Gifts by Celebrity - Summit

Dreamer68

Hello folks,

It's my first time on the Celebrity Summit and was wondering if anyone's had experience with ordering Gifts by Celebrity. Various members of our party are celebrating milestone birthdays and I wanted to order some things to be in the staterooms when they arrive. We leave this weekend.

So far, I have not enjoyed navigating the Celebrity website, took a whole hour (of trying and re-trying) to set up Select Dining for a group of 8 for our whole trip....so although I love to do online stuff, I am think I will be calling these in. I just wanted to know though, if people have ordered stuff and if what they ordered looked like what it is on the website. Y'know how a Big Mac always looks better in the photo than in your order? :D

I received the birthday package from my TA, which should have consisted of decorations, cake and a few other extras. I never received the cake. When I checked with the ship I was told I must have eaten it and forgotten I did. I will never order gifts again on Summit. I have order gifts on other ships and cruise lines and never had a problem. Once on Royal Caribbean I was shorted something and they made good immediately without question.

I found the staff on summit to not be very co-operative.

I am traveling on this ship again shortly hoping for a better outcome. Again on my birthday hope no one orders me a cake.

Think 'sometimes it looks like a big mac in the commercial' and sometimes it looks like the commercial in the restaurant you order it from or sometimes it does not.

Just like ordering flowers through FTD on the website, it looks good, does it deliver good?

Eye/taste of the receiver AND sender...

bon voyage... and have fun!

UGH!! I did not double-check my initial message for typos etc. I am thinking that I will forego the online ordering of these gifts and call in my order....so close to sail time anyway.... waiting for more comments before I pick up the phone.

I suggest requesting an email confirmation in case the gifts don't arrive. Hopefully, it is not too late to order. We are sailing this weekend on the Summit and hope to meet you.

Marie

Marie, I wanted to do this online so I could print screen or get an e-mail confirmation like I did for the Dining selection. However, it was like pulling hair getting those dining reservations online (the system would remove my choices or double my choices, sigh) and while I may not be like the young kids these days with supernatural electronic genes but I can hold my own, y'know? :) I do know enough that if I want gifts for different staterooms, each one should be a separate order. I'll wait a few more hours for more feedback and then decide. Yes, perhaps, we will meet on the Summit, especially if we go for the Roll Call get-together. :-)

I received the birthday package from my TA, which should have consisted of decorations, cake and a few other extras. I never received the cake. When I checked with the ship I was told I must have eaten it and forgotten I did. I will never order gifts again on Summit. I have order gifts on other ships and cruise lines and never had a problem. Once on Royal Caribbean I was shorted something and they made good immediately without question.

I am traveling on this ship again shortly hoping for a better outcome. Again on my birthday hope no one orders me a cake.

Edited by Robertac1004

That's a terrible response from the Summit staff, Robertac1004! Most staff members in top level (4 star and up) hospitality industry properties (land or sea) are aware that they are on the front lines. If they don't give good service, somebody else will. So, get with the program, eh, people? Wow. Still can't believe they told you that you must have eaten it and forgotten that you did....goodness!

You better call your gifts in TODAY, as in ASAP. They may have a 3-day cut-off for orders.

I've only ordered OBC from them and haven't been disappointed yet, but I'm sure to always print the receipt in case there is. You should do the same and take them with you on the cruise just in case. Bon voyage!

You better call your gifts in TODAY, as in ASAP. They may have a 3-day cut-off for orders.

I've only ordered OBC from them and haven't been disappointed yet, but I'm sure to always print the receipt in case there is. You should do the same and take them with you on the cruise just in case. Bon voyage!

Well! That just lit a fire under my butt, DrivesLikeMario!:D Decided to do it online so I could do a screen capture for each step AND of course, get a receipt at the end. One gift per cabin at a time. So 15 minutes later, I'm all set. It was much easier than the dining selection. Phew! Now, let's hope the recipients are nicely surprised by their gifts and enjoy what I've chosen.

Thank you, everybody, for your feedback. :)

Hello folks,

It's my first time on the Celebrity Summit and was wondering if anyone's had experience with ordering Gifts by Celebrity. Various members of our party are celebrating milestone birthdays and I wanted to order some things to be in the staterooms when they arrive. We leave this weekend.

So far, I have not enjoyed navigating the Celebrity website, took a whole hour (of trying and re-trying) to set up Select Dining for a group of 8 for our whole trip....so although I love to do online stuff, I am think I will be calling these in. I just wanted to know though, if people have ordered stuff and if what they ordered looked like what it is on the website. Y'know how a Big Mac always looks better in the photo than in your order? :D

I used to order often for friends and relatives, but it appears that Celebrity isn't really encouraging gift purchasing. They used to decorate our suite or stateroom for example with a happy birthday, happy anniversary or bon voyage theme. It really was beautiful! They typically included a cake also- They no longer decorate the cabins- probably too much work and too little profit. The best thing to do is on the celebrity website do a search for gifts by celebrity. The items are very limited now. They will do a small cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, wine etc. Very limited gifts for children also now.

UGH!! I did not double-check my initial message for typos etc. I am thinking that I will forego the online ordering of these gifts and call in my order....so close to sail time anyway.... waiting for more comments before I pick up the phone.

I have always been happy with what I ordered. Not sure but maybe 15+- different times always called after I printed the order form first so I had the order numbers.