Earliest time off the ship in Athens (Piraeus)

macandlucy

Our ship says it arrives in Piraeus at 4:00 am, and I am wondering what is the earliest time we could reasonably expect to debark the ship. We will carry our own luggage/do the self debark (not sure what Princess calls it -- but the one where you don't put your bags out the night before).

I am trying to arrange for a taxi to meet us at the port, and I was wondering if 7:00 am would be reasonable, or is that too early? TIA :)

Our ship says it arrives in Piraeus at 4:00 am, and I am wondering what is the earliest time we could reasonably expect to debark the ship. We will carry our own luggage/do the self debark (not sure what Princess calls it -- but the one where you don't put your bags out the night before).

I am trying to arrange for a taxi to meet us at the port, and I was wondering if 7:00 am would be reasonable, or is that too early? TIA :)

You should be ok. We just got off Sat. We had the middle time at 8:25. We just had to find our luggage and walk out the door. No customs.

I am looking for our disembarkment paper to find the times.

It was super easy...

Arranging a taxi is fine but not really necessary. There were over fifty lined up virtually as soon as they opened the doors for disembarkation and the line kept getting longer as we watched

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the replies everyone :) I feel relieved to know that a 7 am is possible.

We are heading to the airport that day and I was hoping to get an English speaking taxi driver to take us first to the Acropolis, wait for us and then head to the airport. I was looking into booking ahead and was quoted 125 Euros for that -- don't know of that's reasonable or not.

I have read taxis should be about 55 euros to the airport and about 40 euros from the Acropolis to the airport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to find a waiting taxi at the Acropolis. Googling that provides no info at all. Does anyone happen to know? TIA

Thanks so much for the replies everyone :) I feel relieved to know that a 7 am is possible.

We are heading to the airport that day and I was hoping to get an English speaking taxi driver to take us first to the Acropolis, wait for us and then head to the airport. I was looking into booking ahead and was quoted 125 Euros for that -- don't know of that's reasonable or not.

I have read taxis should be about 55 euros to the airport and about 40 euros from the Acropolis to the airport, but I have no idea how difficult it is to find a waiting taxi at the Acropolis. Googling that provides no info at all. Does anyone happen to know? TIA

As stated there are many taxi's right outside the entrance to the terminal.

You may be able to work a deal with one of them. They are desperate for work. Just make sure you decide on a price before getting in and don't pay until you arrive at the airport.

125e seems a little steep.

Its only $20 from the terminal to the Plaka (shopping area) area where you can walk to the Acropolis so it should be the same if they drive nearby the entrance.

As stated there are many taxi's right outside the entrance to the terminal.

You may be able to work a deal with one of them. They are desperate for work. Just make sure you decide on a price before getting in and don't pay until you arrive at the airport.

125e seems a little steep.

Its only $20 from the terminal to the Plaka (shopping area) area where you can walk to the Acropolis so it should be the same if they drive nearby the entrance.

Seems reasonable when you consider the cab will have to wait (with the OP's luggage) for an unknown amount of time while the OP tours the Acropolis.

We came off the royal in Athens last week, there were loads of taxis at the Acropolis but I'm not sure if they were pre-booked. Get tickets for the Acropolis beforehand online if you can as the queue to get tickets was an hour long .

I got of the ship as earliest as possible and when straight to the Acropolis, I think we got there about 8 am and brought our tickets the ones that get you into multiple sites. There wasn't any lines. However, as we were exiting the site tons of people were coming up.