Vista 2 is Carnival Horizon

I am really hoping it spends the first summer in the Med.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are having dinner with some Carnival mgt people in two weeks and will see what o can find out.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

Pretty sure it will be in Europe per the rules on the sweepstakes Carnival posted on their FB page when they announced the name.

The rules are long but here is the relevant part of what the winner receives. Also, looks like itineraries will be out before the end of 2016!

5. PRIZE DETAILS AND RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip consisting of the following:i) one (1) 7-Day Cruise for four (4) (winner plus three (3) guests) taking place on Carnival’s newest ship in 2018, and ii) round trip coach air transportation for four (4) (winner plus three (3) guests) from a major International airport nearest winner’s residence to destination city in Europe. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $8,500. Winner and travel guest(s) are responsible for transportation to and from the port of departure, applicable taxes, fees and port expenses, gratuities and any and all other expenses incurred in connection with the cruise, including without limitation, all excursion fees, specialty restaurant fees, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules. Travel must be booked by 12/31/16 and must sail by 12/31/18. Winner and travel guest(s) must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport) or other documents required for travel. Actual value of trip varies based upon double-occupancy accommodations, itinerary and date of sailing.

Edited by trvlgirlmq

Pretty sure it will be in Europe per the rules on the sweepstakes Carnival posted on their FB page when they announced the name.

The rules are long but here is the relevant part of what the winner receives. Also, looks like itineraries will be out before the end of 2016!

5. PRIZE DETAILS AND RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip consisting of the following:i) one (1) 7-Day Cruise for four (4) (winner plus three (3) guests) taking place on Carnival’s newest ship in 2018, and ii) round trip coach air transportation for four (4) (winner plus three (3) guests) from a major International airport nearest winner’s residence to destination city in Europe. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $8,500. Winner and travel guest(s) are responsible for transportation to and from the port of departure, applicable taxes, fees and port expenses, gratuities and any and all other expenses incurred in connection with the cruise, including without limitation, all excursion fees, specialty restaurant fees, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules. Travel must be booked by 12/31/16 and must sail by 12/31/18. Winner and travel guest(s) must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport) or other documents required for travel. Actual value of trip varies based upon double-occupancy accommodations, itinerary and date of sailing.

Good find! Also the book by date is 2016. Hmmmm......

Good find! Also the book by date is 2016. Hmmmm......

Don't think I'm not already checking port schedules :D

The only bothersome thing to me is the 7 night cruise detail. I do hope there are some longer itineraries mixed in.

Is there any news expected soon to confirm a third order?

We were on the Vista June 21st sailing (Athens-Barcelona) and our cruise director, Matt Mr. Hottie Mitchum, announced at the platinum/diamond party (and maybe elsewhere as well) a third ship was official for 2020.

We were on the Vista June 21st sailing (Athens-Barcelona) and our cruise director, Matt Mr. Hottie Mitchum, announced at the platinum/diamond party (and maybe elsewhere as well) a third ship was official for 2020.

That's no secret. The question is will it be a third Vista class or a new class. Given the success of Vista, I think Vista class is a reasonable choice.

Fincatieri's Wikipedia page lists five Vista ships on order, with Vista III due in 2019 and the last two in 2020. All three of those are listed as Costa ships, but it would not be the first time Carnival Corporation has transferred ships between brands prior to completion.

Costa also has two larger ships (183,200 GT) due from Meyer Werft in 2019-2020. AIDA also has a ship in the same class due in 2020 - AIDA's three smallest ships combined have less tonnage than this forthcoming ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costa also has two larger ships (183,200 GT) due from Meyer Werft in 2019-2020. AIDA also has a ship in the same class due in 2020 - AIDA's three smallest ships combined have less tonnage than this forthcoming ship.

This would be the other choice.

Fincatieri's Wikipedia page lists five Vista ships on order, with Vista III due in 2019 and the last two in 2020. All three of those are listed as Costa ships, but it would not be the first time Carnival Corporation has transferred ships between brands prior to completion.

