Anthem Classic vs, Dynamic

Could someone answer this question please. If we have Classic dining, do we chance dining rooms and just keep the same time or are we just in the same dining room for the whole cruise?

You keep the same time, tablemates, and wait staff. However you change dining rooms on a schedule you will see in your stateroom after you board. There is no way to know the restaurant rotation before you board.

Interestingly, you have the same table #, and the tables are in the same location, in each dining room. So, it is very easy to find your seat.

Also, you do not know when you'll be scheduled for The Grande. Unless you get the first/last nights of the cruise when the formal dress code is relaxed, you will be expected to dress up a bit (jackets for men, no shorts, etc). They lend jackets to those who dont have them.

Is Classic Dining input by our TA in advance - or - online when the dining reservations are finally available?

You choose the option when you book. If you book Classic you have to choose early or late, nothing else. If you choose Choice, dining booking opens sometime before the sailing (90+ days).

Is Classic Dining input by our TA in advance - or - online when the dining reservations are finally available?

When you initially book the cruise, your TA will put in either Classic (traditional) dining at 5:30pm or 8pm, or Choice (my time dining). If you have Classic, then RCI sets the dining room rotation and you will find a paper in your cabin with the assignments when you board. If you have Choice, then you reserve the restaurants online and set your own rotation.

If you choose Classic when you booked can you switch to Choice prior to sailing? Can you switch to Choice after you set sail?

If you choose Classic but decide one of the restaurants on your rotation isn't to your liking can you choose another restaurant and "wait" for a table to be available?

Sorry I'm finding the dining confusing...😳

If you choose Classic when you booked can you switch to Choice prior to sailing? Can you switch to Choice after you set sail?

If you choose Classic but decide one of the restaurants on your rotation isn't to your liking can you choose another restaurant and "wait" for a table to be available?

You can switch before or during the cruise, if there is room in Choice.

If you don't like one of the restaurant choices, I'd consider Windjammer or a specialty restaurant that evening.

You can't change your rotation for a single night, no. Switching to Choice once onboard is possible, I believe, but you are likely to find all of the restaurants either booked or only a few, very late times available.

You'll quickly learn that the left side of the menu is the same at all four restaurants, with choices specific to that venue on the right. I've also heard, but did not try myself, that you can ask for anything from any of the four main restaurants, regardless of which one you are in that night. So finding something you like should be no problem.

You also always have the Windjammer as an option. Or any of the specialty restaurants available, but of course, those cost extra.

You'll get used to how things work once you are onboard. It's different, but we loved it.

Edited by hapster85

t. I've also heard, but did not try myself, that you can ask for anything from any of the four main restaurants, regardless of which one you are in that night.

You can order from the restaurant across the hall from yours, as the two restaurants on each floor share a kitchen with each other. You can't order from a restaurant upstairs or downstairs from the one you are in.

You can order from the restaurant across the hall from yours, as the two restaurants on each floor share a kitchen with each other. You can't order from a restaurant upstairs or downstairs from the one you are in.

That makes sense. I would've realized that, if I'd thought about, since the gallies were part of the All Access tour I took. Thanks for clarifying.

Our confirmations (all seven of them for 16 people) for next July say Classic is 6:00 pm. When I booked I was told our options were 6:00 or 8:30. Is that the correct time or did they change it to 5:30 which is much too early?

Thank you.

Our confirmations (all seven of them for 16 people) for next July say Classic is 6:00 pm. When I booked I was told our options were 6:00 or 8:30. Is that the correct time or did they change it to 5:30 which is much too early?

Thank you.

You may not know for sure until you are onboard. Others have reported classic timing of 5:30pm and 8:30pm.

You can switch before or during the cruise, if there is room in Choice.

If you don't like one of the restaurant choices, I'd consider Windjammer or a specialty restaurant that evening.

Thank you!!! :)

You can't change your rotation for a single night, no. Switching to Choice once onboard is possible, I believe, but you are likely to find all of the restaurants either booked or only a few, very late times available.

You'll quickly learn that the left side of the menu is the same at all four restaurants, with choices specific to that venue on the right. I've also heard, but did not try myself, that you can ask for anything from any of the four main restaurants, regardless of which one you are in that night. So finding something you like should be no problem.

You also always have the Windjammer as an option. Or any of the specialty restaurants available, but of course, those cost extra.

You'll get used to how things work once you are onboard. It's different, but we loved it.

Thanks so much! :)

Thank you.

It showed up on our planner as 5:30pm to 6pm. We asked the Head Waiter and he said that we could show up any time in the range (we usually got there between 5:45 and 5:50), and after 6pm they would turn the table over to the Choice (MTD) people.

I think the range for late dining is 8:00 to 8:30pm, but don't hold me to that because we did not have late dining so it wasn't on our planner.

Edited by DonnaK

Thank you.

As you can see from the letter that I posted above, first seating is 5:30.

Since Anthem reached New Jersey, they have been telling everyone that first seating is 6:00 at the time of booking, but when you actually board the ship, you find out that it's actually 5:30.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to throw more confusion in the Dynamic/Classic dining topic, check out the wording in our reservation !

" Dynamic Dining Classic "

Seeing this as confusing is probably from thinking the options are dynamic and classic, but that is not the case. The options are Dynamic Dining Choice and Dynamic Dining Classic. With Choice, of course, you choose the restaurant and time. With Classic, you're either early or late, and the restaurant is chosen for you.

does having the 8:30 pm classic seating conflict with show schedules or do show times vary each evening?

The 3 main shows were available on multiple days, at various times, so you should have no problem finding one that works for you. We Will Rock had an afternoon performance, as well. I don't recall if The Gift and Spectra's Cabaret did.

Be sure to make reservations online before you sail to get the times you want. Otherwise, you may find yourself waiting in the standby line.