Shuttle from Orlando hotel to Port Canaveral

Next Feb we are flying into Orlando Sat for a Oasis of the Seas cruise leaving Port Canaveral the next day Sun.

I'd like to get recommendations for hotels in the Orlando (or other area) area for Sat where I can easily get from the airport to the hotel and then Sun a shuttle from the hotel to the port. Do hotels in the area offer a package deal w/ room and shuttle the next day to Port Canaveral?

Coming back a week later on Sun I need to get from the port to the Orlando airport. Seems to me it is unlikely the hotel I stayed in a week before is going to be of help to me here. Any recommendations for transportation here?

I'm likely to be coming back here w/ other routine questions as time goes on. I'm not a cruiser. It has to be more than 15 years since our last cruise. I generally go to a destination be it a Caribbean island, or a European country, etc. Stay for one to two weeks and see the area. However, as this is for our 50th anniversary, this has been recommended as the ideal multi-generational family vacation. So I'm a bit rusty as far as some of the basics of modern day cruising goes. Help me out. Be gentle w/ me. Thanks.

Do you explicitly want to stay in Orlando that night? If not, there are lots of hotels in Port Canaveral.

If you want to stay in Orlando because you have other plans there that night, it may be worth renting a car at MCO and dropping it off in PC the next day. The rental folks are used to people doing this and have shuttles to and from the port, but lots of people will be doing the same thing so there will be lines.

I've used Mears before to hire a private car from the port to MCO and their service was fine.

The main hurdle here is that it's a bit of a haul from MCO to Port Canaveral--about an hour (less if everything goes perfectly, much more if it doesn't).

We've used Budget car rental as the cheapest option from the airport to the port. If the OP doesn't mind driving, I would suggest a car rental at the airport with a return to Cape Canaveral on the day of the cruise. Budget offers a free shuttle to the ship.

But, more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS ON 50 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!

There are hotels in the Port Canveral area that offer packages that include transportation from the airport to hotel and back to the airport after the cruise. I used Hampton Inn this March and all went well. Shuttle (Coco Beach) was waiting at the airport and at the cruise terminal upon my return.

Donna

There are hotels in the Port Canveral area that offer packages that include transportation from the airport to hotel and back to the airport after the cruise. I used Hampton Inn this March and all went well. Shuttle (Coco Beach) was waiting at the airport and at the cruise terminal upon my return.

Donna

So was the shuttle included in the hotel price? If so, I would think it was quite expensive.

Next Feb we are flying into Orlando Sat for a Oasis of the Seas cruise leaving Port Canaveral the next day Sun.

I'd like to get recommendations for hotels in the Orlando (or other area) area for Sat where I can easily get from the airport to the hotel and then Sun a shuttle from the hotel to the port. Do hotels in the area offer a package deal w/ room and shuttle the next day to Port Canaveral?

Coming back a week later on Sun I need to get from the port to the Orlando airport. Seems to me it is unlikely the hotel I stayed in a week before is going to be of help to me here. Any recommendations for transportation here?

I'm likely to be coming back here w/ other routine questions as time goes on. I'm not a cruiser. It has to be more than 15 years since our last cruise. I generally go to a destination be it a Caribbean island, or a European country, etc. Stay for one to two weeks and see the area. However, as this is for our 50th anniversary, this has been recommended as the ideal multi-generational family vacation. So I'm a bit rusty as far as some of the basics of modern day cruising goes. Help me out. Be gentle w/ me. Thanks.

Lots of information on this topic on the Florida Departures Board.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The shuttle was included in the hotel price of $289. But the transportation was for 1 person only, additionl people are $ 45.00 for the transport. One more thing the shuttle also picks you up from the hotel and takes you to the cruise terminal.

Donna

We are doing Oasis in February as well.

We have chosen to rent a car from Hertz and are staying at the Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach (Cape Canaveral). The Hertz return is next door, so will drop the car off the morning of the cruise and take the hotel shuttle over to the port.

We still haven't figured out how we are getting from the port to the airport after the cruise, but there is still plenty of time. I was more worried about rooms selling out.

Happy 50th anniversary!!

We also always rent a car. I like to use it that evening, shop, go to dinner, then drop off in the am. They shuttle you to the port. We arrange them to pick us up after the cruise and take us to the car agency. Drive to the airport when needed right at the airport. Very easy actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are doing Oasis in February as well.

We have chosen to rent a car from Hertz and are staying at the Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach (Cape Canaveral). The Hertz return is next door, so will drop the car off the morning of the cruise and take the hotel shuttle over to the port.

We still haven't figured out how we are getting from the port to the airport after the cruise, but there is still plenty of time. I was more worried about rooms selling out.

Happy 50th anniversary!!

We usually do the same as you (rental car to the port) and take one of the shuttles back to the airport. We normally don't want to take the extra time to pick up and turn in the rental car on the way to the airport. We've taken Cortrans several times ($20pp) and been very pleased with the service.

Renting a car is the easiest way to do it. We rent from Budget, always a decent price and they have always been nice helpful and reliable for me. We stay at the Holiday Inn Express just down the road from the cruise port. Again, decent rooms and a decent price.

Congratulations on your 50 years!

Happy Cruising!

JoeRum

We usually do the same as you (rental car to the port) and take one of the shuttles back to the airport. We normally don't want to take the extra time to pick up and turn in the rental car on the way to the airport. We've taken Cortrans several times ($20pp) and been very pleased with the service.

We will likely go with Cortrans to the airport. We have only taken cruise line shuttles in Port Everglades before. There have always been several waiting when we got off the ship.

Do I just pick a time and they are there? What if customs delays us, do they wait? Do they hold up a sign with your name or something?

Thanks for your help... again!

We will likely go with Cortrans to the airport. We have only taken cruise line shuttles in Port Everglades before. There have always been several waiting when we got off the ship.

Do I just pick a time and they are there? What if customs delays us, do they wait? Do they hold up a sign with your name or something?

Thanks for your help... again!

You pick a time on their website, usually 1 hour apart. I doubt they will wait long as there are folks in the bus that need to catch a flight. Signs are obvious once you get to the shuttle area.