Help! Flight home from Port Canaveral

The chance of making this flight is zero at 100% certainty. I see flights from Orlando to Evansville at $155 on United....of course I don't know the day. It includes a stop, but I'd take that over driving home.

Lowest price on United with a comfortable time frame on 10/23 (the day they return) is $ 465 pp :eek:

Edited by TLC535

Delta flies out of Melbourne, fl(35-40 minutes south) on Oct 23 at 5:55pm for $156 per person into Evansville connecting in Atlanta arriving to Evansville at 9:30pm

Definitely what I would go with !

Given Evansville's location, can't you investigate flying out of, and returning to a different city? Evansville is smack in the middle of St. Louis, Louisville, Indianapolis and Nashville. You can't find a reasonable price from one of these? It's a drive, but it ain't 14 hours.

Edited by ramja96

Given Evansville's location, can't you investigate flying out of, and returning to a different city? Evansville is smack in the middle of St. Louis, Louisville, Indianapolis and Nashville. You can't find a reasonable price from one of these? It's a drive, but it ain't 14 hours.

That's what I was thinking, Southwest has flights from MCO to LOU. Looks to be around a 2 hour drive from LOU to Evansville.

That's what I was thinking, Southwest has flights from MCO to LOU. Looks to be around a 2 hour drive from LOU to Evansville.

For some stupid reason flights after 10am that I have booked into LOU with Southwest are ridiculous...and I think the Sunday they need the cheapest after 9am is $255 a piece:eek:

Edited by Magellan321

For some stupid reason flights after 10am that I have booked into LOU with Southwest are ridiculous...and I think the Sunday they need the cheapest after 9am is $255 a piece:eek:

I've seen many high fares with Southwest lately. Every time I get one of those emails about the $69 fares, I check a flight we need for October, and it's over $200.

Bob if we booked right now for our July 2017 flights, they want over $1200 for 2 to fly to IAH round trip while we can fly to Boston round trip for 2 for a little over $800 as well as our 1 way flight to Copenhagen for next August for our TA. never understood why they charge more for shorter flights. We are looking at a 3 hr flight to IAH vs 6 hrs to Boston.

I've seen many high fares with Southwest lately. Every time I get one of those emails about the $69 fares, I check a flight we need for October, and it's over $200.

You'll enjoy this one...January we fly to San Juan out of MCO...friends are flying Providence, RI to San Juan connecting at MCO with us....their flight...$10 more than us on SW! lol...still a good deal but makes no sense

Hopefully the OP gets an answer from Alligiant today and can find a comfortable alternative to the 14 hr road trip.

Bob if we booked right now for our July 2017 flights, they want over $1200 for 2 to fly to IAH round trip while we can fly to Boston round trip for 2 for a little over $800 as well as our 1 way flight to Copenhagen for next August for our TA. never understood why they charge more for shorter flights. We are looking at a 3 hr flight to IAH vs 6 hrs to Boston.

It's all based on head to head competition on that particular route.

It's very crazy. For example, we might book a flight from STL->ATL->FLL for $200. Someone else might book from ATL->FLL for $250, on the same exact aircraft as our flight. Makes no sense until you look at the head to head competition on each origin-destination pair.

We have been asked why we don't go out of LAX, much cheaper, well the flight yes, but when we have to add in either a 1 way car rental, 1 night hotel & food for the one night, that chews into the difference to fly out of Palm springs and return home. The cost for us to take a 35 min flight to LAX is double a shuttle or 1 way car rental, so the convenience to fly out & back from our home city is worth it to us and no more expensive then the trip to LAX for a flight.

We have been asked why we don't go out of LAX, much cheaper, well the flight yes, but when we have to add in either a 1 way car rental, 1 night hotel & food for the one night, that chews into the difference to fly out of Palm springs and return home. The cost for us to take a 35 min flight to LAX is double a shuttle or 1 way car rental, so the convenience to fly out & back from our home city is worth it to us and no more expensive then the trip to LAX for a flight.

Plus the horrible drive into the LA traffic mess. :eek:

I got this flight for 46pp each way, Im hoping allegiant has some option for us or some type of refund before I start searching other new options..I absolutely hate traveling options in our city. For the size of our city, our options are soooooo limited :(

You fare almost certainly is non-refundable and likely would cost at least $75 pp to change to a different flight.

Did I miss it or did the OP not comment on the other cities or even ORD or MDW

Desert Cruizers, I can see why you wouldn't want to drive to LAX but what about Santa Ana or Ontario.

Bob I would happily take LA traffic if I could move back!! I say that now, but I know once I hit the 405 parking lot I would be a very unhappy minion

... Bob I would happily take LA traffic if I could move back!! I say that now, but I know once I hit the 405 parking lot I would be a very unhappy minion

Not me. Lived in that mess for 20 years, won't go back at any price.

