Embarkation Lunch on Liberty

Well crap. I don't know where I read that. That is disappointing since I'll be on it in September.

Maybe you were thinking of a Vision or Radiance class ship (except Jewel) that has Park Cafe in the Solarium.

Maybe you were thinking of a Vision or Radiance class ship (except Jewel) that has Park Cafe in the Solarium.

Interesting. Grandeur is coming to Galveston so maybe I'll get to eat there. :) I think Grandeur is Vision class.

Interesting. Grandeur is coming to Galveston so maybe I'll get to eat there. :) I think Grandeur is Vision class.

Yes, Grandeur is Vision class, but I think it's Vision (another Vision class ship) going to Galveston

Embarkation day lunch in the Windjammer on Liberty was SO crowded. It would be nice if people would finish their food and leave, but they tend to grab a table and camp out until their room is ready. There were tons of people walking around with food trays who could not find a place to sit and eat. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer anyway, but especially embarkation day. Next cruse I think we're just going to eat lunch before boarding and avoid the who thing altogether.

It is Vision that is coming the Galveston in 2017. Promenade cafe has several types of sandwiches, desserts, fruit, etc. for lunch. Sorrento's has pizza, salads, bruchetta, and sweets. I believe they also make paninnis. Not a bad selection between the two places available. We have eaten lunch there on many embarkation days.

Last time on Liberty we had a delightful embarkation lunch at Prominade Cafe made up of a couple of sandwiches,cookies and ice tea. Not crowded, quiet and cool. Will probably do the same when we sail on her on Oct.

Last October we were able to eat in the main dining room for lunch. In fact, they seemed to try and encourage it as they were standing outside trying to get folks to come in. Does this depend on each sailing? I wonder if it is an option.

Last October we were able to eat in the main dining room for lunch. In fact, they seemed to try and encourage it as they were standing outside trying to get folks to come in. Does this depend on each sailing? I wonder if it is an option.

Other than for special groups such as consecutive cruisers, I've never seen embarkation lunch available in the MDR on RC ships.

Slyster:I also have never seen the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day on any RCI ship,except for a special lunch served to back-to-back cruisers. Are you sure the MDR on LB was open for lunch last Oct? That would be very unusual.

Embarkation day lunch in the Windjammer on Liberty was SO crowded. It would be nice if people would finish their food and leave, but they tend to grab a table and camp out until their room is ready. There were tons of people walking around with food trays who could not find a place to sit and eat. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer anyway, but especially embarkation day. Next cruse I think we're just going to eat lunch before boarding and avoid the who thing altogether.

I don't do buffets. EVER. So, I was going hungry on embarkation day when we would arrive early. Then we started arriving at the pier around 1pm after eating a nice lunch in Galveston. By the time we got checked in and onboard, the cabins were ready and we put our carryons away and went off to explore the rest of the ship. No need to get in that mess in the Windjammer.

I read this about Adventure of the Seas. I just googled AOS restaurants and this was at the. Bottom of the list. Does Adventure now have a Park Cafe? I totally missed it when we were on Allure last year. Heard about how good it was after the trip.

See below...

Park Cafe

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

The Solarium is due to receive the popular Park Cafe currently found on the likes of Splendour of the Seas, Oasis and Allure of the Seas, during its refit scheduled for April 2014. The complimentary Park Cafe will open for light and healthy fare throughout the day from Breakfast options through to late night snacks and drinks.

Thanks Tons