Hub app and kindle

JABrown104

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to download the Hub app on a kindle? I cant find it in the app store.

Speaking of cruise apps ( besides shipmate), what are other good apps?

Thanks!

I have a kindle. I'm using it to answer it question right now:D.. Download the 1mobile market app from the Amazon Store then once it's downloaded open it up and download the Carnival Hub App from there. That's how I got mine and I use it everyday for my countdown. Good Luck.:D

I have a kindle. I'm using it to answer it question right now:D.. Download the 1mobile market app from the Amazon Store then once it's downloaded open it up and download the Carnival Hub App from there. That's how I got mine and I use it everyday for my countdown. Good Luck.:D

This is good to know...I have it on my phone and IPad and now I know I can load to my Kindle Fire. I like to load my Kindle with shows and movies since it has a memory card slot.

I searched for the 1mobile market app and that name didn't show up. Other apps did. If it isn't 1mobile market, what is the name of the app you downloaded?

• 11 months later...

I have an Amazon Fire Phone and I downloaded and installed the apk as i do many apps that aren't available on Amazon. I have tested it out at home - my questions is sometimes when you do this the android apps don't work right - so I wonder if the texting part will work as good as say the app for the iPhone? Does anyone know?

I have an Amazon Fire Phone and I downloaded and installed the apk as i do many apps that aren't available on Amazon. I have tested it out at home - my questions is sometimes when you do this the android apps don't work right - so I wonder if the texting part will work as good as say the app for the iPhone? Does anyone know?

Got a new Kindle and of course I can't download 1mobile market anymore. Which apk file did you download? Do you still have the address? I tried to open a few apk files and am having problems. After I download an apk file, at the bottom of the screen that shows what the app might see, I can't click on next. I can only click cancel. I am allowing apps from Unkown Sources to be downloaded onto the kindle.

It would be nice if Carnival made the app available for the kindle. I asked on the Carnival fb page, and was basically blown off by the Carnival employee.

This is one way to install Android apps that Amazon does not have in their app store

1. The Amazon appstore has a free app called Easy Installer (blue square)

Download it to your device.

2. Using a computer search for the app you need that Amazon doesn't have and download to your computer the apk file in this case Carnival Hub.

3. Cable your device (kindle fire/amazon fire phone etc to your computer making sure you are using a usb charger that allows for transferring files and doesn't just charge your device. I'm telling you this cause I had a cable I was using that only charged the phone and didn't understand why I couldn't find my phone on my computer! Very frustrating!

4. On your computer click on MY computer - find your device and click on it and you will see various folders - I added a folder and named it apk. Then you drag the apx from your computer to that file you created on your device.

Back on your device you open the app Easy Installer - select Carnival Hub and click install.

Ok the above sounds complicated and I am sure there is an easier way to do it. I tried installing Google Play many times but it never worked right.

Perhaps someone else has an easier way to get the apk file to an Amazon device if they don't have the Amazon appstore doesn't have the app available.

As mentioned in my previous post sometimes android apps don't work correctly so even though I was able to click I'm onboard - I won't be able to check texting till I am onboard and pay the $5! By the way the above post looks much easier now that I've read it

I Googled "Carnival hub app for Kindle", went to this site and it downloaded fine. I needed to open it and confirm the download before I could see the icon on my tablet.

http://apkforkindlefire.com/APK_Carnival-Hub-CARNIVAL-BREEZE_Kindle-Fire.html

Thank you. I saw that download, but was unsure because it said Breeze. I also used a different downloader engine.

It seems to be working, but the real test will be in a little over a month when I'm on the Miracle.

Go to you tube and search for "adding google play to kindle fire" it provides instructions and I have been operating all Google android apps works and it works great and I have some apps linked to my phone. I like having both Amazon and Google app stores available. It is my opinion that some apps in Amazon are very lite versions of what is available in Google.

It would be nice if Carnival made the app available for the kindle. I asked on the Carnival fb page, and was basically blown off by the Carnival employee.
The simple answer is, demand just isn't high enough to develop, maintain, and continuously update the app on Kindle. When developers (any app developers) create apps, they go where the biggest market share is. Nine times out of ten, they'll start with the Apple App Store. Then Google Play Store. Everyone else isn't going to get much consideration.

• 6 months later...
I Googled "Carnival hub app for Kindle", went to this site and it downloaded fine. I needed to open it and confirm the download before I could see the icon on my tablet.

http://apkforkindlefire.com/APK_Carnival-Hub-CARNIVAL-BREEZE_Kindle-Fire.html

Thank you for the link. We have two Amazon Fire 7.0 and I was able to download the file to my computer and then drag-and-drop them into a folder I had made on the Fire (I named it APK). My charging cable worked just fine to link the computer and Fire together. I opened the folder on my Fire and clicked on the link. It seems to have downloaded correctly. I had to manually enter the sailing date for the app to show the days left. I am hopeful it will work glitch-free onboard as I really would rather leave the iPhone in the safe and just drag the Fire--which holds all my books--about. Once again, THANK YOU!