We have booked flights home. Flight leaves Sanford airport at 9:55am. We have never been on a Royal cruise before, nor have we flown. We typically drive home. We have a rental car and are hoping if we are in port at 6am as they state we should be, and get off boat within the first hour, drive is 55min from port and airport states to arrive an hour early, in theory we should be fine. But I continue to see posts about people being nervous about making 11, noon, 1pm flights..Should I cancel this flight? Is this ridiculous to think we would make it there in time? Is there any way to talk with Royal and assure we get off boat quicker?

IMHO, you would not make it even close.

Two ways to drive from PC, I95/46 and 528/417. Without traffic, minimum time would be close to 1:45 mins.

Although Sanford is not a busy airport, who knows how long it will take to drop off bags and go through security. No way I would try this.

We got off Majesty (PC) normal self walk off (hand carry) and didn't arrive home in Ormond until right at 10. Nearly same mileage

Unfortunately, a lot of the flights out of PSP are seasonal. We'd LOVE to fly out of there as we are only 1/2 hour away. :mad:

Actually minimum is actually little over 1 hour by using I95 and 46. Just drove that route 2 weeks ago. We were one of the first to get off the ship. I managed to get home at 10:10 (live about 25 mins from Sanford airport and I did dropped off my cousin at Sanford first) so I probably passed Sanford airport before 9. I have use Allegiant before and I can understand the limit of when you can fly. If you can maybe stay for a couple of days (I know they don't fly out every day). And enjoyed some local area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have booked flights home. Flight leaves Sanford airport at 9:55am. We have never been on a Royal cruise before, nor have we flown. We typically drive home. We have a rental car and are hoping if we are in port at 6am as they state we should be, and get off boat within the first hour, drive is 55min from port and airport states to arrive an hour early, in theory we should be fine. But I continue to see posts about people being nervous about making 11, noon, 1pm flights..Should I cancel this flight? Is this ridiculous to think we would make it there in time? Is there any way to talk with Royal and assure we get off boat quicker?

i am so sorry but there is no way this is going to work. I had the worst line ever getting off the ship in Port Canaveral back in May and by the time we got to the orlando airport it was 11:30 i think. Not sure where Sanford is and if it is closer to not but i think you are really pushing it with time especially since with security they want you there at least an hour before.

Desert Cruizers, I can see why you wouldn't want to drive to LAX but what about Santa Ana or Ontario.

Just last month Ontario airport divorced themselves from under the control of LAX. Fingers crossed they will attract more carriers/flights in the coming months so we here in the IE can have better options. LAX sucks!:p

we would def. do that if it were a possibility. This flight only comes and goes to our city on Thursdays and Sunday. So only other option if we cant make this work is to drive..Or lose money on this flight and drive to airport 2-3hrs away from us and pay hundreds more. The flight we have booked is allegient and was fairly inexpensive, which is why we were so excited to book and very much looking forward to not driving the 14 hr drive there and back. I have send Allegient an email about situation and see if they have any options available...So sad right now :(

We have Allegiant here too. I have used them for cruises, because it is nice to be able to fly direct, but the big problem with Allegiant is if the flight on Thursday fails to fly, you can't fly again until Sunday, which means if something happens you may miss your cruise too. Last time I used Allegiant, weather was an issue, and I was prepared to begin a 20+ hour drive if our flight was cancelled before the cruise. Sanford is an easier airport than MCO to get in and out of, but as others are telling you the return option just isn't feasible. That said, Allegiant is not the best on time airline but needing a delay to make the flight is not a good plan. In my case Allegiant has always happened, but I have had co-workers plan a long weekend in Orlando or St. Pete and didn't get to go because the flights were cancelled on the outward leg.

JC

We have Allegiant here too. I have used them for cruises, because it is nice to be able to fly direct, but the big problem with Allegiant is if the flight on Thursday fails to fly, you can't fly again until Sunday, which means if something happens you may miss your cruise too. Last time I used Allegiant, weather was an issue, and I was prepared to begin a 20+ hour drive if our flight was cancelled before the cruise. Sanford is an easier airport than MCO to get in and out of, but as others are telling you the return option just isn't feasible. That said, Allegiant is not the best on time airline but needing a delay to make the flight is not a good plan. In my case Allegiant has always happened, but I have had co-workers plan a long weekend in Orlando or St. Pete and didn't get to go because the flights were cancelled on the outward leg.

JC

My son flew Allegiant for our last cruise. He booked a flight leaving FLL at 10:40. Everything seemed to take forever and he missed his flight. With Allegiant you don't have flights that you can just catch the next plane. He ended having to buy a one way from American Airlines. I had warned him that his flight was too early, but what do moms know!

I can't see anyway to make your flight, even if all the stars line up for you.