Suites - what would you like to see

jonj

I sailed on Anthem this summer in a Royal Family suite and made good use of the free internet as I have to check work email at least once a day, We enjoyed coastal kitchen very much. We didn't get a chance to use the thermal room. We enjoyed the concierge lounge and the room itself

Currently, our next cruise is on the Navigator Europe 2017. While I understand some of the Quantum and Oasis class ship suite class items do not make sense or cannot be offered on older classes I wanted to see what people on those ships would like to see as part of the suite. My cruise on the Navigator in an Owners suite is a bit higher priced than the RFS on the Anthem with less suite perks. With the additional internet cost the difference in price is larger for the same cruise length

I don't understand why the Quantum class ships do not have the free beer and wine in the suite lounge while the Quantum class only has these options in the evening. Or why the Quantum class has a "concierge" lounge and not a "suite lounge"

I feel that the complimentary internet access is a no brainer and easy add on to suites across the fleet

What would you want to see as "doable" suite perks across the fleet?

Edited by jonj

I agree, on those without Sky class, etc. the perks are looking quite mediocre given the suite cost.

My wish list for Sky and all Grand suites and above on "non-Sky/Star" ships would be:

Included internet (already on Sky)

Included Select package (basically the equivalent of all day access to the Suite lounge for beer/wine)

One complimentary speciality dinner for each 7 days (so 2 on a 14 day, none on a 3 day)

I feel quite strongly about this - the non Suite Class ships do need some kind of suite enhancement program. As far as I can tell, the last enhancement was prior to 2010.

It's only a matter of time before they do another round of changes (in my opinion) but I would like to see the following, depending on grade of suite:

Included internet

Drinks package

Specialty dining

Laundry

I hope Royal acts sooner rather than later.

While I enjoy the Royal ships the cost vs perks for suites has us considering canceling our 2017 reservation since we can get more for the same cost on other lines. Oceania is pricing slightly lower but their dates/ itinerary doesn't work for us but it has us looking at other possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jonj

For non Oasis/Quantum Class

GS and Above should receive Internet and possibly Select Package

OS and RS a specialty restaurant

On a side note. It in the flyer I posted yesterday about the suite perks shrinking, I noticed only Star class gets a coffee /tea pot. Shy and Sea class do not...

For non Oasis/Quantum Class

GS and Above should receive Internet and possibly Select Package

OS and RS a specialty restaurant

On a side note. It in the flyer I posted yesterday about the suite perks shrinking, I noticed only Star class gets a coffee /tea pot. Shy and Sea class do not...

I suspect that would for the Nespresso coffee machine for the Star Class. I suspect the old Mr Coffee machine has remained in the Sky and Sea Class cabins.

Our OS on Oasis had a French press coffee maker, which was great once I figured out how to use it.

Free internet would be nice along with a speciality dinner.

Free drink packages like offered many times on NCL and Princess would really be nice.

I feel quite strongly about this - the non Suite Class ships do need some kind of suite enhancement program. As far as I can tell, the last enhancement was prior to 2010.

It's only a matter of time before they do another round of changes (in my opinion) but I would like to see the following, depending on grade of suite:

Included internet

Drinks package

Specialty dining

Laundry

I hope Royal acts sooner rather than later.

I was thinking these same benefits

Suite lounge for suite people only

Dinning room for suite people

Good reserve seating for pool like Navigator has not like Liberty

Bring back luggage tags

Laundry

Drink package or at least discount for drink package

This. We have taken our last cruise on Royal Caribbean until they up their game regarding the suite program. We have already started to book land based vacations after ten years of vacationing only with RCI. We recently sailed on one of the smaller ships in a royal suite, everything having to do with the suite was very nice but outside of the suite program was kind of bad ie: main dinning room and windjammer. The cruise ship within a cruise ship model is appealing to us.

- Free Internet

- Free Drink Package

- Free Specialty Dinner (at least 1 per 7 days)

- Suite deck like on Oasis/Allure/Harmony - include a hot tub and/or small pool in this area.

- Free wash/fold/press laundry

- Fresh flowers in the room

- Special treat brought during evenings (canapes, etc)

- Free mini bar - beer, soda, liquor, mixers

- Upgraded room service menus

- Spa passes for duration of cruise