Credit card

candigirl41

I have done all my check in information for my upcoming cruise. I want to change the credit card I used but cannot find the place to change it. I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place. I tried a search but cannot find any information. Any help greatly appreciated. First time Norwegian cruiser.

Thanks

Candi

If you are referring to your onboard account, with NCL you don't provide a credit card until you check in at the pier.

The credit card you used for booking is not automatically tied to your onboard account.

Edited by triptolemus

Thanks for the timely response. I couldn't remember if I had provided my credit card info or not. I just wasn't sure. On Princess, RCCl and Carnival I have always provided ahead of time or said I would pay cash. Thank you again. Now I can just wait until embarkation to worry about this.

Candi

• 2 months later...
regarding the credit card you hand them at the dock, are all the charges handled as domestic charges just as if you were on land (ie no international fees etc)

Charges are in dollars from Miami, so if you are from the US then there are no currency charges.

If you are not from the US then you are likely to get hit by fees if your card provider charges them.

I couldn't remember if I had provided my credit card info or not.
You may have, if you made any cruise payments through the website, or if you paid for any extras like dining, spa services, diaper packages, … But they don't save that info for the actual cruise, they want to see and swipe an actual card at check-in.
regarding the credit card you hand them at the dock, are all the charges handled as domestic charges just as if you were on land (ie no international fees etc)
The charge comes from NCL Miami. If you use a US credit card, it's a domestic charge.

Throughout the cruise,NCL will run authorizations on your card. This is based on the amounts that is being charged to your on board account. Then one final payment when you arrive back in port. The length of the the authorizlzations "holds" stay on your account is determined by your bank. Usually a week or two.