea day.

In addition to the mesh bag, we've always gotten a nice tote bag. We have a collection now!!

Then, there is Blu!! OMG! The food is great (yes, great is subjective, but we really enjoy the food). We always find that the wait staff is outstanding. Since we normally sail with a rather large group, we arrive early and get the same table each night. Our waitstaff knew our preferences the second night and were ready for us when we arrived. This sailing, we will only have 4 in our group. It will be interesting to see how a small group compares to our larger group. They always have a "standard" menu with steak/chicken, but I would recommend you try some of the delicious foods that are offered each day. Also, do NOT miss breakfast!! Very yummy foods!

There is no doubt you will enjoy Aqua. Word of warning tho.....it will spoil you!!!!!

We will be in Aqua class on Solstice in September going to Hawai'i. We prefer Aqua class and Blu over MDR or Luminae for suites. Avoid going to Blu from 6:15 to 7:15 when it is busiest. Breakfast in Blu is a pampered experience. For both breakfast and dinner you can ask for items not on the menu and most of the time you will get them. Tables in Blu tend to be close together but you can be private or chat with the couple next to you as you please. Some people don't like the afternoon savories or infused teas in Aqua staterooms. We like them! If you don't want them, just tell your steward and he won't bring them again. Get to know your steward well. He can do some of things a butler would do in a suite, just ask.

We are hooked on Aqua class. Often we can get Aqua for just a few dollars a day more than Concierge or Veranda and it is worth every centavo!

Edited by El Crucero

We have always asked our cabin steward to exchange the sparkling wine for red or white. So far, they have been able to do that, BUT it is always a big deal. They aren't sure they can do it; it may take a couple of days, etc.

Have you made the switch in Blu?

I'm happy to hear that we may be better able to make the switch in the dining room.

Most of us love Aqua Class for Blu - it is what got us hooked on AQ years ago.

The ambiance in Blu is much quieter and less rushed than the MDR and food is delicious - see for yourself...

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

We will be experiencing Blu for the first time in June too. What happens if (since no reservations are permitted) DH and I arrive and it's full? Do we just wait? 30 minutes? An hour? [emoji15][emoji33] I would want to stay but he wouldn't wait that long. Has anyone experienced anything like this???

Seadancer

We sailed Silhouette, with Blu last August in the Baltic. Dined prime time most nights with 2, and were only asked to wait once in 12 nights. They offered to seat us at large shared table or wait. We took a beeper, and went to the lounge for a drink. We were seated for dinner within 15-20 min. DH is a picky eater, nothing to exotic. The Blu staff was fantastic at meeting his needs.

Seadancer

We sailed Silhouette, with Blu last August in the Baltic. Dined prime time most nights with 2, and were only asked to wait once in 12 nights. They offered to seat us at large shared table or wait. We took a beeper, and went to the lounge for a drink. We were seated for dinner within 15-20 min. DH is a picky eater, nothing to exotic. The Blu staff was fantastic at meeting his needs.

Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!

We never had to wait for a table in blu on our March cruise. We usually went to the first show, which finished by about 7:45 and then ate at 8 PM. On our last night, we ate at Tuscan Grille, and were actually disappointed that we did not eat in blu. I only went there for breakfast a couple times, because we tend not to be early risers on a cruise. It was very nice, and the breakfast items were delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed all of our meals that we had there. We were also on the Silhouette.

We will be experiencing Blu for the first time in June too. What happens if (since no reservations are permitted) DH and I arrive and it's full? Do we just wait? 30 minutes? An hour? [emoji15][emoji33] I would want to stay but he wouldn't wait that long. Has anyone experienced anything like this???

Blu is rarely "full." If it is busy you probably won't get a table for 2 by a window. You may be asked if you would like to share a larger table in the middle of the room. It is your decision whether you want to wait for a table for 2 or not. Your wait might be 15 minutes at most. Again, avoid the 6:15 to 7:15 time slot if you just want to just walk right in and get a table of your choice. That's what we do and we have never had to wait.

The ambiance in Blu is much quieter and less rushed than the MDR and food is delicious - see for yourself...

Thanks for posting this treat ! Totally amazing video...better than anything X has done on BLU..

.we love BLU and can't wait for our Oct cruise to try many of our favs...we don't mind the same menus and hope there will be a few surprises

Btw what was that oyster/clam dish?

Thanks for posting this treat ! Totally amazing video...better than anything X has done on BLU..

.we love BLU and can't wait for our Oct cruise to try many of our favs...we don't mind the same menus and hope there will be a few surprises

Btw what was that oyster/clam dish?

The one shown as a thumbnail is the Seafood Nage.

If you like the pictures please check out our reviews by clicking on the links in my signature.

Edited by Miaminice

We have been Aqua class on all 5 of out Celebrity cruises and love Blu. Unfortunately on our next cruise Aqua is $600 more than a veranda. We can't justify the extra expense and will do a specialty package for some of the nights. I hope you enjoy Blu!

We have been in Aqua staterooms on both M- and S-class ships. And at times we have been given a beeper to wait for a table in Blu. But the wait has never been longer than 15 minutes and generally much shorter.

We never had a beeper in BLU...although we tend to eat dinner early...

hope they are only admitting suite guests based on seating availability....seems to me while

some suite guests love Luminae, quite a few prefer BLU.....at one point suite guests were given preference by a certain Concierge on Reflection (he allegedly walked them in en masse)...but the policy was clarified before we sailed Ref, that suite guests are to be given res if space is available. We had no issues on that or any other ship,.,.it is not a large venue and could be easily overwhelmed

our first cruise on the soltise and we are going aqua class. Excited but not sure want to expect. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

You will also enjoy acess to the Persian Gardens, Relaxation Room, get upgraded room svc menus (i think), priority boarding for what it's worth, special shower head, herbal teas (meh)

Also AQ class only allows 2 per rm so usually nice quiet hallways!

you will no longer get daily botted water...just welcome water btl

The full amenities list is on the website...

The full amenities list is on the website...

You should not say that... :)

Look at the website. Half of the AQ perks are missing - no welcome bottle of sparkling, no canapes, no fruit, no extra points... and yet we all know they are still there.

As much as we like X, the website not so much ;)

Sorry advice to check the website was bad,...at one point there was a complete list and a reference to AQ getting all perks of concierge class plus the enumerated items....guess no more

currently Concierge Class gets an embarkation lunch in mdr...but AQ does not.

currently Concierge Class gets an embarkation lunch in mdr...but AQ does not.

Which is correct. However, with the exception of the embarkation day lunch in MDR, AQ has all the perks listed under Concierge PLUS the ones listed under AQ. It is just not mentioned any more...

If I didn´t know better or if I was a newbie I´d look at the AQ perks and think :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wow that really looks amazing. Really makes excited about booking Aqua. Thank you for posting.