Closest port from Toronto that is included in a cruise route?

steph001

I am planning a 14 -20 days vacation. For the first few days I will be visiting places near Toronto and I have already reserved a luxury apartment rental in Toronto for the same. I would like to include cruising in my this vacation plan as well. Which is the closest place from which I can get into a cruise ship? Can I get in one from Montreal? If then, where can I book my place? I am looking a cruise route that lasts around 7 days. If anyone knows about it, please help me. Thanks!

This will depend on the time of year that you're visiting. There are Fall foliage cruises in September/October, and Holland America also sails during the summer months. Smaller ships (below, say, 70,000 grt) can go as far as Montreal; anything bigger will depart from Quebec City, just a bit further down the river.

If your dates don't correspond to the fall foliage season, the US east coast ports aren't that much further - New York/New Jersey and Boston are the main ones to look out for.

In order to find cruises on offer, check one of the major online cruise travel agencies; most will have an option to search by departure port.

Edited by Twickenham

Besides Holland America, other companies also offer cruises from Montréal. (Sorry for the capital characters, I pasted this to save me some typing).

AIDA CRUISES

AZAMARA CRUISES

BLOUNT SMALL SHIP ADVENTURE

CRUISE & MARITIME VOYAGES

HAPAG-LLOYD

OCEANIA CRUISES

PEARL SEAS CRUISES

PHOENIX REISEN

REGENT SEVEN SEAS

SEABOURN

SILVERSEA

VICTORY CRUISES

VIKING CRUISES

A website I like to use to research for my own cruises is "Timetables.com". You will be able to choose your port and departure date. This site will give you all the cruise companies which sail on your dates with the itineraries and prices. Besides Montréal, you can choose other ports like Boston, New York etc. I cannot paste the link here because it is a sponsorized cruise site.

Montréal is easy to get to by train from Toronto (Via Rail).

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

I am planning a 14 -20 days vacation. For the first few days I will be visiting places near Toronto and I have already reserved a luxury apartment rental in Toronto for the same. I would like to include cruising in my this vacation plan as well. Which is the closest place from which I can get into a cruise ship? Can I get in one from Montreal? If then, where can I book my place? I am looking a cruise route that lasts around 7 days. If anyone knows about it, please help me. Thanks!

When will your vacation start, does your rental start the same day, and how long is the rental for???

If you started your cruise in Montreal, will it have to end back in Montral (round trip) or could it end in Boston or New York (one way)???

SBtS

Thanks you for the replies. I guess I should contact any local travel agents. I heard that Toronto port doesn't include in a lot of cruise routes. So I guess Montreal will be my closest and best option.

@SailBadtheSinner - The apartment is booked for 5 days, but I can cut short it by a day or 2 if I need to. I am looking for one way cruise. I am planning to return via flight.

Thanks you for the replies. I guess I should contact any local travel agents. I heard that Toronto port doesn't include in a lot of cruise routes. So I guess Montreal will be my closest and best option.

@SailBadtheSinner - The apartment is booked for 5 days, but I can cut short it by a day or 2 if I need to. I am looking for one way cruise. I am planning to return via flight.

If the apartment has been booked already, when do you start, dd/mm/yy?

What does the @ in front of my name mean?

SBtS

You do know that Toronto is not on or near an ocean, therefore only lake or river cruises can begin there?

The OP is aware of that, and that is why in post #1, he asked: Which is the closest place (to Toronto) from which I can get into a cruise ship? Can I get in one from Montreal? If then..............

SBtS