Vista 2 is Carnival Horizon

We are doing a TA on Princess in Sept' date=' Copenhagen to NYC and will do five European ports before coming to the US.

As I recall the Vista will do one or perhaps two plus Bermuda.

Like the five new ports (to us) version much better. Gives us the first week to play tourist and the second week to spend on the ship.

If Vista would have done something like this we would have taken her.[/quote']

Yes, Gibraltar, Azores, and an overnight in Bermuda. But after 2 very port extensive cruises, I'm looking forward to a very relaxing TA.

What can you tell me about TA is there enough to do on sea days? We're paying 2500 for 8 days for an HV interior or TA would be 13 days for a DLX OV is around 2900 if we do Vista it would be to Aruba, Curaco, GT and DR not sure what we should do. A TA should be around Oct, but how is weather and how would the ship handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I really doubt they're going to put their flagship in a homeport that struggles to sell out a Spirit class ship.

Its either Florida or NY. I'm leaning towards NY because both NCL and RCI have brand new ships there.

I'd bet NY gets a year round ship when Horizon comes out.

My guess if the shuffle is:

Horizon to Miami.

Vista to Galveston.

Breeze back to Florida, maybe Canaveral?

One of Florida's newer ships to NYC year round.

Whichever ship (currently Sunshine) is doing the Canaveral / New York / Norfolk alternation switches to Boston / Norfolk. (Boston has already been announced for 2018, although no details yet and Norfolk has been clamoring for more sailings.)

I'd bet NY gets a year round ship when Horizon comes out.

carnival tried year round out of NY but failed due to the same old boring itinerary they always do and they had to reduce the prices. When i sailed the splendor in January a few years ago, it was about 399 per person. they should of done what NCL does during the winter months and do 10/12/14 days cruises instead of the 8 day freeport/nassau cruises.

Vista - horizon . If they're going to build a third one it must be named Reflections ;)

That has to be the inside favorite at this point given that name is used on one of Vista's dining rooms. I know another user posted Spectacle as part of a joke, although his joke post did call Horizon correctly. I'm sure Carnival's marketing team is itching to use all sorts of vision related puns when Vista 3 sets sail in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was posted by John Heald, really interesting.

Which of these itineraries do you hope the Carnival Horizon sails on when she is launched in March 2018?

A) Baltic cruises – St Petersburg, Estonia, Finland etc

B) Mediterranean cruises – featuring ports in Spain, France and Italy

C) British Isle cruises – England, Scotland, Ireland etc

D) Norwegian Fjord cruises

E) I hope she comes straight to the USA to start Caribbean cruises and does not stay in Europe

F) Not bothered

Please answer A, B, C, D, E or F

The ship was always going be Horizon, it wasn't so much of a leakage but the fact Horizon was the left over name when they were releasing details of the to be built Vista.

As soon as Carnival said the new class ship was going to be named Vista or Horizon its sister would always be Horizon....and this was yonks ago.

Theres more chance of Horizon being in China than being in Long Beach IMO as that market is going crazy right now and certain parts of Asia have a love affair with US culture. Its also interesting that many companies don't allow westerners to book Asian sailings so if Carnival did I would be interested.

I do however think she will do a mini European season (ending in Septemberish) then head to Miami.

Sorry, there is more a chance that they might be considering bringing Horizon to Long Beach more sending her to China. That's a fact. The reason that I'm thinking this because they have not released the name of the ship/ schedule that would be replacing Miracle when she leaves in 2018. All/ most of the cruises and ships' schedules have been posted through August 2018......... Inspiration and Imagination cruises and schedules are there through April 2018. Why not posting a schedule/ship for 7 day cruises after January 2018.. Miracle's last scheduled cruise as now out of Long Beach is December 30, 2017

The ship was always going be Horizon, it wasn't so much of a leakage but the fact Horizon was the left over name when they were releasing details of the to be built Vista.

As soon as Carnival said the new class ship was going to be named Vista or Horizon its sister would always be Horizon....and this was yonks ago.

Theres more chance of Horizon being in China than being in Long Beach IMO as that market is going crazy right now and certain parts of Asia have a love affair with US culture. Its also interesting that many companies don't allow westerners to book Asian sailings so if Carnival did I would be interested.

I do however think she will do a mini European season (ending in Septemberish) then head to Miami.

Edited by Cruiseboy06

I think they will send a Dream class ship to Long Beach and will send either Vista or Horizon to fill the gap where the Dream ship left. So thats either galveston, New Orleans or port canaveral i believe?

And of course if Vista goes to one of those ports, Horizon will move to Miami.

Only way Carnival goes back to sailing year round from New York is they must have longer itineraries in the winter. 8 day cruises to the Bahamas in January/February weren't popular. They need at least 10 days to go to Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands.

Only way Carnival goes back to sailing year round from New York is they must have longer itineraries in the winter. 8 day cruises to the Bahamas in January/February weren't popular. They need at least 10 days to go to Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands.

While I am wrong all the time (just ask some posters here;)), I cannot see a way for that to happen for Carnival to do those types of sailings out of New York (don't disagree with your logic).

Sorry, there is more a chance that they might be considering bringing Horizon to Long Beach more sending her to China. That's a fact. The reason that I'm thinking this because they have not released the name of the ship/ schedule that would be replacing Miracle when she leaves in 2018. All/ most of the cruises and ships' schedules have been posted through August 2018......... Inspiration and Imagination cruises and schedules are there through April 2018. Why not posting a schedule/ship for 7 day cruises after January 2018.. Miracle's last scheduled cruise as now out of Long Beach is December 30, 2017

The only cruises I see posted past April 2018 are for the Legend Alaska and Hawaii cruises.