Salzburg or CeskyKrumlov???

mmsoko

Just an FYI (and it may not help the OP but maybe others for the future), I'm on Viking next April and decided to stay in Linz while in port, rather than go to Cesky Krumlov. My husband, friends and I have transportation services to get to Prague from Passau at the end of our cruise, so we will stop in CK for a few hours before arriving in Prague. This way, we can relax and enjoy Linz, rather than miss seeing it. I'm not sure if Viking will have Salzburg as an optional tour. If so, we'll decide once on board and depending on the weather. My friends did the same cruise back in 2013 and they went to Salzburg. It was very cold with a mix of wet snow.

Monica

Here are a few photos of Cesky Krumlov that may help people decide if it is the type of place they would like to visit. For us, it was one of our favourite places that we visited.

636049483_2016Vacation0891.jpg.af9a84b8e23bc18f9db228a46573ffb2.jpg

1639951953_2016Vacation0918.jpg.77399750d10b5a6360c055407d15aeea.jpg

2079201655_2016Vacation0940.jpg.503d2dbab9e189061bc6c2e915fdd519.jpg

409563765_2016Vacation0946.jpg.8023d9f73d7a60be9934375806b6c81f.jpg

1375082398_2016Vacation0972.jpg.8c3406bc8d8d92231c0b92d83fdb573f.jpg

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to both places on our trip this past spring. My husband and I both liked Salzburg better....much better, as a matter of fact.

There's no question I have some fabulous pictures from Cesky, but we liked Salzburg better.....the people, the old town, the castle, the views, the food.....

And, we aren't Sound of Music people, so that didn't interest us-and we still found more than enough to do. In fact, we are looking forward to returning, in early summer, sometime.

Robin

AmaSerena Aug 14th? If so, we're on that ship too! I think that they will explain both options in detail the night before and answering all our questions. If you are unsure, maybe you should wait for the presentation to make your final decisions.

Enjoy your trip!

AmaSerena Aug 14th? If so, we're on that ship too! I think that they will explain both options in detail the night before and answering all our questions. If you are unsure, maybe you should wait for the presentation to make your final decisions.

Enjoy your trip!

You can't book til on board anyway so no reason to rush :).

We will be returning to stay in Salzburg for the 6th time (I have been 10x) this fall. Love the city and the easy day trips to the countryside.

both places are wonderful to see. The bus ride to CK can take awhile. We did the tour with Avalon and enjoyed it. The previous trip we had an unexpected trip to Salzburg which was nice. One thing about Salzburg is you may find yourself overwhelmed by the Sound Of Music touristy stuff. CK is much smaller, very pretty and has the bohemian feel. If you are going to CK take comfortable walking shoes.

Edited by gentlemancruiser

Enjoy your trip!

Will make decision on ship....just hoping to get some opinions while I have the opportunity.

Thanks to all of you for your comments/suggestions