Cabin refrigerator?

Looking forward to our upcoming RCL Alaskan cruise on July 29 and was wondering if there is a refrigerator in the cabins?

There is a cooler in all staterooms on Explorer. It will usually contain drinks and snacks for sale.

There is a cooler in all staterooms on Explorer. It will usually contain drinks and snacks for sale.

Just recently off Adventure and they have stopped stocking the fridge aka cooler. Hoping this policy will be on all RCI ships soon. There is a card letting you know if you want it stocked just let your cabin steward know. I think this is a great move by RCI...no need for someone to check that (each cabin) cooler each day to see if any items have been used and need to be replaced or charged to your Seapass. This made it easier to not have to worry about taking those items out...Also keeping your ice bucket in there kept ours very cold...worked out great.

Edited by Ashland

Just recently off Adventure and they have stopped stocking the fridge aka cooler. Hoping this policy will be on all RCI ships soon. There is a card letting you know if you want it stocked just let your cabin steward know. I think this is a great move by RCI...no need for someone to check that (each cabin) cooler each day to see if any items have been used and need to be replaced or charged to your Seapass. This made it easier to not have to worry about taking those items out...Also keeping your ice bucket in there kept ours very cold...worked out great.

I agree, it would be a welcome change to have those items only in the cooler upon request.:)

I think this is a great move by RCI...no need for someone to check that (each cabin) cooler each day to see if any items have been used and need to be replaced or charged to your Seapass.

Agreed. Several times we have come across expired items in the cooler - soda especially. I guess they just don't check the expiry dates as often if nothing has been purchased. As well, have seen different kinds of soda in the cooler stash - obviously a previous guest drank the soda and replaced it with a can bought in port for less money than being charged on their Sea Pass. Couple of times it wasn't even the same language! :D:p:D

I also hope they don't stock the coolers on other ships as well. It's just one less thing to deal with when first getting to the room. I like to get ice right away and keep it in the cooler.