Royal credit card/anthem of the seas

Hello all!

Recently received my royal credit card and made my first purchase to receive some on board credit. Anyone know how long before you receive the on board credit? It has been about a month since my first purchase with the credit card.

Also, looking to take a cruise on anthem of the seas. Does anyone have pros/cons about the ship, port, excursions?

Thanks so much!!!

Hello all!

Recently received my royal credit card and made my first purchase to receive some on board credit. Anyone know how long before you receive the on board credit? It has been about a month since my first purchase with the credit card.

Also, looking to take a cruise on anthem of the seas. Does anyone have pros/cons about the ship, port, excursions?

Thanks so much!!!

You can call the RCI Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626 to check.

Spent 30 wonderful days on board and would do it again in a heartbeat. Great ship and crew.

Hello all!

Thanks so much!!!

You have to go thru at least one and maybe two billing cycles before the points show up on your statement. You can use the B of A website to look at your statement, as opposed to waiting for a mailed copy.

Once the points show up on your statement, use this website to redeem them:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea

Hello all!

Thanks so much!!!

We actually loved the Anthem when we sailed in May 2016! We are even ended up switching our Harmony 2017 cruise to a January 2017 Anthem cruise!

Everything in the Seaplex was a ton of fun! Bumper cars, roller skating, dodgeball tournaments, trapeze school, ping pong, etc! If you happen to have a day or two where the weather isn't so nice, no worries! There are plenty of fun activities indoors!

We also really enjoyed the I-fly, flowrider, and Northstar! If you haven't made reservations for the I-fly and Northstar I'd recommend doing so if you can! It just made it a much simpler process! We were also able to take advantage of a cancellation on the I-fly one day so we ended up going twice!

Dynamic dining gets a lot of backlash but we really, really liked it! I loved going to the different restaurants on different nights and we had really great wait staff I'd say 85% of the time! The times that they weren't great, it wasn't terrible but just slow and not super attentive. However, we weren't in any rush so it wasn't a huge deal! There were a few food selections we didn't like but again not a problem, because you are free to try anything else! The staff never had an issue getting us a different entree if we didn't like something! Also, much to my surprise, when I mentioned to one of the Head Waiters that I really, really liked the rolls with the pumpkin seeds on them I had on Allure and Brilliance and that I missed them; she went out of her way to get the bakery to bake them! She didn't even think they offered them in the restaurants but however she did it, they were brought to me the next night!

The entertainment was also really good. We loved We Will Rock You! The performers were all extraordinarily talented!

ZouZou in Bolero's is EXCEPTIONALLY FANTASTIC! Make sure to find him, he is great!

Overall, the crew members we encountered were extremely friendly and willing to do pretty much anything to help us have a fantastic vacation. Of course, as the saying goes "You get more flies with honey than vinegar" so I tend to think this has a lot to do with treating the crew with respect and friendliness yourself and they just feed off that good energy.

If you go into it with a positive and laid back attitude, everything will be great! You'd be amazed at the level of service you get when you have mutual respect for the crew and a smile on your face! I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions as well, I feel like I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our Anthem cruise! haha

There is sooo much to do on board to keep yourself entertained if that suits you too!

Anyways... the following activities were FREE:

1: North Star (Reservations recommended or you will have to attempt to get on in stand by)

2: I-Fly (Reservations recommended or you will have to attempt to get on in stand by) We were actually able to do this twice because others had cancelled their reservations and we found it on the Royal IQ app. Our initial reservation was cancelled due to rain and too much water in the tunnel and they re-booked us later in the week. This was AWESOME and we highly recommend!

3: Bumper Cars- As many times as you'd like!

4: Roller Skating- As many times as you'd like!

5: Trapeze School- I would recommend showing up at the beginning of the time slot listed as they only give out 40 wrist bands for each 2 hour time slot!

6: Ping Pong- The guys had a ton of fun playing ping pong multiple days!

7: Foosball

8: Rock Climbing

9: FlowRider- Stand up or Boogie Boarding in the open times listed in the Compass.

10: Puzzle Break- Right outside of the Seaplex... it was a lot of fun!

11: Dodgeball tournaments in the Seaplex

12: Basketball/Soccer in the Seaplex

13: Xbox Area- Upper level of the Seaplex

14: Fitness Center

15: Pool Tables- Music Hall, deck 4 (I believe)

ADDITIONAL FEE

1: Air Hockey

2: Arcade

3: Private Lessons on Flow Rider

I don't think I'm forgetting any of the activities we did or that were asked about! There was so much to do and we had an amazing time!

Enjoy your cruise!! :D

Hello all!

Thanks so much!!!

OBC does not show up on your BofA CC statement, only points towards available uses. You must actually book a cruise and then call or use the website to get your OBC.

Thanks Bob for posting the link. I keep losing it!

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Thank you all so much for your helpful information!

