Breakaway 'secrets'

babs135

Whilst there is absolute loads of information to be found about the Breakaway, I wonder if there are any 'secrets' people are willing to share?

A door people ignore, the best place to 'people watch', a quiet corner, etc

Thanks in advance.

Whilst there is absolute loads of information to be found about the Breakaway, I wonder if there are any 'secrets' people are willing to share?

A door people ignore, the best place to 'people watch', a quiet corner, etc

Thanks in advance.

Embarkation: go to sit down restaurant and enjoy(most are at the buffet).

If you go to buffet on embarkation, get food and head up 1 flight/elevator to uptown grill(undiscovered by most until day 2 or 3).

Waterfront during the day, quiet and empty.

People watch: Atrium or pool deck-crowds do not bother me.

Enjoy!!

Embarkation: go to sit down restaurant and enjoy(most are at the buffet).

If you go to buffet on embarkation, get food and head up 1 flight/elevator to uptown grill(undiscovered by most until day 2 or 3).

Waterfront during the day, quiet and empty.

People watch: Atrium or pool deck-crowds do not bother me.

Enjoy!!

That is so funny you mention the buffet. We really want to try something other than the buffet when we board. Its always so crowded. We were thinking of going to O'Sheehans instead, then taking a stroll to take in the whole ship as much as we can till muster/sail away. Better idea than the buffet?

We went to O'Shehans on embarkation day with three of us, it was around 12:30 - 12:45 or so; pretty crowded, and they wanted to seat the three of us at two different tables?!

We just sat at one table and pulled up a chair alongside. A little tight, but we managed.

I think I heard Modero's had a sit down and small buffet that people seem to like.

The quietest bar on the ship is connected to the Vibe beach club on the 17th deck. While you have to by access to Vibe, there is a section of the bar open to the public and there's rarely more than a couple of people (at least on my two excursions).

The quietest bar on the ship is connected to the Vibe beach club on the 17th deck. While you have to by access to Vibe, there is a section of the bar open to the public and there's rarely more than a couple of people (at least on my two excursions).

So its connected to Vibe but not inside Vibe?

So its connected to Vibe but not inside Vibe?

Yes, part of the bar is inside Vibe and part is outside Vibe. I haven't cruised the BA in almost one year, but at that time, there were nice soft chairs right by that bar- a very nice area to relax. The only downside is that the area could be all in the sun or all in the shade, depending on the direction of the ship (and time of day).

That is so funny you mention the buffet. We really want to try something other than the buffet when we board. Its always so crowded. We were thinking of going to O'Sheehans instead, then taking a stroll to take in the whole ship as much as we can till muster/sail away. Better idea than the buffet?

I go to Taste or Savor(one is open, can't recall which one). It is very quiet, but the lunch menu is limited.

Moderno has a buffet on embarkation, sort of an overflow area. I heard that this is quiet.

I go to Taste or Savor(one is open, can't recall which one). It is very quiet, but the lunch menu is limited.

Moderno has a buffet on embarkation, sort of an overflow area. I heard that this is quiet.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it all in mind. I thought Taste and Savor was more formal?

You can wear t-shirt and shorts in Taste and Savor. I saw people wearing b-suits with cover ups.

IMO Breakfast is better from the buffet....we could not eat anything we ordered at Taste one morning. Perhaps you can just enjoy coffee there after you eat at buffet? Nice place to do so!

Is Moderno still open for breakfast? This was our favorite morning spot last summer. There's a smaller buffet avail, plus a cook-to-order station over at Cagney's open kitchen area. There were never any large crowds, and it was much more pleasant than the early morning garden cafe.

One quiet place is the ship's library. Although pretty small compared to Holland America and maybe about the same as Princess, there are comfy couches. We stopped there in the morning about having breakfast in either Taste or Savor every day to pick up the daily soduko and crossword and there were people sitting and reading. The last morning we had a rainstorm and a lot of people found their way there.

plus a cook-to-order station over at Cagney's open kitchen area. There were never any large crowds, and it was much more pleasant than the early morning garden cafe.

didnt know cagneys kitchen was open, much less to the general public on embarkation day.

what do they serve?

didnt know cagneys kitchen was open, much less to the general public on embarkation day.

what do they serve?

I'm referring to the daily breakfast at Moderno, if it's still being offered. The breakfast extends over to the open kitchen in Cagneys, where there's hot breakfast fare (breakfast meats, eggs, etc). I believe they were also cooking omelettes and eggs to order.

Edited by TheDougOut

Ditto, but we have not found the menu to be limited. I look forward to that embarkation lunch ever time!