Chocolates on Dream

ekajun1957

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they sell Carnival labelled little chocolates in the shops on the Dream? Going in December and thought would try to buy the chocolates and give to our steward to put on pillows each night for our group. Just an idea.

• 1 month later...

I am sure I will get sh** for this. But I think it is crappy that they stopped putting chocolates on the pillows. They stated that it was because the chocolates melted. I have been cruising for over 25 years and there was never a problem before. I am sure in the mass quantities that they buy them that it wasn't a huge expense per cabin. I didn't even eat them because I don't like milk chocolate. However, it was a nice touch...lol.

I am sure I will get sh** for this. But I think it is crappy that they stopped putting chocolates on the pillows. They stated that it was because the chocolates melted. I have been cruising for over 25 years and there was never a problem before. I am sure in the mass quantities that they buy them that it wasn't a huge expense per cabin. I didn't even eat them because I don't like milk chocolate. However, it was a nice touch...lol.

We miss them and they never melted. Just found a way to save a few bucks and took it.

So - another "I didn't eat them but I thought it was a nice touch."

I'd like my sheets made of pure golden thread. I won't sleep on them but I think it would be a nice touch.

Technically, they weren't placed on the pillows - they were placed with the FunTimes and towel animal, in the center of the bed, or sometimes near the foot of the bed. And technically, they weren't chocolates, either. More like "chocolate flavoured candies".:rolleyes: Of course it wasn't about melting, it was simply another cutback to save money. Not trying to give you any "s***", just being a stickler for facts.;):p

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 100% accept I DID eat them! They were great. A sign of the line going downhill due to insane cutbacks I wonder? I never saw one melt. If it wasn't about cost they could have put them on Lido or have them come with dessert in the MDR. This is totally cost-cutting nonsense.

So - another "I didn't eat them but I thought it was a nice touch."

I'd like my sheets made of pure golden thread. I won't sleep on them but I think it would be a nice touch.

My children ate them before I even got in the room...so I was not wasting them.

I always loved the chocolates at bedtime. We are simply packing a box of Andes Mint chocolates and going to put our own out each night. Problem solved.

It was a very nice touch but I do understand the reasoning for them stopping it as a whole. It does save money both on the chocolates thrown away and, if they were having trouble with melting (perhaps the issue was melting before they ever got to the room).

I would think it would be fun to make your own labels and wrap your own chocolates at home for the trip. You could personalize them that way.

They'd taste better too!

The ones they used to provide tasted like chocolate flavored wax :eek: and I never saw one melt.

Edited by VASOXFANN

Technically, they weren't placed on the pillows - they were placed with the FunTimes and towel animal, in the center of the bed, or sometimes near the foot of the bed. And technically, they weren't chocolates, either. More like "chocolate flavoured candies".:rolleyes: Of course it wasn't about melting, it was simply another cutback to save money. Not trying to give you any "s***", just being a stickler for facts.;):p

Like the slices of "cheese product" that fast food restaurants now charge 60 cents to put on their burgers. It's not cheese :eek: and it used to be free! :rolleyes: