Reflection Western Caribbean Itinerary

Opie

Considering going on my second lifetime Celebrity cruise in December. What do you think about these ports of call (as a group) on a 7-day Reflection cruise?

Cozumel, Mexico

George Town, Grand Cayman

Falmouth, Jamaica

Labadee, Hispaniola

Two years ago we did a cruise that had San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Nassau. We were pretty happy with those ports overall (especially St. Thomas and San Juan). Do you think this is a good group or not? I've been to Cozumel, which was okay, and Grand Cayman, which I really like, but not Jamaica or Haiti. Welcome all thoughts.

Edited by Opie

Considering going on my second lifetime Celebrity cruise in December. What do you think about these ports of call (as a group) on a 7-day Reflection cruise?

Cozumel, Mexico

Falmouth, Jamaica

Labadee, Hispaniola

Two years ago we did a cruise that had San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Nassau. We were pretty happy with those ports overall (especially St. Thomas and San Juan). Do you think this is a good group or not? I've been to Cozumel, which was okay, and Grand Cayman, which I really like, but not Jamaica or Haiti. Welcome all thoughts.

We are on the same ship going on Dec 3. The only weak port for me is Falmouth . If you have never been there than you should take in the falls but be ready for lots of people. I prefer so. carribbean than west but doing western this time. We enjoy just getting away to be honest ! Bob & Donna

We are on the November 19 cruise. It looks like the only thing to do off the ship in Labadee is go to the beach. I'm not that big on beaches but people who have been there seem to enjoy it. Friends who have been to Jamaica rave about it and Dunn's Falls is supposed to be beautiful. Just don't go off by yourself in Jamaica, find an organized tour (either through the ship or a private tour).

I think this will be a more relaxing Caribbean cruise than some of the others I have been on.

Cozumel, Mexico

Falmouth, Jamaica

Labadee, Hispaniola

We took the Reflection last January with nearly the same itinerary. The only difference was that the ship stopped at Coco Cay instead of Labadee. We actually prefer Labadee to Coco Cay, so that is actually an improvement! Check out my youtube video of our trip. It may give you some insight into the ship and the stops.

I would take this Western Caribbean itinerary versus the Eastern itinerary that has been offered over the past few years. We really enjoyed Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Labadee is an improvement over Coco Cay as tendering is a pain in Coco Cay.

Labadee is a nice beach day if weather coperates. They have a decent buffet lunch and numerous bars,,where alc package is included . You can take a long walk on the pathways ride the tram ..no charge; or ride the coaster and zipline. ( These are extra fee )They have a water park for kids, (extra ?) Also a few excursions are available...jetski tour etc,We have been there a few times...enjoyed renting a cabana when it included an upgraded buffet and great cabana service. Have also just gone to a beach where we had the nice clamshells for shade and floatie mats. There's a shopping area of outdoor flea market type booths with one nice indoor A/C mart.

We like Falmouth...clean fenced port area with nice stores...a good lunch spot...Jamaican Spice kitchen, places to enjoy drinks and music...We took a beach excursion with the cruiseline and had a great time...we did not sign up for the lunch and returned to eat in the secure port, A few hrs on the beach is plenty,..very hot and sunny...good rum and snacks.other times we just stayed in fenced port area and had a nice time, Did not wander in this port or explore falls etc..been there done that! Compared to Montego Bay it is much better!

Gr Cayman is nice ...been there a number of times but we no longer get off,.dislike tendering

Cozumel.,..been there alot but not our fav port..surprisingly it has rained there a number of times during our visits,...

Edited by hcat

Cozumel, Mexico

Falmouth, Jamaica

Labadee, Hispaniola

Great itinerary. Book a cabana in Labadee They are great! you must book in advance as the book up quickly. A really enjoyable beach day. In cozemel, we typically go to Mr sanchos beach club We book on line Another great club in Nachi also Cozumel. We just walk around the pier in Jamacia then back on the ship for a nice quiet crowd free day. We have done many tours on Grand Cayman We do not snorkel, but heard it is great

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it. Looking forward to watching existentialtraveler's video over breakfast.

I was looking at the port ratings on another site - the following were the top rated Caribbean ports of call:

Castaway Cay

Willemstad, Curacao

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Honduras

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Bonaire

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Oranjestad, Aruba

Castries, St. Lucia

I've been to half of these and think this is a pretty good list. I will have some first time cruisers with me so will have to evaluate if I want (a) the Reflection with the Western itinerary or (b) a lesser ship that hits one of these. For example, for the same prices as this 7-day itinerary in a verandah on the Reflection I could have a exterior room on Carnival Splendor that does Aruba and Curacao. Do y'all prioritize ship or itinerary? Of course, the Reflection gets much better ship ratings. Welcome all thoughts.

Also, do people often go from Falmouth to Montego Bay?

Edited by Opie

Opie, we are hoping to take the same cruise in late February with the only difference being Ocho Rios instead of Falmouth. Being avid snorkelers we know what we'll be doing in both Cozumel and Georgetown - been to both before on land trips so know where we want to go. Labadee we'll just beach it. Not sure what we'll choose to do in Jamaica yet. Not been to either of these last two places before. For me these 4 ports are okay, but like eating, this is very subjective.

We took the Reflection last January with nearly the same itinerary. The only difference was that the ship stopped at Coco Cay instead of Labadee. We actually prefer Labadee to Coco Cay, so that is actually an improvement! Check out my youtube video of our trip. It may give you some insight into the ship and the stops.

So glad I found your post. Another great job on the video. Bill & I are booked on the Reflection Western Caribbean on Nov 5. It has been years since we have sailed the S class ships and other than Cozumel all the ports are new for us.

We are skipping the Summit repo this year.

Say hi to Toni.

Thanks for posing this question! We are planning a NYE cruise and right now are booked on the Summit out of San Juan with stops in St. Maarten, Martinique, Dominica, St. Kitts and St. Thomas. The issue is that the airfare to San Juan right now is crazy expensive so we are debating moving our reservation to the Reflection out of Miami with this Western Caribbean itinerary. Jamaica and Labadee didn't really excite us so the comments about the safe "fenced-in" port area in Jamaica may just make us pony up the extra cash and sail out of San Juan.

Edited by vmontell26

Thanks for posing this question! We are planning a NYE cruise and right now are booked on the Summit out of San Juan with stops in St. Maarten, Martinique, Dominica, St. Kitts and St. Thomas. The issue is that the airfare to San Juan right now is crazy expensive so we are debating moving our reservation to the Reflection out of Miami with this Western Caribbean itinerary. Jamaica and Labadee didn't really excite us so the comments about the safe "fenced-in" port area in Jamaica may just make us pony up the extra cash and sail out of San Juan.

That's a terrific itinerary, especially your three saints -- Maarten, Kitts and Thomas. It is tough getting into San Juan around the holidays, though. I can get rewards flights to Miami but not to San Juan. I wish just one of those saints stops was on the Reflection itinerary. Without it, it looks mediocre (although not bad).

What would y'all choose:

(a) Miami -> Cozumel -> Grand Cayman -> Falmouth -> Labadee on Celebrity Reflection; or

(b) Miami -> Grand Cayman -> Roatan -> Belize City -> Cozumel on Carnival Glory (at $680/stateroom cheaper)?

Edited by Opie

That's a terrific itinerary, especially your three saints -- Maarten, Kitts and Thomas. It is tough getting into San Juan around the holidays, though. I can get rewards flights to Miami but not to San Juan. I wish just one of those saints stops was on the Reflection itinerary. Without it, it looks mediocre (although not bad).

What would y'all choose:

(a) Miami -> Cozumel -> Grand Cayman -> Falmouth -> Labadee on Celebrity Reflection; or

(b) Miami -> Grand Cayman -> Roatan -> Belize City -> Cozumel on Carnival Glory (at $680/stateroom cheaper)?

While I love the summit and have sailed that itinerary it is hectic. So it depends what type of vacation you want. The Silhouette and Reflection are the two newest ships and beautiful. They afford you more activities and restaurants. We will be sailing on the Summit to Bermuda in a couple of weeks and I do enjoy the ship

Cozumel, Mexico

Falmouth, Jamaica

Labadee, Hispaniola

I did this same itinerary in December of last year on the Silhouette, it being my girlfriends first cruise. It was absolutely incredible.

We did excursions in every port:

I have some pictures on my website http://ctwb87.com/index.php/cruises/silhouette-cruise/photos/, but I haven't got around to putting everything up. So if you want to see some pictures or videos let me know.

Edited by chadwickx16

• 2 weeks later...

We booked this itinerary for DEC last year while on the Solstice in Alaska. After reading some of the comments here and watching the youtube video posted, I am now excited again about our decision!

December can't get here fast enough!

We did the Western itinerary in March, it was our favorite cruise in the Caribbean , mainly because of our experience with celebrity! We have been on Norwegian in the past, and after our last Norwegian Cruise approximately four years ago we felt we would never use them again. Made the switch to celebrity, and we were thoroughly pleased with our trip. I'm not sure that I noticed your ages while I was reading through the posts, so I'm not sure what your interest would be. However, in Jamaica we did a five hour bus food tour that was absolutely fabulous! Our hosts were a lot of fun, and we were able to see a lot! Recommend stingray city for Cayman Islands and we actually had a very relaxing day at Labadee.

What would y'all choose:

Depending on the perks, the cost might be similar. We've been on the glory, and while she wasn't our favorite, we still had a great time. Our friends recently did that exact same itinerary on the glory and had a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just booked this cruise for December and are excited.

We were in Jamaica in January on HAL and did the Dunns River Falls and Mystic Mountain bobsled tour. It was one of my favorite excursions we have done through the ships. Celebrity offers it and I would highly recommend it. We have always avoided ships that had Jamaica on the itinerary but could do that day over and over.

Just to throw in my two bits...

We docked at Ocho Rios during one of our past cruises and went around DIY. We visited Dunns Falls, Lobster Dave, etc. Jamaica is probably our least favourite port of call because we found many of the locals to be pretty aggressive. We encountered a few vendors that were really friendly at first and then just turned on a dime once they knew we weren't going to buy anything. If I go to Jamaica again, I'd probably book a guide for the day.

We quite enjoyed Labadee as an easy beach day. It's not truly Haiti though as it's a fenced off area.

So glad I found your post. Another great job on the video. Bill & I are booked on the Reflection Western Caribbean on Nov 5. It has been years since we have sailed the S class ships and other than Cozumel all the ports are new for us.

We are skipping the Summit repo this year.

Say hi to Toni.

Hi Jean!

We skipped the repo this year as well, but we are on the Summit for the Southern Caribbean cruises in November...B2B again starting Nov.12. I see you have the Equinox booked for October,2017. We do as well...we sail October 27,2017...what are your dates?

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it. Looking forward to watching existentialtraveler's video over breakfast.

I was looking at the port ratings on another site - the following were the top rated Caribbean ports of call:

Castaway Cay

Willemstad, Curacao

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Honduras

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Bonaire

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Oranjestad, Aruba

Castries, St. Lucia

I've been to half of these and think this is a pretty good list. I will have some first time cruisers with me so will have to evaluate if I want (a) the Reflection with the Western itinerary or (b) a lesser ship that hits one of these. For example, for the same prices as this 7-day itinerary in a verandah on the Reflection I could have a exterior room on Carnival Splendor that does Aruba and Curacao. Do y'all prioritize ship or itinerary? Of course, the Reflection gets much better ship ratings. Welcome all thoughts.

Also, do people often go from Falmouth to Montego Bay?

I hope you enjoyed the video!