For all you food/cocktail lovers out there....help out a CC friend

2calgarycruisers

For me it starts with the Caesar salad WITH the Anchovies. A nice hot app. followed by a sorbet intermezzo(feel free to request it!) Then on to a great Beef Wellington. Followed by tea & a Hot Fudge Sundae with extra sauce.

Great idea on the sorbet! Is beef Wellington in mdr or where?

Please give Qsine a try. DH and I ended up with three other couples and had a blast together. I know you will enjoy it, but it is more fun sharing with other couples.

I'm looking forward to it - hopefully we will meet some great people! Have just registered on roll call

French Toast, crisp bacon and fresh berries in Blu.

Waffles in the buffet

Steak and seafood brochette in Lawn Club Grill (Silhouette and Reflection only)

Caesar salad definitely with anchovies in the dressing (you can skip the anchovies if you get it made at the buffet)

Macarons in Luminae

Eggs Benedict

Appreciate this opportunity to share more from our dining fun while sailing on the Celebrity Solstice. Need proof? Below is some "VISUAL EVIDENCE". Like? Many more options are shown on my live/blogs that are full of other visuals from life on these ships, seeing great ports, etc.

These pictures are from the speciality locations that can be a special treat! This escargot that we had in the MDR was fairly average, at best, on this sailing of the Solstice. Sorry!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 151,251 views for this posting.

For dining in Tuscan Grille on the Solstice in January while sailing from Australia to New Zealand, we started with a nice glass of sparkling Italian wine (Prosecco Spumanti). Fun, especially as the glass kept being re-filled!! One bread stick (got to save room for the later “good stuff). Second is this “warm-up dish” of Pomodora Mozzarella di Bufala. The best is always saved for last . . . a nicely designed and super tasting of this Italian favorite, Tiramisu. I also had some Limoncello to top off the dining delights. Did we like it all? Absolutely!!:

TuscanampBridge1_zps179efed3.jpg

TuscanampBridge12_zps7f0384f8.jpg

TuscanampBridge14_zps6b5518d2.jpg

My wife and I ordered Châteaubriand for two at Murano. Here is it being prepared table-side. The second pictures shows how it looked on my plate with its fricassée of baby vegetables. There were the options of Béarnaise & Cabernet sauce. I had to be fair and could not choose between these two great options. Solution? How to decide? Have BOTH!! Great decision.:

MuranoDining12_zpsa0781883.jpg

MuranoDining13_zpsedee9985.jpg

For dessert, the choice was Grand Marnier soufflé. The sauce? Crème Anglaise á la Gousse Tahitienne.:

MuranoDining15_zpsb7294f7a.jpg

TERRY! UNFAIR!

But thanks for the trip back down memory lane for what we are missing!

EW [/size]

YES, for our Texas friend, I totally "PLEAD GUILTY". Sorry that things looked so good. Yes, it all tasted nice, also.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 18,148 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

There really are few if any "nice" (i.e., palatable) wines on the Classic Package list. Upgrade to Premium for less than $12 a day all-in. That's less than one great martini or good glass of wine.

showed hubby your response and I think we are in :D

YES, for our Texas friend, I totally "PLEAD GUILTY". Sorry that things looked so good. Yes, it all tasted nice, also.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 18,148 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

OMG thank you for sharing - I do have a question on speciality restaurants specifically regarding the chateaubriand - are we only allowed one entree each? Hubby would love chateaubriand whereas I would go seafood and maybe share?

Sorry, but I think the specialty venues on Celebrity are a step above anything on Royal Caribbean. I have eaten at all of them. :p

We did do a few of RCL's specialty restaurants on different cruises but would not return to any (different story, different thread which I should have shared) although Chops was not of them.

Seriously considering a 5 night speciality dining package as it's about $26 per person per venue, and we are on a 14 hight cruise (Silhouette out of Rome on October 22nd, 2015).

Thoughts?

Still hoping some answers though on a couple of questions - if we do the five night package can we choose which restaurants i.e.: book multiple nights at one or more restaurants? And for Sushi on 5 as it's "a la carte" how does that work for the dining package?

I'm sure I can search and find out what is an Aspen Coffee but can you share? and what makes it unforgettable? and maybe unmakable at home?

Coffee, Kahula, Baileys & Frangelica (yummy)

Edited by awhfy

those are my favourite kind of cookies but trying to keep $$'s onboard spent on food down to a minimum - guessing there is nothing to compare?

The pastries at ElBacio are complimentary / only beverages have to be paid for

After sailing Royal, our upcoming cruise on Equinox is our first on Celebrity. Can someone please tell me which venues are have an upcharge and which don't. Those I've seen mentioned are Mast Grille, Lawn Club, Tuscan and Blue (which I assume are an upcharge), Muranco (upcharge), Bacchio (sp). That's all I know of at the moment and I'm not sure all of these are even on the Equinox. Any help would be appreciated.

