Future cruise credit

knotgillty

OK.............on our cruise in December we each will buy a future cruise deposit of $100 each.

We can then use that deposit for any sailing, any deal that comes up in the next 2 years, right?

Are the deals for these future cruise deposit always the same, or do they vary by the ship that you are on?

It looks like I cannot use these with a travel agent though, right??

I use my FCD all the time with a travel agent :)

Tony

OK.............on our cruise in December we each will buy a future cruise deposit of $100 each.

We can then use that deposit for any sailing, any deal that comes up in the next 2 years, right?

Are the deals for these future cruise deposit always the same, or do they vary by the ship that you are on?

It looks like I cannot use these with a travel agent though, right??

My TA specifically advised me to go and get a FCD aboard, once I was sure I could handle the motion of the ship-balance, sight and mobility issues. She explained that she'd receive an email from the Future Cruise Consultant, advising her of my purchase, with the relevant number/s. I am considering booking on board-need a VERY/B] specific Window Suite so must book early, and be organised! The future cruise would be not-quite 15 months out from sailing, think it's 1 day short.

HTH.

The deal is the same on every ship both for purchasing the FCD and for using it.

If used for a world cruise segment, instead of the $100 deposit and the OBC, it is a reduced deposit of 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3%.

There is usually a form in your cabin or now you can do it with the Princess at Sea App. That is what we did last time.

Silly question but have never done FCD before - could you use any obc that you have left for fcd? We didn't get any OBC this cruise but in view of the fact that the exchange rate pounds to dollars is advantageous to us we were considering 'purchasing' some and then using it for FCD. Hope this makes sense!

Silly question but have never done FCD before - could you use any obc that you have left for fcd? We didn't get any OBC this cruise but in view of the fact that the exchange rate pounds to dollars is advantageous to us we were considering 'purchasing' some and then using it for FCD. Hope this makes sense!

No you can't :mad: Princess only charges it to your credit card.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent info guys.

One last question. It's a 90 minute drive to my nearest port (San Francisco). We visit the city once or twice a year and it would be easy to schedule these visits for times the cruise ship is in port. If I were to do multiple Bon Voyage Experiences over the next few years, can I get multiple fdc's/fcc's and stack them for a future trip? Is there a limit?

You can purchase multiple Future Cruise Deposits when you are on the ship but you can only redeem ONE certificate per person per cruise.

You can purchase multiple Future Cruise Deposits when you are on the ship but you can only redeem ONE certificate per person per cruise.

You can redeem as many as you want on a cruise however you only get the obc for one.

When we booked a couple of months ago, I wanted to apply three Future Deposits, with the expectation of getting only one OBC each. Our PVP stated that we could use a maximum of two Future Deposits each ... and, as I expected, we each would get only one OBC.

When we booked a couple of months ago, I wanted to apply three Future Deposits, with the expectation of getting only one OBC each. Our PVP stated that we could use a maximum of two Future Deposits each ... and, as I expected, we each would get only one OBC.

Thanks. Maybe that changed. I knew you could use more then one. :)

• 1 year later...

You can "spend" more than one per person as a deposit toward your cruise, but you will only receive one FCC OBC per person.

That is, if you book a cruise, you and your spouse can apply 1 FCC each and will receive the $100 toward the deposit and one OBC each. Alternatively, you could use 3 FCCs each. You will each be credited $300 toward the deposit and still 1 OBC each.