Diamond Perk ?

Muumuu

One of the Diamond perks includes a special invitation from the Captain each cruise.

What examples of this have you Diamonds seen?

On an early June Conquest cruise the ships' officers gathered in the piano bar to welcome the Diamonds who were on board. Casual conversation ensued, with drinks and hors deouvres served. The Captain arrived and congratulated and thanked the Diamonds as he went around the room. A staff photographer took a few pics and maybe 2 days later an 8x10 photo of the occasion was delivered to the room.

Perhaps 15 Diamonds were in attendance with their spouses, S.O.s or cabin mates.

Edited by evandbob

One of the Diamond perks includes a special invitation from the Captain each cruise.

It will all depend on how many Diamond members are on the cruise you are on. This year on the Fascination when I was the only Diamond on board, and last year on the Pride when there were only three Diamonds aboard, we had brunch with the captain. On several cruises where there were small groups of Diamonds aboard we had cocktail parties in the Piano Bar. Two years ago on the Splendor repo cruise, there were over 100 Diamonds on board. We had a huge party in the aft lounge. This is my favorite Diamond perk. Let me mention that I say we because my wife, who is still Platinum, has been invited to these events with me.

Either tea on bridge with capt or cocktail party with capt and senior officers.

Last year on Glory we were only Diamonds so we had a private tea with capt on the bridge and very interesting.

Last cruise on Dream they had 5 diamonds and had private cocktail party and we were the only ones to show up.

We do prefer cocktail party.

More common were tea on the bridge or a gathering with other Diamonds at a small cocktail party.

A few of my standout invitations have been.

Lunch in the MDR with the Captain and some of his staff and the Hotel Director

Dinner in the Italian restaurant with the Captain, his wife, his children and his mother and father, along with the Hotel Director.

Another dinner in the Italian restaurant with a different Captain, his staff and another Diamond couple, along with the Hotel Director.

Dinner in the Officers Mess dining room, with the Captain, his staff and the Hotel Director, I brought a couple of bottles of my wine.

The perk is not guaranteed and on rare occasions, doesn't happen. The actual event is left up to the Captain

"A Special Invitation from the Captain." Benefit limited to Diamond Member and one guest once per Cruise, subject to Captain's availability and discretion. No substitution if Benefit is unavailable. "

The perk is not guaranteed and on rare occasions, doesn't happen. The actual event is left up to the Captain

"A Special Invitation from the Captain." Benefit limited to Diamond Member and one guest once per Cruise, subject to Captain's availability and discretion. No substitution if Benefit is unavailable. "

VERY rare that it doesn't happen. Hasn't happened to me yet.

VERY rare that it doesn't happen. Hasn't happened to me yet.

I remember at least two occurrences. The ship had problems one time and there was severe weather another time.

Occasionally not all the invitations get delivered in a timely fashion, which is a different issue.

More common were tea on the bridge or a gathering with other Diamonds at a small cocktail party.

A few of my standout invitations have been.

Lunch in the MDR with the Captain and some of his staff and the Hotel Director

Dinner in the Italian restaurant with the Captain, his wife, his children and his mother and father, along with the Hotel Director.

Another dinner in the Italian restaurant with a different Captain, his staff and another Diamond couple, along with the Hotel Director.

Dinner in the Officers Mess dining room, with the Captain, his staff and the Hotel Director, I brought a couple of bottles of my wine.

Dinner in the Italian restaurant would be nice. Our next cruise is on the Magic would hope they do that.

We have had an event on every cruise as Diamonds. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, cocktail parties, bridge visits; one with a breakfast. :) Our favorite was dinner in the Officers' Dining Room with all the senior staff! Not sure who was taking care of the ship.:) The next evening, Captain B invited us to have cappuccinos with him in his suite. The HD often asks us what we would like.

Most often a reception in the Piano Bar for us. My favorite was dinner in the MDR on Elegant night, second was lunch in the MDR on a sea day. Another we enjoyed was simply at the coffee shop with the Captain, Hotel Director and four other officers having beverages and pastries in a Private Event with just my wife and I. Good memories for sure, made us feel special.