So sad

stoneharborlady

I have kept my empty Princess lotion bottles, just to open them every now and then to ... inhale.

To me, the lingering scent reminds me of the "essence" of Princess cruising. I think they gave up a very effective marketing tool because every time I smell it I think of some pretty great times at sea!

So true, in general I hate the scent of eucalyptus but loved the scent when it came to using the Princess Lotus Spa lotion and conditioner. I even let Princess know long before it was discontinued that using them at home made me think about planning my next cruise.

My last cruise was my first as Elite and there were no old style toiletries provided, just the little tube of lotion (not the same consistency or smell) and dispensers of gel and shampoo/conditioner.

Jackie

My last cruise was my first as Elite and there were no old style toiletries provided, just the little tube of lotion (not the same consistency or smell) and dispensers of gel and shampoo/conditioner.

Jackie

I would be willing to bet that Princess has saved a lot of money by installing those dispensers. I think I have only read of one or two people who actually use them. It would seem that most now pack their own toiletries rather than use that "stuff".

I don't ever use the stuff in the pump bottles in the shower but, then again, I always take my own stuff as I'm allergic to almost all perfumes and, for some bizarre reason, manufacturers seem to think that everything needs some sort of added scent.

The shower dispenser stuff is useless. May as well remove it altogether.

Agree. The shampoo and conditioner that's provided in the HAL dispensers are actually decent (IMHO), what's provided by Princess is horrible.

You just have to become Elite... they still give out that lotion in the Elite toiletry goodie basket. :)

Looking forward to the Elite goodies. Our cruise in 48 days is our Elite qualifier.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I would be willing to bet that Princess has saved a lot of money by installing those dispensers. I think I have only read of one or two people who actually use them. It would seem that most now pack their own toiletries rather than use that "stuff".

Which saves Princess even more $$$.

Looking forward to the Elite goodies. Our cruise in 48 days is our Elite qualifier.....

Bob

We get our Elite in October and have been looking forward to the perks as well! It takes so little to make me happy at times! Someone else doing the laundry is high on my list! Our favorite place is still on a ship, even if it means taking our own extras! Now that I am "old", I try to make the best of things rather than wasting time and energy being unhappy:);):).

With so many passengers obviously stealing the complementary lotions and potions to take home it's no wonder Princess decided to go with perhaps a cheaper option. Passengers have only themselves to blame!

Stealing the complimentary lotions? What is left in your room to use is YOURS to take home if you do not use them all. I would think that once they left them in your room, they cannot take them back anyway.

No different than the shampoo and little bar of soap left in your room at a hotel, they cannot leave them for the next guest, what you dont use is yours to take home.

Edited by stoneharborlady

It is true that they are supposed to dispose any bottles which are unused as someone may have opened it or put something else in the bottle.

I would think health laws would demand that. They would be leaving themselves wide open for trouble otherwise.

With so many passengers obviously stealing the complementary lotions and potions to take home it's no wonder Princess decided to go with perhaps a cheaper option. Passengers have only themselves to blame!

It's not stealing...they couldn't reuse the products anyway once they are given to passengers. From my experience, when you arrived on the ship, you had a bottle of shampoo, lotion, and two bars of soap in your cabin bathroom. After a day or two, several bottles, more soap would appear to hopefully last you the whole trip (at least on a 7 day). I can imagine that adds up, especially if some passengers removed the bottles from the bathroom early in the cruise so they would receive even more. If you stay in a hotel more than one night, they tend to do the same thing.

Edited by akeasley

Huh? I'm not sure how "I miss the eucalyptus products" translates to "passengers steal."

What planet are you from? Just wondering.

Yikes! Taking samples that are already in your room isn't stealing as it's included in your stateroom. Now, if I see passengers stuffing their bags from the housekeeper's cart... then we have a different story! Let's not confuse the two :)

I have a couple of bottles of the lotion left and use it sparingly.. the scent totally takes me away to a cruise ship!! This thread made me laugh knowing that I am not alone.. my DH thinks I am crazy cause when I put it on, I will ask him if the smell makes him happy.

Just used the very last of my eucalyptus body lotion from my last cruise. It was more than three years old, but still smelled good, and smelled like Princess to me. I will really miss it now that its gone, and cannot be replaced. Funny how we associate "things".

I used to love that scent but I can't handle it anymore due to its overwhelming smell. My husband still uses it sometimes.

We have plenty bars of soap left. I should sell it to the highest bidder lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know how I handle stuff like that?

When I'm on a vacation I tend to use a same product every day, typically a shampoo/soap that I don't/haven't used at home. Then when I am home I get said shampoo/soap and use that on the days I'm feeling melancholy.

That way I'm not stuck on something I can only get from the cruise line.

Really helps/works.

Just used the very last of my eucalyptus body lotion from my last cruise. It was more than three years old, but still smelled good, and smelled like Princess to me. I will really miss it now that its gone, and cannot be replaced. Funny how we associate "things".

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I actually still have a bit left. My friend who introduced me to cruising in 2009 actually passed away a few years later. That smell makes me think of how much I love cruising and reminds me of my first cruise that was on princess. Does anyone know who the manufacturer was of it? I read elemis..but whats the product number, or is it just something similar?

HI Stoneharborlady - if you send me an email at nancymax5@yahoo.com I will send you my bottles of the eucalyptus body lotion and I also have some of the shampoo and conditioner that I had saved. I don't use them as I am more of a Philosophy Amazing Grace lotion person, but always save those bottles from the room. They are just gathering dust under my bathroom sink so would be happy to give them to you since it sounds like you will truly enjoy them. Nancy