Welcome Aboard Show-5 Night Bermuda Cruise

Is there only 1 Welcome Aboard Show on all the 5 Nt. Bermuda cruises?

I am looking at the Compass from the June 25th cruise & it shows only one show at 6:30.

Is that always the showtime on the 5 nt. Bermuda cruise?

Also, how long is the Welcome Aboard Show?

Thank you!

Dina

I am looking at the Compass from the June 25th cruise & it shows only one show at 6:30.

Thank you!

Dina

Dina,

I'd love to know where you saw the June 25th Bermuda cruise Compass. We're going in September and I've seen other Compasses but not one that recent.

Cindy

Thank you!

Dina

The welcome aboard show is almost always just done once, in between traditional seatings times.

40-45 minutes

Thank you!

Dina

We were on the 6/25 Anthem sailing. Even though there was only 1 Welcome Aboard Show, which lasts about 45-60 mins. RCI really packed in a lot of shows/entertainment for the rest of the 4 nights. Also on the first night, they had a Tribute band in the Music Hall, which also played for 3 nights out of 5 nights. The Gift was also showing on the first night, 270 had 2 shows for the first night along with entertainment in Boleros, Schooner Bar and Michael's Pub and an outdoor movie on the first night. Seems to me, they had a lot going on for the 5 nights that we booked another 5 night Anthem cruise in September.

is the welcome aboard show in the theatre? what is in the welcome aboard show? I don't remember seeing it on our last anthem trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes.

It's the show for the first night. "Welcome aboard."

is the welcome aboard show in the theatre? what is in the welcome aboard show? I don't remember seeing it on our last anthem trip.

Hi Cheryl

Yes it's in the Theatre and they also had a comedian performing at the show.

Have a wonderful cruise, sorry we'll miss each other and hope to see you guys again :)

Hi Cheryl

Yes it's in the Theatre and they also had a comedian performing at the show.

Have a wonderful cruise, sorry we'll miss each other and hope to see you guys again :)

May miss the show again - more people on the ship than seats in the theatre...

Hope to see you on another cruise, too.

• 2 weeks later...
did't ask what it is. asked what it features...

Depends on the cruise. It usually features a preview of some of the entertainment for the cruise, so kind of like a variety show. There is often a comedian or a singer.

Would you be able to tell me how many casual dining nights you had, did you have a smart casual night?

On the Anthem, there are no "nights" for dress. All restaurants are casual, except the Grande, which is "formal" except for the first and last nights.

Smart casual, as a dress term, has completely lost its meaning.

Just dress decently, and you will fit in.

did't ask what it is. asked what it features...

Sorry. I missed the word "in". :)

However, although it is now two weeks later, my answer is.........all Welcome Aboard shows are pretty much the same. The CD introduces him/herself, makes a nice speech about everything there is to do on your cruise, introduces some of the other staff, then there is one act.

Performed once, in between traditional seating times.

In my experience, not so crowded that you can't find a seat. Yes, there is only one, but lots of people skip it, for various reasons.

:)

On one of the earlier (April maybe?) cruises the compass said 6:30pm but a few people have reported that more recent cruises had it at 7:30pm. I would always check when you first get onboard, if you really want to see it, so you can change your dinner time if it conflicts.

I would not depend on any show or activity being exactly when you plan for it, as there have been so many changes made by Royal over the past few months, on Anthem.

I would not depend on any show or activity being exactly when you plan for it, as there have been so many changes made by Royal over the past few months, on Anthem.

First, thanks to Dina for posting the recent 5 nt Bermuda Compasses that she found. They really help me to line up dining times. I still haven't gotten a handle on how to schedule dining times and not miss everything I want to do at night. It amazes me how people just fly blind and somehow make it work.

Second, why do you think there have been so many changes on Anthem? It's funny that the reviews for Anthem are less than stellar. I'm pretty sure I'll like her (hope so since we have both a 5 nt and a 12 nt already booked on her). Do you think they're making changes because of people's displeasure with Anthem?

Cindy

First, thanks to Dina for posting the recent 5 nt Bermuda Compasses that she found. They really help me to line up dining times. I still haven't gotten a handle on how to schedule dining times and not miss everything I want to do at night. It amazes me how people just fly blind and somehow make it work.

Second, why do you think there have been so many changes on Anthem? It's funny that the reviews for Anthem are less than stellar. I'm pretty sure I'll like her (hope so since we have both a 5 nt and a 12 nt already booked on her). Do you think they're making changes because of people's displeasure with Anthem?

Cindy

I'm not sure what changes she is talking about. :confused:

On one of the earlier (April maybe?) cruises the compass said 6:30pm but a few people have reported that more recent cruises had it at 7:30pm. I would always check when you first get onboard, if you really want to see it, so you can change your dinner time if it conflicts.

It was at 7 on my January cruises. This is smack dab between the two seatings.