cruise atlas

long cruiser

Thanks for the information. I just became a platinum member and am wondering what this cruise atlas is all about. So then I should receive my first one in late September, do you think?

Pooh

It's a listing of cruises which I can find online & deck plans which are helpful whenever I want to quickly view a printed copy.

Complimentary Cruise Atlas

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. It includes details on all itineraries and sailings for that year, making it easy for you to plan ahead.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's a listing of cruises which I can find online & deck plans which are helpful whenever I want to quickly view a printed copy.

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. It includes details on all itineraries and sailings for that year, making it easy for you to plan ahead.

Also available at princess.com in PDF:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureList.page?selectedBrochures=

Some 2017-2018 "mini-brochures" are also there

I guess this is another platinum/elite benefit available in North America only. When I lived in Canada I used to get one but since returning to the UK no atlas. Does it really cost Princess that much that they can't offer it to all?

Just checked. NOTHING YET about the 2017- Spring 18 Cruise Atlas, PDF or printed.

Princess is really shooting themselves in the foot, today I received our Holland-America 2017- Spring 18 cruise atlas!

Much faster and easier to use than searching bit by bit on the internet.

Don't forget the Sip and Sail which must be booked BY THE END OF AUGUST!

NOTE: Yes I've veered off course, but we've been disappointed by Princess that not ALL cruises are available for S and S, just all DESTINATIONS! BEWARE. Sorry to carry on so.

Without the hard copy, so no info is really missed online.

Other than tracking where all of the ships are positioned during each month, we hardly ever refer to our copy of the atlas. And when we get a new one, the old one just goes to the recycle bin anyway, so it's just a marginal benefit of our Elite status. The Princess web site has much more current information about specific cruises.

Case in point: We just decided last week to look into New Zealand cruises early next year (6 or 7 months away). It's one of the few places left on my bucket list that I've always wanted to see, and even more so since the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies came out. But when we checked, all of the cabins we would like were already booked. Then we noticed that 2018 was listed on the web site, so we checked that. Voila! Although a surprising number of cabins were already sold, we now have reservations for a mini-suite on a February, 2018 Australia-New Zealand cruise (Diamond Princess). If we waited for the atlas, we might never get to go.

I have a suspicion that the atlas might go the way of the dodo soon anyway, and it would probably be just as well. In these more ecologically-aware times, that's a lot of paper and ink for something that could be downloaded as a .pdf. And it would save Princess quite a bit as well.

although I find I use the web for most things I do enjoy the Atlas. I use to quickly check for cruises we could be interested and really comes in handy when planning multiple cruises back to back.

I like the table at the back to find where ships are.

I also like to look at all the possibilities - especially the exotics for dreaming and ultimately planning.

I keep all my old atlas as well and often refer to them.

I also use the deck plans often for quickly finding a cabin when commenting to others on my fb page or blog.

I know they offer it online but sometimes the hard copy just works better.

in the past they have asked us if we wanted it or not.

Agree with others - it use to come mid summer, for the past three years it has come very late in the Fall.

Just checked. NOTHING YET about the 2017- Spring 18 Cruise Atlas, PDF or printed.

Princess is really shooting themselves in the foot, today I received our Holland-America 2017- Spring 18 cruise atlas!

Much faster and easier to use than searching bit by bit on the internet.

Don't forget the Sip and Sail which must be booked BY THE END OF AUGUST!

NOTE: Yes I've veered off course, but we've been disappointed by Princess that not ALL cruises are available for S and S, just all DESTINATIONS! BEWARE. Sorry to carry on so.

We have one cruise booked for next year under that promo but I really want to take a cruise late this year or early next year and they aren't included in the dang promo!!! Very annoying. We did secure it for the 28 day Hawaii and South Seas cruise next October though!