Drink package - by the day

Sorry for yet another drink package question. We will be on Explorer at the end of August, sailing to Alaska. I am wondering if it is possible to by a drink package per day instead of all 7 days?

No per day sales.

You can purchase for a partial cruise onboard, but it must be for at least 4 days, and it has to last until the end of the cruise.

Edited by clarea

They will usually offer a 10 drink card for $79.00 plus gratuity, so it comes out to a little over $100.00, but I don't think they offer it until later in the cruise.

Maybe day 4 or 5?

I would not use the word "usually" either to apply to the existence of such a card or its price.

On grandeur in feb they allowed us to buy a drink package per day. I think it was day 4 or so. You could buy it for day 4 then skip a day or two and buy it on another day if you wanted.

The bars were pretty empty the whole cruise. I believe the food and beverage manager needed it to help with the poor salea.

Sorry for yet another drink package question. We will be on Explorer at the end of August, sailing to Alaska. I am wondering if it is possible to by a drink package per day instead of all 7 days?

nope. you must book for the duration and there must be at least 4 days left on the cruise.

MAYBE on the last couple of days they will sell a drink card for a flat rate that gets you like 10 drinks. it will have a very slight discount on the average price of a drink.

On grandeur in feb they allowed us to buy a drink package per day. I think it was day 4 or so. You could buy it for day 4 then skip a day or two and buy it on another day if you wanted.

The bars were pretty empty the whole cruise. I believe the food and beverage manager needed it to help with the poor salea.

Sounds like they were offering something special to get people drinking. On a recent 11 night cruise they were still trying to sell drink packages on day 10 with 2 days left.

Can't answer for the Alaska route what they will do

I have never ever seen or heard of this before.

Maybe there was a WCTU convention on board? ;)

Only happened on the grandeur this past feb 9 day sailing. Have never seen this offered before or after that sailing.

Believe me i was shocked. I just bought one day at about 6pm. Made good use of the one day premium drink package for 2 dinner seatings and a sea day of drinking.