Silk harvest, Tuscan grill, muranos and sushi on 5 are extra cost. Mast grill is included and is where you get burgers on deck. Blu is for aqua class guests. Aqua spa cafe is for anyone who wants a lighter / healthier breakfast or lunch option. Cafe el bacio all food is free and drinks are payable. Luminae is for suite guests.

OMG thank you for sharing - I do have a question on speciality restaurants specifically regarding the chateaubriand - are we only allowed one entree each? Hubby would love chateaubriand whereas I would go seafood and maybe share?

Appreciate this follow-up and good question. My sense, not a guarantee, is that the staff is fairly "cooperative" and flexible for "creative" requests. There was a dessert for two in Murano that I wanted to order and my wife wanted to order something different. We asked, they said YES! and all were happy. Assuming that you have fairly "reasonable" interests/requests, ASK and usually they are more than willing to be helpful. Go for it! Sounds like a smart choice!!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 151,312 views for this posting.

Great idea on the sorbet! Is beef Wellington in mdr or where?

The Beef Wellington was in the MDR on one of the Formal nights. With "Chic" nights, not sure what will be offered. We had it on the QM2 in the Queens Grill. It was outstanding! With that rest. being quite small, only a few pax order it v/s hundreds in the MDR, so it comes out much more "personalized". Even so it was really still very good on the Eclipse. Surprisingly we had it on the Regal Princess last Feb. on a formal night. It was close to Cunard's in quality. I was quite surprised.

We've found if you ask politely, you can get a second entrée as well. Chateaubriand goes great with the Flambéed Lobster! Do remember to "tip" you waiter extra! They are actually somewhat discouraged by mgt. from offering extras in the specialty rest.

Do eat at least one dinner al fresco at the buffet. The panini grill in the back custom grills steak, chicken and salmon. No crowds at dinner and you can dine outside.

Other favorites:

-Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch: cold soups, ficelle breads, peach bread pudding

-Room service cheese plate for afternoon snack on your balcony, pick up a glass of wine on your way back to your room

-French rose wine is very good (dry) and on the Classic Pkg. Pair it at lunch with a plate of cantaloupe

-Pizza station has grilled veggies to put on pizza or eat by themselves

-Buffet scooped ice cream in buffet for free

-Unfortunately, the sushi on the buffet has been taken away, boo hiss

After sailing Royal, our upcoming cruise on Equinox is our first on Celebrity. Can someone please tell me which venues are have an upcharge and which don't. Those I've seen mentioned are Mast Grille, Lawn Club, Tuscan and Blue (which I assume are an upcharge), Muranco (upcharge), Bacchio (sp). That's all I know of at the moment and I'm not sure all of these are even on the Equinox. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuscan, Murano, Silk Harvest, are the specialty venues with fee.

The specialty coffee and tea are additional. The GastroBar has an ala-cart menu with the best burger I have had on a cruise in 29 years. Sushi on 5 is ala-cart per item also.

There is no charge to dine in BLU, but you do have to be booked in an Aqua cat cabin. The suites have their own dining room too.

The Mast Grill, the Aqua Spa Cafe, the Oceanview buffet, and the MDR are all included in the cruise fare.

EW

There is no Lawn Club on the Equinox.

Edited by wallie5446

I am sitting here with a lousy coffee, cold toast looking out on rainy, miserable day (which rained unexpectedly on my new painted adirondack chairs :( - reading these posts and salivating - this trip can't come soon enough! Thanks so much to everyone for their help!

When we were on RCL there was no problem taking snacks and drinks off the ship for port calls - how is this on X? From what I've read you can only get sandwiches from the buffet?

The Beef Wellington was in the MDR on one of the Formal nights. With "Chic" nights, not sure what will be offered. We had it on the QM2 in the Queens Grill. It was outstanding! With that rest. being quite small, only a few pax order it v/s hundreds in the MDR, so it comes out much more "personalized". Even so it was really still very good on the Eclipse. Surprisingly we had it on the Regal Princess last Feb. on a formal night. It was close to Cunard's in quality. I was quite surprised.

Wellington was on the menu the second chic night in March . . . was excellent! We were on Eclipse and both commented the food was better than on Constellation last September. just due to a different chef I imagine. Food on Connie was fine, but much better on Eclipse.

Another Cafe Al Bacio suggestion if the day is hot: a chocolate Iglu. Requested mine be made with low fat milk to lessen the guilt a little 😉. Great way to cool down on returning to the ship after a hot day in port.

sounds like you are a seafood fan like me - have you tried the seafood tower? that really appealed to me...

I have seen the seafood tower. I have not tried it yet. My other half does not eat seafood. Sept 2016 we will on Silhouette, just not sure if I can or should eat the seafood tower by myself. Friends that love seafood are cruising with us in Nov 2017 on Reflections.

Thanks for the info - I am a HUGE planner and enjoy planning just as much as the vacation I think! I just thought it would be helpful, and fun, to have a good amount of info like this in one thread.
I agree 100%. That's why the forums and roll calls are so nice on CC. We've already made a few friends for our November trip and we'll be doing a couple of private excursions with them. It's so nice to already know some people when you get on a ship with 2000 passengers :)