Oosterdam showers questions

ltdmcc

I like the fact that all HAL ships have the shower head where you can leave it in place and adjust that way or you can lift it out of the cradle and hold it as you please.

Hopefully they have new and improved brackets after dry dock. Our last two cruises, I'd start showering standing up and be sitting by the end as the shower head slid lower and lower. I may be exaggerating a little. :)

Edited by blizzardboy

Hopefully they have new and improved brackets after dry dock. Our last two cruises, I'd start showering standing up and be sitting by the end as the shower head slid lower and lower. I may be exaggerating a little. :)

They're easily tightened, though. :confused: I've even done it myself a time or two.

When I haven't been able to loosen it easily I've always been able to get the steward to do it.

Maybe the threads on yours were stripped? I'd have asked the steward to get that fixed.

Yes, we've had to have ours replaced before also.

They're easily tightened, though. :confused: I've even done it myself a time or two.

When I haven't been able to loosen it easily I've always been able to get the steward to do it.

Maybe the threads on yours were stripped? I'd have asked the steward to get that fixed.

We were on the Oo'dam in January, 6-7 weeks before her dry dock/refurbishment, during which an entire new bathroom was to be installed in our suite. I'm 6'2" and I would tighten the thing, but keeping it that way wasn't going to happen. When you twisted the handle to tighten it, it was too worn out to hold "traction" on the pipe the unit slides up and down on. HAL was aware of the problem but either didn't have repair parts or were putting it off since it was going to be replaced.

I had to change cabins on turnaround day last Saturday. Both cabins have handhelds.

I haven't been that impressed with the money they spent. I made that fairly clear on my survey for Part I.

Would you mind giving us an explanation about your last sentence..:confused: What was wrong with the shower?

Thanks

Would you mind giving us an explanation about your last sentence..:confused: What was wrong with the shower?

Thanks

Nothing to do with the shower, I just don't think the changes from the drydock are improvements in some cases. The showers are fine.

Edited by Wehwalt

Really appreciate the info - make planning easier for us!

:)

For anyone who has been on the Oosterdam recently can you tell me does it have handheld shower heads? Can you get one?

Thanks.