Does Carnival still go to Tulum?

MikeNKim

We went there with Carnival many years ago and now my niece and her husband are going to Cozumel and we recommended Tulum but doesn't appear to be a listed excursion anyone know?

Or recommend a private tour company that will go?

Thank you

Kim

We went there with Carnival many years ago and now my niece and her husband are going to Cozumel and we recommended Tulum but doesn't appear to be a listed excursion anyone know?

Or recommend a private tour company that will go?

Thank you

Kim

Don't know where you heard that Tulum is a No go.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-to/caribbean-cruises/cozumel-cruises.aspx

Tulum with lunch is still listed, there may be others on Carnival, esp. now that they are promoting the Coz Plus.

Thank you

No didn't hear it anywhere. When I look at the avail excursions for our

Cruise it isn't listed. We don't go till Feb so maybe it will still show up

Just happy to see it is still offered

Thank you

Take the ferry to the mainland, walk to nearby bus station, take the bus to Tulum. Very simple and about 1/10th of the cost you pay for the ship excursion. I have personally done this twice. Lots of reviews from others who did the same. Tulum is very interesting to see. Have fun.

Take the ferry to the mainland, walk to nearby bus station, take the bus to Tulum. Very simple and about 1/10th of the cost you pay for the ship excursion. I have personally done this twice. Lots of reviews from others who did the same. Tulum is very interesting to see. Have fun.

Didnt realized there was a bus to Tulum. Didnt like it that cruise line tour dropped us at a gift shop for an hour. pure waste of time.

We did this on a land vacation we took to Cozumel except we took a collectivo instead of the bus. So it was also interesting getting there. :) it was nice to have unlimited time and we got to spend an hour or so at the beach after touring the ruins.

I have a Tulum and Beach Club with Lunch excursion booked (through Carnival) right now for our cruise at the end of this month. This was the only Carnival excursion I booked because I was just a tad nervous about going that far away from the ship without the guarantee. All our other port stops have things booked though locals that have tons of great reviews here at Cruise Critic and elsewhere.

I booked this cruise in March and there were already several Tulum excursions listed but that was only 4 months out so at 6 months away they may still be getting things together (however that works). (I swear there are more now than when I first looked so it is certainly possible they add things as time marches on)

I'd say check again in a few weeks. Best wishes on their cruise!

We went to Tulum last year - this is one we would only book through Carnival because it is a whirlwind and I think maybe we were the last people back on the ship. I would guess it is still offered - if you go there is a place named Frosty's where the buses park ... great beer and tacos.

I agree, only book this thru Carnival. With the ferry ride and the bus ride it's a long day and a long ways from the ship. When we did it we were late getting back and the ship was waiting for us to arrive and pulled up the gangway once all of us were back on board.

Didnt realized there was a bus to Tulum. Didnt like it that cruise line tour dropped us at a gift shop for an hour. pure waste of time.

Just a money grab by Carnival. Didn't like they parked the buses so we had to run the "gauntlet" of shops and everyone selling the same Tshirts, cigars and trinkets either. Tulum was great though.

Thank you

No didn't hear it anywhere. When I look at the avail excursions for our

Cruise it isn't listed. We don't go till Feb so maybe it will still show up

Just happy to see it is still offered

Thank you

Carnival has contracts with the vendors that provide the tours. The current contract only extends through a certain date. If your cruise is past that date, then they can't list the excursion until they renew the contract. If you want an estimate as to when a particular excursion might be listed, you can try emailing shoreexcursions@carnival.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12