Royal Caribbean Tips & Tricks..

I'm about to go on my second cruise and have bought big pegs to clip the towel to the sun lounger. Gets a bit breezy by the pool on sea days and last time my towel kept blowing about! I found them on eBay, 4 pegs for under $3.

Magnets for putting up invites and anything else in your stateroom. Sticky notes so you can leave notes for your cabin mates. Plastic over the door hanging shoe bag - not for shoes but toiletries, sun tan lotions, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For me, going to the Battle of the Sexes and Quest game shows are must-dos on a Royal Cruise.

Second formal night on a 7day is Lobster night. We take late seating because when we had early seating they gave us push back when we ordered lobster 3 at a time. Something about making sure they had enough for all guests.

With late dinner we can do over 30 and no one bats an eye.

Magnets for putting up invites and anything else in your stateroom. Sticky notes so you can leave notes for your cabin mates. Plastic over the door hanging shoe bag - not for shoes but toiletries, sun tan lotions, etc.

Nice ideas! Especially the magnets.. Thank you.

For me, going to the Battle of the Sexes and Quest game shows are must-dos on a Royal Cruise.

With late dinner we can do over 30 and no one bats an eye.

Great suggestions; I heard Quest was great and I moved my reservation for "We Will Rock You" to make sure I could see it.. and love your 30+ lobster comment! LOL. I hope to eat some lobster too.

Thanks!

I'm about to go on my second cruise and have bought big pegs to clip the towel to the sun lounger. Gets a bit breezy by the pool on sea days and last time my towel kept blowing about! I found them on eBay, 4 pegs for under $3.

This would be great for so many destinations! Thanks. :)

You mentioned your second cruise.. Did you do your first with Royal Caribbean, and will you sail with them again next?

Take time to SLOW DOWN. Take in the ambience that is a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

My favorite is a quiet walk on deck under the stars right before calling it a night....or greeting the dawn if the party lasted a bit longer :p

I love getting up early to watch the sunrise; so peaceful and calm with the waves crashing in the background. Afternoon naps and reservations for different shows and specialty restaurants are a must too.

I will try to see a sunrise - I did try this in Mexico in November, but it didn't work out. I was sitting on a cloudy beach and the sun never came out LOL.

Thanks for your tips - I love watching the ocean too. It never gets old!

Take time to SLOW DOWN. Take in the ambience that is a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

My favorite is a quiet walk on deck under the stars right before calling it a night....or greeting the dawn if the party lasted a bit longer :p

That's definitely a challenge to "Slow Down" coming from a fast paced world. I liked that this was a 5 nighter because we have 4 days after the trip to relax before going back to work.

Totally agree with you walking under the stars!

BTW, Anthem does not have formal nights. If you dine in The Grande, that will be your formal night with the exception of the first and last nights. Lobster is served in The Grande every night. Jackets are required.

Make reservations for dinner every night, for all shows, and entertainment.

Have a wonderful cruise! :) And skip the watch sale!!:eek:

This would be great for so many destinations! Thanks. :)

You mentioned your second cruise.. Did you do your first with Royal Caribbean, and will you sail with them again next?

Yes, my first cruise was with Royal Caribbean on Allure of the seas and we had the best time, so we booked Oasis of the seas for September of this year! :)

I'm also looking at doing an Alaskan cruise with Royal Caribbean for next year. How about you, are you a frequent cruiser or first time?

Fellow Cruisers,

Would love to hear your MUST-DO Royal Caribbean tips & tricks to make the most of my next cruise (Anthem 9/3/16)..

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to hear your suggestions.

You said Anthem in your question, but I see you booked the Oasis

Yes, my first cruise was with Royal Caribbean on Allure of the seas and we had the best time, so we booked Oasis of the seas for September of this year! :)

I'm also looking at doing an Alaskan cruise with Royal Caribbean for next year. How about you, are you a frequent cruiser or first time?

Wow that's great.. I hear Oasis is amazing and it's fun to try new ships. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy everything the Oasis has to offer. I hope to try it one day.

I used to spend a lot of time on the Fashion & Beauty boards and they have lot of great info for packing for Alaska - apparently it requires lots of layers. That will be a fun trip to plan with all of the different excursions and things to see.

My parents were big cruisers, so when I became old enough to go with my boyfriend (now husband), we cruised a bunch of times on NCL & Carnival, but we haven't done RCCL together. And then more recently, I fell in love with all-inclusives.. I pretty much love vacations. ha! For me, they both have different perks. I love the cruise ship entertainment, but I also really enjoy floating at the all-inclusive pools.

Talk to you soon!

Nice ideas! Especially the magnets.. Thank you.

Great suggestions; I heard Quest was great and I moved my reservation for "We Will Rock You" to make sure I could see it.. and love your 30+ lobster comment! LOL. I hope to eat some lobster too.

Thanks!

with the magnets, make sure they are neodymium, some of the cheaper magnet tape stuff doesnt hold up more than a single piece of paper, but the neodymium are super strong will hold up multiple sheets

If you have a balcony, take time to sit out there on it, close your eyes and listen to the sounds of the ship cutting through the waves and breath in of the wonderful fragrance of the sea air. Very relaxing!

Cruising is a fantastic way to travel!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We line our suitcases with trash bags. Store the suitcase under the bed with the trash bag opened in it. Put dirty clothes in bag. Double benefit. Your clothes don't get wet (if you have liquid sunshine) coming to the cruise & you don't have to pack your dirty clothes, they're already in the suitcase

On the flip side, I have witnessed people NOT being able to get any lobster at the later seating because they were out. I'm sure this doesn't happen often but with my luck, it would happen with me!