Coke Freestyle Machine Thread

If i had a soda package, do I have to bring my cup to the MDR for dinner or can I get a soda during dinner without the cup?

You can get a soda from any bar or server without the cup, that's why they put a sticker on your card. You just can't use the machine without your cup.

If i had a soda package, do I have to bring my cup to the MDR for dinner or can I get a soda during dinner without the cup?

Note that without the cup you will only have about a half-dozen choices of soda.

• 2 months later...

From my experience, it appears that they activate upon their first use. It also seems that they are activated for a two week period.

I was on a back-to-back recently and was able to continue using the same cup during the second cruise. After about ten days of use, though, the machines started having trouble reading the chip and were reporting "Invalid cup" or that the cup wasn't present. I swapped that cup with a different one and that one said that it was going to be active for two weeks beyond that point.

From my experience, it appears that they activate upon their first use. It also seems that they are activated for a two week period.

I was on a back-to-back recently and was able to continue using the same cup during the second cruise. After about ten days of use, though, the machines started having trouble reading the chip and were reporting "Invalid cup" or that the cup wasn't present. I swapped that cup with a different one and that one said that it was going to be active for two weeks beyond that point.

Knowing this I now wonder if you took a cup that had never been used onto another cruise say 6 months later whether it would work and would it work if received on one ship and then used on a different ship.

• 2 months later...