Can anyone explain the dynamic dining? I have only been on oasis class ships and they do not have this dining service there.

Dynamic Dining is the same as My Time Dining, except that you can pick one of four free restaurants in addition to picking the time you want to eat.

Thank you all so much for your helpful information!

Can anyone explain the dynamic dining? I have only been on oasis class ships and they do not have this dining service there.

You will also want to make reservations ahead of time in your cruise planner as soon as dining opens up so that you can get the times you want at the dining rooms you want. :)

Once you book your cruise and redeem your points to the OBC - it may take a day or two to show up once on the ship. Take a copy of your BOA points redeemed certificate with you showing the OBC in case you run into any issues. I did have a problem once and was glad I had my paperwork with me. Everything was resolved :)

Does anthem of the seas have formal nights? I thought I read that one of the dining rooms is always formal? also, is there only certain days that the north star operates? does it operate at the new jersey terminal on boarding day? thanks!

Does anthem of the seas have formal nights? I thought I read that one of the dining rooms is always formal? also, is there only certain days that the north star operates? does it operate at the new jersey terminal on boarding day? thanks!

No formal nights on Anthem. If you chose to eat at The Grande a jacket for gentlemen is required. Exception is the first night and the night prior to debarkation.

Once you book your cruise and redeem your points to the OBC - it may take a day or two to show up once on the ship. Take a copy of your BOA points redeemed certificate with you showing the OBC in case you run into any issues. I did have a problem once and was glad I had my paperwork with me. Everything was resolved :)

Where on the website will we see it? I did it a few weeks ago, but I don't know where to find it.

Where on the website will we see it? I did it a few weeks ago, but I don't know where to find it.

If it does show up on the website, I've never been able to find it.

I request Royal's Guest Copy of my booking confirmation to see the OBC.

Dynamic Dining is the same as My Time Dining, except that you can pick one of four free restaurants in addition to picking the time you want to eat.

Dynamic Dining Classic is similar to Traditional dining - you dine at the same time every night (Early or Late), get the same tablemates (if any) and the same waiter, but each night all of you go to one of four different restaurants, the order of which is preset. The nights that you are scheduled for The Grande is the formal night for you. (I've not been on yet so correct me if I'm wrong!)

Dynamic Dining Classic is similar to Traditional dining - you dine at the same time every night (Early or Late), get the same tablemates (if any) and the same waiter, but each night all of you go to one of four different restaurants, the order of which is preset. The nights that you are scheduled for The Grande is the formal night for you. (I've not been on yet so correct me if I'm wrong!)

But the person didn't ask about Dynamic Dining Classic. She asked about Dynamic Dining. Like Bob, I assume that she wants to know what it is, and what it is is what Bob described.

:)

ETA: Now I see that you haven't been on the Anthem yet.

Dynamic Dining is what Bob described. Some people (:rolleyes:) objected, so RC changed its name to Dynamic Dining Choice, and added Dynamic Dining Classic, which is the rotational dining with the same tablemates and waitstaff rotating at the same time around the four different main dining rooms.

Edited by Merion_Mom

But the person didn't ask about Dynamic Dining Classic. She asked about Dynamic Dining. Like Bob, I assume that she wants to know what it is, and what it is is what Bob described.

ETA: Now I see that you haven't been on the Anthem yet.

Dynamic Dining is what Bob described. Some people (:rolleyes:) objected, so RC changed its name to Dynamic Dining Choice, and added Dynamic Dining Classic, which is the rotational dining with the same tablemates and waitstaff rotating at the same time around the four different main dining rooms.

Yep.. Like the way Disney does it

I am a new RC credit card holder (through B of A). I saw my reward points on my statement I received in the mail, but when I went online to my account I couldn't see them. I called B of A and they confirmed that you have to go to another site to actually see reward points and request the OBC. I think it's in $50 increments. And if I remember correctly you have up until 4 or 5 business days before your cruise to request the credit.

I am a new RC credit card holder (through B of A). I saw my reward points on my statement I received in the mail' date=' but when I went online to my account I couldn't see them. I called B of A and they confirmed that you have to go to another site to actually see reward points and request the OBC. I think it's in $50 increments. And if I remember correctly you have up until 4 or 5 business days before your cruise to request the credit.[/quote']

Bob posted that link in post #4.

Use the link Bob posted as Carol said. I have used it many times. You can choose the amount of points you want to redeem for OBC but have to say if the cabin is double occupancy or single. Why, I don't know. Anyone have that answer? Katherine

Use the link Bob posted as Carol said. I have used it many times. You can choose the amount of points you want to redeem for OBC but have to say if the cabin is double occupancy or single. Why, I don't know. Anyone have that answer? Katherine

That selection is supposed to determine if the OBC goes all to one guest or is split between two guests. I say "supposed to" because it seems no matter which I choose, the OBC is split. However, if the get it wrong, Guest Services can fix it once onboard.