Thinking of Upgrading to aurora from Fantastice

nikkiw60

More for Less is Allegrissimo - just a different name for the US market so rest assured you'll have a comprehensive range of drinks to choose from - not to mention the included gelato ;) The asterisked items are included in the Premium package.

Great thanks! MSC prices are approx 50% cheaper than RCI!:eek:

Mike ... We prefer the size of the Musical class ships to the Divina, the theatres on them are much better in style compared to the blandness of the Divina, we also like the lonuges midship on them.

Bea ... I asked MSC about moving our booking of our Aft suite on Seaside to the T.A and they said we could if we decided to, so it is bookable but for some reason not on the website.

Well, our TA has just heard back from MSC and they have quoted an extra £600 each to upgrade so we will be sticking to our original reservation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's highly unlikely that they're sold out. MSC has a policy of restricting the sale of itineraries to certain regions. It's most likely that they're marketing those particular cruises in Europe. For example, the Seaside inaugural from Europe to her homeport of Miami is not available to book on the UK website or in Ireland. What dates are you looking at? Perhaps someone could check their region's MSC site for you? I can't book MSC online here. I have to call or go through a TA so I couldn't run a dummy booking to see what's available, sorry.

Hi, thanks. That's interesting.

We are looking at July 2017. The Iceland cruise maybe (7/19 Preziosa). I was able to check the UK and Spain websites and it seems to show the same cabins.

Bea ... I asked MSC about moving our booking of our Aft suite on Seaside to the T.A and they said we could if we decided to, so it is bookable but for some reason not on the website.

Same thing with Divina returning to Miami last year - it wasn't on the Ireland website but a few TAs marketed it at sale prices which was how I ended up doing it.

Do you think you'll jump? After booking Meraviglia for what was to be the inaugural as soon as it opened and since finding out that the Cirque de Soleil won't be up and running 'til July, I'd be hesitant in trying out a new ship 'til it's done a few sailings so the Seaside TA isn't on my radar. But I can understand how attractive it is. I also see how excited you are about it so I'd say "Go for it"! Though I imagine the price will be steep :eek:

It would be good but sadly we cannot make it because my other half cannot get the time off from work, once again I have had it added to our existing booking that we do not wish to be upgraded from our Aurea Aft cabin.

It would be good but sadly we cannot make it because my other half cannot get the time off from work, once again I have had it added to our existing booking that we do not wish to be upgraded from our Aurea Aft cabin.

I read somewhere that someone was "upgraded" and the pax was very angry about it. I painstakingly chose our cabin and do not want to be upgraded either. Is there somewhere on the website, or do I have to call them and tell them...NO upgrades?

I read somewhere that someone was "upgraded" and the pax was very angry about it. I painstakingly chose our cabin and do not want to be upgraded either. Is there somewhere on the website, or do I have to call them and tell them...NO upgrades?

Usually you're upgraded if you've booked a guarantee. However, in certain circumstances, which people can only surmise about the reasons, the cruise line will change you to another location. I don't think it's very common but, anecdotally, it seems it does happen. Especially if you've been allocated one of the larger, wheelchair-friendly ones, or a cabin that can hold more people than are booked into your one and they need it to accommodate someone in need of that space. I wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you - I haven't experienced it to date nor have I ever met anyone onboard who'd complained (or rejoiced, depending on outlook) about it happening to them. The one caveat is that it does state in the T&Cs that it's possible and you book your cruise under those conditions.

We would lose our deposit. So not worth it. The cabin we already have is nice I requested it based on where we were last time so it's not a major thing just would have been nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app