Those two ships will be build for Costa Cruises Asia and designed specifically for the Asian market. I think those ships are really important for Carnival Cruise Corporation and will stay at Costa. Financieri has enough space left in the shipyard for another vessel in 2020. Looking at the history of when Carnival orders their ships ( al Dream class ships were ordered in the month December, not sure About Vista ) i think we could see the third Vista class ship being confirmed end of the year.

Btw, two of those Vista ships are Costa, the third one is for P&O cruises Australia.

Edited by DutchCruiseFan

I'm very happy to have found this discussion. Very interested in booking this ship. My DH retires next fall and we're looking for a Med cruise into a TA. Inn 2018. Hopefully Horizon chooses that in itinerary.

Edited by sunnydaygirl

I'm very happy to have found this discussion. Very interested in booking this ship. My DH retires next fall and we're looking for a Med cruise into a TA. Inn 2018. Hopefully Horizon chooses that in itinerary.

At the beginning of page 3 you can see the options for Horizon!

Yes, but I still think the Horizon replaces something in FL and that something goes to CA. i don't see the NY full time thing happening, they've tried it too many times. But I wouldn't be surprised if she TAs there and does a couple before moving south.

Having two sisters (in this case Vista and Horizon) doing Alternating eastern and western, one on Sat, one on Sun, is a tried and true model that I expect to see repeated.

Edited by nealstuber

Perhaps Carnival could send the Miracle to Florida, and the Conquest to Long Beach - it gives Long Beach a slightly larger ship, and gently pulls back from Florida where the newer, bigger ships come online.

• 4 weeks later...
That's what I'm hoping too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hi :)

This years cruise was amazing, we enjoyed all the ports and had two great excursions , one to Pompeii and another into Rome ! Sardinia really surprised us, it was very pretty.

We enjoyed it so much we did enquire at the future cruise desk to see if we could book another med cruise on a carnival ship, she told us it will be the Horizon. I really hope that is true :)

fingers crossed,

Nicky

Yes, but I still think the Horizon replaces something in FL and that something goes to CA. i don't see the NY full time thing happening, they've tried it too many times.

Are you saying that Carnival can't compete out of NYC? I wonder why that would be? When was the last time Carnival had a year-round sailing out of NYC?

RCCL and NCL both have big new ships that sail from NYC year-round and they seem to be doing very well.

Are you saying that Carnival can't compete out of NYC? I wonder why that would be? When was the last time Carnival had a year-round sailing out of NYC?

it was around 2014 was the last year sailing, they were cheap and not selling well. i was on one of the last winter cruises carnival did out of NYC

part of is Carnival fault for the lack of itinerary, they do the same Bahama cruise during the winter that they do during the summer. I wish Carnival followed NCL winter cruising model and do 10/12/14 day cruises that stop in places in the Caribbean and a few of the ABC islands.

it was around 2014 was the last year sailing, they were cheap and not selling well. i was on one of the last winter cruises carnival did out of NYC

part of is Carnival fault for the lack of itinerary, they do the same Bahama cruise during the winter that they do during the summer. I wish Carnival followed NCL winter cruising model and do 10/12/14 day cruises that stop in places in the Caribbean and a few of the ABC islands.

Ah, I could see that. We really like Carnival but my wife HATES to fly. So we have Sunshine and Pride cruises booked but really want to try newer ships. We may have to try out RCCL.

RCCL and NCL both have big new ships that sail from NYC year-round and they seem to be doing very well.

Before I say what I'm sure will get me in trouble, let me state that We grew up in LI, married there and lived in New Jersey for 5 years.

New Yorkers are just too tough for Carnival to please with their current model. Even NCL's Breakaway and RCCL's Anthem regularly get panned here and on other boards. Ships out of NY also seem to get heightened scrutiny from the NY based media which seems to have an axe to grind with the whole industry.

Please understand, I do not mean this an an insult, to the contrary NEw Yorkers are used to Broadway and AC caliber entertainment and better dining so I just think they come at Carnival from a different perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums